Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What games are you currently playing?

RE5 was super fun for me but I played the whole thing co-op with Soph. If I were doing it with the AI instead I probably wouldnt have liked it nearly as much. For one thing, the controls are horrifyingly antiquated. They almost feel worse than RE4's. And after playing shit like Dead Space, you have to wonder why these guys are sticking to their old "tank"-style movement. And really? We can't run-and-gun? Not even shoot from the hip? And can't Japanese developers learn ANYTHING from American ones? Like the taking-cover system from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune?

The AI is rather retarded, but they're semi-zombies, so it's forgiveable. The giant cockroach-things are difficult as hell.

The only scary part of the game IMO was slogging through the swamp with all the hidden crocodiles popping up to bite you in the ass, and that was mostly just because they're all one-hit-killers. The areas with the fanboat and the parts of Kijuju where you get teamed on all sides are pretty fuckin fun though.

I dont mind that it's become an action game instead of a horror. Silent Hill always did horror better anyway.

And also Dead Space isn't very scary either TBH ... but it has more trippy moments than RE, thats for sure.

I just finished Prototype's storyline, twas good, but not really satisfying. Now I'm stuck in the city with little to nothing to do, except for events, and freeroaming (which is rather cool on itself).

I installed Fallout 3, but that thing feels too huge, and it sucks that I just got out of the first part, accidentally robbed a barkeeper, which caused my karma to drop. Now the barkeeper is shooting my head off with some of his friends and they're just too strong..

:sad:

I'm about to give Street Fighter IV a chance, even though I don't own a controller at the moment, so I don't know if I'll be able to do it with friends. Anyway, I'll try it out.

If you're looking for co-op then I suggest Call of Duty 5. The co-op bonus level with nazi zombies is really fun and intense~ also I believe they're about to/ (or recently did) release some new zombie levels. I might reinstall it if someone confirms this. The single player mode wasn't what I expected though.

modern warfare's singleplayer was better

Also I just installed Street fighter 4. It's kind of nice. Even though my laptop doesn't handle it and I'm forced to play with 800x600 graphics with all the settings on 'low' its still nice to look at the fluent animation. I was positively suprised before about the fact that there aren't any good fighting games for the pc, but this just made me realize that a controller could come in handy here.

Crysis Warhead beats the piss out of the first Crysis. Much better gameplay.

I've been playing the new Ghostbusters game. Just beat it yesterday. It's pretty fun for the first few levels, but it gets quite a bit repetitive. Shoot a ghost till it's knocked out, then cap it. Shoot a ghost till it's knocked out, then cap it. The gameplay was fucking fun, though, but they seriously should have put in coop. There is NO goddamn reason they couldn't have put in at LEAST 2 player coop. There is not a SINGLE point in the game when you're by yourself (ok, there is, but all it is is you're just split up and they could have done like gears of war, and split you into separate paths, which is fucking fine). You've ALWAYS got at least one other ghostbuster with you. "But we wanted to make you feel like a real ghostbuster" who fucking cares.. just add coop, douchebags.

/rant

Can't wait for the new Batman game.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Little Big Planet lately. I've got so many ideas I can't even make a real level. I get one little building or whatever made in a level, then swap to another.

Mega Flare":2rt9f4fj said:
i just bought mirrors edge and prince of Persia for my ps3. so il be playing those
I liked Mirrors Edge, but thought they could have done way better. You were very restricted and had a set path, rather then free roam. And the game was short, but it was still pretty fun.

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

006":2yai3lwc said:
Mega Flare":2yai3lwc said:
i just bought mirrors edge and prince of Persia for my ps3. so il be playing those
I liked Mirrors Edge, but thought they could have done way better. You were very restricted and had a set path, rather then free roam. And the game was short, but it was still pretty fun.
yeah i just finished playing some... it seems okay so far and luckily i got the game for 15 bucks lol. Though right now im really liking Prince of Persia... so il beat that first

The new Prince of Persia? If so, why? It's so repetitive. The story is somewhat interesting, but not nearly enough to make up for the rather upsetting gameplay.

i loved the new prince of persia. it was pretty repetitive at times, i'll give you that. but the controls were tight and the painted-look gfx were beautiful. and the characters were very likeable (unlike the old PoPs).

The next one I'm just hoping they mix it up a lot more.

I just got the new Prince of Persia for $18. Haven't played it yet.

Currently playing Radiata Stories for the ps2. It's a goofy game, made me chuckle a few times. It's a short game but you spend most of the time recruiting the some 200 playable characters. I beat the non-human side, now I'm playing for the human side.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.