Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What games are you currently playing?

I picked up this book, for literally no other reason than it's so pretty, which got me playing FFXII again.

41Wjhva35kL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I like that Vaan and Penelo are irrelevant. Because I am only there for Franthier.

Fancied seeing how Hearthstone is these days, as I haven't played it for years. The gameplay doesn't seem too different really, aside from the new class being Demon Hunter of all things (why not Death Knight, or hell, even Monk???). The thing that I find strangest, is how they've radically changed the reward system! Back in the day, you'd get a daily quest which would reward Gold, you then used that gold to buy packs or entrance to the Arena, a draft mode.

But now they have weekly quests, which it and Daily quests give you points instead of gold, these points are used to progress through a reward track. It's essentially a battle pass as seen in other games; you work to get rewards, you can pay to get more rewards, and quicker. But the thing that actually annoys me, if their achievements points. I like achievements points. But there you have to manually go through a list and click on the achievement in order to get said achievement points. But they do nothing.

I raised my Cooking Skill 60levels today, in FF11. Compared to Bonecraft and Leathercraft, Cooking is really really easy to level up. All the ingredients are cheap. I only had to stop to farm for Fire Crystals and a few wild onions.
I raised it so I could synthesizes some damn tea I needed for a quest. You're suppose to be able to buy it, but San d'Oria has to be 1st in Conquest for it to be in stock, and it never is whenever I'm playing. So I had to get it the hard way.
Finishing the quest raises your "adventure buddy" level cap - completely worthless. But I've got nothing else to do.
I also raised my Bard class to lv79 or so, I'm just going to raise it to lv88 so I can equip this "Oneiros Harp" I've had stashed away. I also had a handful of skill scrolls I needed to use.

lavendersiren

Mage of Light

Been mostly playing minecraft on a friend's server. Its amazing how that game continues to be both a pretty decent large voxel-based building tool and structured hang-out space.
Looking forward to me and my group doing the entry sequence with the sburbcraft minestuck mod tomorrow :D

EDIT: it's minestuck, sburbcraft is the unrelated homestuck texture pack.
While I'm here, might as well show off some screenshots of how it went. I acted as server player, made the tower thingie up to the 2nd gate.

Welcome to the Land of Bunnies and Mycelium!
xaOGZV8l.png

b6ioZqPl.png

YKBkdbYl.png

Last edited:
After upgrading my laptop, i can see some pretty big differences in performance.

Using Final Fantasy XV demo as a performance test. Before, it was just aweful. But now it might actually be playable with the right settings.
The Witcher also loads like 4x faster.

I'm playing Diablo 3 tonight.
I've decided IF I get Falcon Wings for my character tonight then this will be the year I get the reaper of souls expansion and continue my tradition of playing Diablo for halloween.
IF not, its time for a new tradition.

Been playing all sorts lately. Completed the main story of Thief 2014. It's not a great game, but is just diverse enough to hold me for the main story. The game is too simplistic overall, though. You don't make many choices. I made the mistake of then doing all the Side Jobs, which is was a mistake, as they were booooring. I then started to do the Client Jobs, and they seem like mini missions, which is cool... but by that point I had my fill on 2014 and didn't finish the game.

So I moved onto Thief Gold, the original game. It felt so great to have a blackjack, rope arrows on any wooden surface, etc etc. But it has its own issues. Some clunky controls aside, this first game insists on throwing a bunch of non-stealth, non-thief game portions at you, sometimes entire levels with zombies and what not. Those were disappointing. But I powered through. And through the Guild mission, which mostly takes place in a sewer and the mission was roughly 3 times longer than the other missions... This ended up killing my drive for the game. I only ended up playing the start of the next mission before quitting. The issue with this game, is that everything is so formulaic in the moment-to-moment gameplay... sneak up behind a guy, blackjack him, slowly carry him to your safe spot (in case of patrols, etc). Explore that new room, rinse repeat.

I've got a few more free days with FF11. I've been playing the Seekers of Adoulin content. I'm about to the final chapter but I don't think I can finished it in this time frame. There will be free play periods in the future, so I'm not worried.

From Steam's Winter Sale I bought myself Battler Chasers: Nightwar and Final Fantasy Type-0.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Grabbed Outer Wilds during Christmas sales, what a cool game! I love seeing the sun go supernova, I'm looking forward to freeing up my schedule so I can play it some more.

And as some of you may know I'm a FFXIV nerd and I've been vastly enjoying Endwalker. The third pandaemonium raid is poggers, so fun!

Also the story is mindblowing, I was skeptical they'd top shadowbringers but the madlads, they fuckin did it!

My warrior is jacked now, 571 ilvl or something. Also bloodwhetting/raw intuition are brokenly good!

Big ball combo is using inner release to unlock fellest cleave and critting every hit, then using bloddwhetting before hitting fellest cleave to get a score of self-heal crits.

It takes me from 20% HP up to 95%, it's stupid and I love it. Inner release's cooldown also got dropped to a minute, and bloodwhetting's is little more, meaning i get a pretty much full restore every minute and a half.

I've heard you can solo expert roulettes with this, it takes a while, but you can do it.

Healers love warriors because they can dps 90% of the time and heal only 10% because warrior self healing is so utterly crazy!

I also got my reaper to level 90 just yesterday! God they are fun though i need to properly work out my rotation.

Oh, here's how my reaper looks, I based them off of my OC Xali.
WF5nB1O.png

Mugshot, truly got that same killer expression.
vz1JT6t.png

Last edited:
Nice. I managed to beat the final boss of the Seekers of Adoulin content, Hades, at the last minute. It took a dozen or more tries and I was ready to give up. But I figured I shouldn't waste the free play period. And Success! Kind of a lame ending IMO. There was this interesting business with stones that capture spirits and souls. But they didn't go anywhere with it!

Almost missed the Return to Vana'Diel campaign, the free play period for FFXI.
It's their 20th anniversary so I expected there'd be something nice for logging in.
Got a Noble Chocobo mount! Very nice.
CydVMWi.png

Every time I come back to FFXI I have to wonder, is this the end? I went a lot further than I though I would.
I'm past most of the points of interest. I'm going to try to defeat the Cloud of Darkness. But I think I've hit a plateau. Getting stronger gear at this point means logging in daily to get Domain Points that are limited to 100 per day.
I spent 2 days to get this Hervor set worth about 120pts total. Which is barely better than what I was wearing but definitely more stylish. The set pieces above this are like 4000pts, so it's like another month of login in. That's B.S.

XhtYl5k.png

I know after I beat Cloud of Darkness, I can unlock the Siren Summon. And then there's content called "voracious resurgence", but it's not as they say "premium" content. So it's probably nothing significant.

I know after I beat Cloud of Darkness, I can unlock the Siren Summon. And then there's content called "voracious resurgence", but it's not as they say "premium" content. So it's probably nothing significant.
That sounds like a classic case of the MMO is on life support; minimum game dev time for maximum engagement time.

I've been playing some Outer Worlds lately. And I'm loving it. Except I always have issues sticking to a build / playstyle in these RPG games. I end up spending more of my time researching how I want to play, than actually playing. And if I am playing, it's me remaking characters, which results in me experiencing the same things over & over...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.