Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

ChaosMaxima":4dllt2v3 said:
asmodeus":4dllt2v3 said:
Hey, I've got a question. In the features list, you say you can use hotkeys and spells? How do you do this. The demo doesn't tell you :)

Currently, the hotkeys for Skills and Items are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. on the number pad. If you want to change this, go to the script "NeoABS Settings". Over here, you'll see a code like this:
Code:
  Skill_Keys = {Input::Numberkeys[0] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[1] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[2] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[3] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[4] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[5] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[6] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[7] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[8] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[9] => 0,
                Input::Letters["B"] => 0,
               }

Simply change the Input::NumberKeys[Number] to Input::Letters["A-Z"] (you choose any letter between A and Z)

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.

elderm

Hmm.. I have a little problem. I would like to do a punching bag, that have only HP and that my character can hit, but I dont know how. This how I tried:
http://www.mangutsoon.org/muu/poksikott.jpg[/img]
http://www.mangutsoon.org/muu/poksikott2.jpg[/img]
And this is what I get:
http://www.mangutsoon.org/muu/error.jpg[/img]

Little help please. :-[

[offtopic]1-scene full CMS doesnt work with NeoABS- Cant hotkey spells[/offtopic]

elderm

Umm... My punching bag didnt move and turn, but when I tuched it, then I got this error. ???

// Still cant get it work, I tried Behaivor [1,3] [1,4,5] but still nothing. Now I just cant attack my dummy. So, Mr. Mo, could you please explane, how to make a dummy. :)

asmodeus":3dm32209 said:
Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Always glad to help =)

Now... for your problem, Elderm, I really don't know what to do, but I'm trying out various ways to get this to work. If I am able to, I'll send you a PM. :)

Dean

Hey, Mr. Mo, I dunno if you've seen my request for a steal script, but i thought I would make a suggestion about it here.
I nice add-on for your ABS would be a steal system ^_^ It could work how ever you wanted, but my request called for something along these lines:
You press [button] next to an enemy (or npc) and 2 bars show up. The first bar is the enemy's awareness. if the bar raises to the top, they attack you (or you simply fail). if its an NPC, they also might call a guard or something else you'll have to fight other than the citizen. The second bar is your success. When it reaches the top (before the first bar) you successfully steal (duh). when you let go of the button, the first bar begins to drop (unless you move [example] 5 squares away) instead of just canceling out.

Depending on the monster in the database is how you vary how fast the first bar raises, and same goes for your own thieving skill level.
I dunno if you would make THIS steal system for your ABS ... but any steal would be great ^_^

Hey Mr. Mo! I have a suggestion, too. In you SBABS section, can you make a definition we can call on to change the party leader back to the main hero of the game if he is alive? It would be usefull for cutscenes. This is assuming you will again add the change party leader function. Be careful by the way, that caused saving errors in the last SBABS.

Keep up the good work!

Mr. Mo, you got tons of error reports. Kind of feels like a pain in making a script.
@People who are trying to put this into their game, or having bugs. >.>
Some of you give him a break, only one person.
If you get errors from putting the script into your game well common sense there.
You didn't get all scripts/or graphics. Secondly remove scripts you don't need, that may
be causing the problems. Try to find the script that is causing the error then report it to Mr. Mo,
so he knows what to do, just don't expect him to know. Try doing these two before reporting it,
he has enough on his mind.

Eldnar

Anyone now what do the Animation Divide on Script?
;P

and how i make a animation combo is like this:
character_melee ---> first hit
character_melee_2 ---> second hit
?

WiZ`

emm... sorry for the stupid question... but... what's a Squad based ABS? O.o i really don't know ^^
could someone explain it to me pls? ^^
thanks...

P.S.
How much more time will take the setup of the animation engine? sorry if i ask it to you all the time... but... it will be really great to put 3 different animation for each attack in succession: Hit1, Hit2, Hit3... *o*

j250

Dragoon Vince":2lygaedg said:
Hey, Mr. Mo, I dunno if you've seen my request for a steal script, but i thought I would make a suggestion about it here.
I nice add-on for your ABS would be a steal system ^_^ It could work how ever you wanted, but my request called for something along these lines:
You press [button] next to an enemy (or npc) and 2 bars show up. The first bar is the enemy's awareness. if the bar raises to the top, they attack you (or you simply fail). if its an NPC, they also might call a guard or something else you'll have to fight other than the citizen. The second bar is your success. When it reaches the top (before the first bar) you successfully steal (duh). when you let go of the button, the first bar begins to drop (unless you move [example] 5 squares away) instead of just canceling out.

Depending on the monster in the database is how you vary how fast the first bar raises, and same goes for your own thieving skill level.
I dunno if you would make THIS steal system for your ABS ... but any steal would be great ^_^

Well, I can't say much, but just so you arn't waiting for an answer ill give you some info myself, ,rather then Mr.Mo telling you as he hasn't been online for a few days, so I might as wel. He has another script that does this, I think its still in the works, and I cannot say if this feature itself will be added to the ABS, but when the script is released you will definately be wanting it in your game as it includes lots of other awesome features, so hold on to your hats for the time being, the machine that seems to be Mr.Mo is still churning out code :P

WiZ`":2lygaedg said:
emm... sorry for the stupid question... but... what's a Squad based ABS? O.o i really don't know ^^
could someone explain it to me pls? ^^
thanks...
To find out what an SBABS is download one :P then compare the two is all I can suggest. It'll give you a first hand experience rather than me telling you what an SBABS is ^^

J250

I was sick, now im back. I will fix all the problems mentioned since my last post.

For people having problem with respawn, I'm not having any problems, are you sure you have set them up right?

@punching bag enemy setup, You put Trigger last ;). The order matters.

::Updated::

Let me now if any of the problems are still there.

As for feature requests, i might or might not start them. I'm still working on finishing a couple of other scripts including the SBABS.

Untra

Sponsor

Ive always been weary to using your ABS scripts, as I can achieve a similar affect through means of event scripting. However I'm giving this a try and I'm really liking the outcome! Great work!

Are you open to advice? I have some great ideas for your next ABS script.

Great work! Now there´s no errors involving States and Respawn works perfectly!

However, when I set up a melee weapon (Melee_Custom[77] = [5, 2]) the Kick Back effect doesn´t work. The Mash Time works great, but not the Kick Back.

EDIT: Hm, it seems that Kick Back only works on enemies with Triggers. If the enemy have "Trigger 0" in the Set Up, the Kick Back fails on that enemy.

Something is weird with the Triggers in the Enemy Setup. For example: I have an enemy with the Trigger Set Up "Trigger 3 1". On the second Event Page I´ve checked "Self Switch A = ON". On the second Event Page the enemy graphic turns into a letter, witch can be picked up.

The problem is that when the enemy dies it just dissappeares, no letter, no nothing. I have to transfer to a new map and then transfer back to the map where I killed the enemy. Then letter is there. Some refresh problem pherhaps?

Also, the "move-and-turn lag" is still there...! When running this is extremely annoying.

Keep it up!

Zetaraptor03":3cb4i65t said:
I hope you are feeling better Mr. Mo.    Welcome back.

Good luck with the scripts.
Still sick XD, but its the weekend and imma chill home.

elderm":3cb4i65t said:
Mr.Mo":3cb4i65t said:
@punching bag enemy setup, You put Trigger last ;). The order matters.
Well I put Trigger last- still nothing. Cant attack.

What other scripts do you have?

Untravaersil":3cb4i65t said:
Ive always been weary to using your ABS scripts, as I can achieve a similar affect through means of event scripting. However I'm giving this a try and I'm really liking the outcome! Great work!

Are you open to advice? I have some great ideas for your next ABS script.

Sure.

Jensen":3cb4i65t said:
Great work! Now there´s no errors involving States and Respawn works perfectly!

However, when I set up a melee weapon (Melee_Custom[77] = [5, 2]) the Kick Back effect doesn´t work. The Mash Time works great, but not the Kick Back.

EDIT: Hm, it seems that Kick Back only works on enemies with Triggers. If the enemy have "Trigger 0" in the Set Up, the Kick Back fails on that enemy.

Something is weird with the Triggers in the Enemy Setup. For example: I have an enemy with the Trigger Set Up "Trigger 3 1". On the second Event Page I´ve checked "Self Switch A = ON". On the second Event Page the enemy graphic turns into a letter, witch can be picked up.

The problem is that when the enemy dies it just dissappeares, no letter, no nothing. I have to transfer to a new map and then transfer back to the map where I killed the enemy. Then letter is there. Some refresh problem pherhaps?

Also, the "move-and-turn lag" is still there...! When running this is extremely annoying.

Keep it up!

Is it only when running? Cause I don't get the error when walking :-p. I have tested these before and they worked fine..hmm... I'll look into all you have mentioned.

Edot: I fixed the trigger problem and the kickback works. Also tested running and that works fine too. Are you getting this bug in the demo?

I´m gonna test it now. Will edit later.

------------------------------------

EDIT: Hm, did you update the demo in the first post?

Anyway, I downloaded it again and copied them from the demo and pasted them in my game. It´s stille the same. Kick Back doesn´t work and the running lag is still there. It´s there when you´re walking to, but it´s not as disturbing.

BUT. Everything seems to work fine in the demo. I edited the scipt in the demo and tested the Kick Back: Works. I tried running: Smooth. So I was thinking about script conflicting issues in my game. Could that be it?

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6650/scriptsfo8.png[/img]

I love this script and I really want it to work!

P.S I couldn´t get the Self Switches to work properly in the demo.

Thank´s for your time!

I didn't update the demo with the fixes by the way! Just let me know if the "turning lag" is present in the latest demo.

::News::
The SBABS is almost done! The enemies now recognize the squad members and attack. Now, all I have to do is add the AI for the squad members.

Edit:
@Jensen, I think I know why you are having the turning bug in your game. Wait until next version please.

Okay, I updated my above post!

Mmm... I´d love to get my hands on that SBABS....

EDIT: Ok. I will wait. And sorry for this unnecessary post.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.