Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Zelos

Link in Pink":loz1xh2m said:
Zelos":loz1xh2m said:
Mr.Mo":loz1xh2m said:
For some reason it seems to "lag" a bit when trying to turn. Is this meant to be like that?
When turning? Doesn't happen to me. Turning is processed faster then moving so I don't see how it would lag when turning.

Well, it's no real lag.
It's just when I hold down the Up-Button, then release it and press Right or Left. The hero stands there doing nothing for a very short time. This doesn't happen when I hold down Up and Right and then release the Up button. The hero just turns smoothly then...
I didn't experience this with your ABS Lite you posted here earlier and any other script/game...
I already asked a friend, he told me the same thing.

Ah, yes. That happens to me as well.

I already thought this was working as intended, but then again I don't see much sense in it.
Would be nice to know how to remove that feature or bug. :)

Zelos

So, the input module causes this wait time...
Doesn't change anything when I delete your scripts from the editor.
But is there any way to change this? I'm very unfamiliar with scripting, you know... :)

Looks like my question went unanswered ... again... :P

Wow... this is awesome.

It's so good, and it doesn't have thousands of scripts to handle. AND it's easy to use. I just got one suggestion, though:

Say, we press the "S" button, and we aren't in front of an enemy, nothing happens. Can you make it more like the RTH ABS, where the animation shows up right in front of you, where ever you are? Otherwise, when you press the attack button randomly, when you are not in front of an enemy, it doesn't seem like you're attacking.

Thanks. :)

WiZ`

for your problem, you can simpley put a common event in parallel process, whit a conditional branch that, when you press S an animation will be played over the character, whit the attack graphic, or, you'll change the graphic of the character whit another charset, whit the animation of the sword, and then put the stop animation, after some times then you'll stop it ^^
but... it will be really better if we can make it whit the script, also becose, whit the event is impossible to make the combo... i've tryed it a lot whitout results T.T

Zelos":3i5i2qmk said:
So, the input module causes this wait time...
Doesn't change anything when I delete your scripts from the editor.
But is there any way to change this? I'm very unfamiliar with scripting, you know... :)
Yeah, that lag is a pain. Is it too late to use a different input module Mr. Mo? Most likely, but I hope not.

WiZ`":2pyqqz41 said:
for your problem, you can simpley put a common event in parallel process, whit a conditional branch that, when you press S an animation will be played over the character, whit the attack graphic, or, you'll change the graphic of the character whit another charset, whit the animation of the sword, and then put the stop animation, after some times then you'll stop it ^^
but... it will be really better if we can make it whit the script, also becose, whit the event is impossible to make the combo... i've tryed it a lot whitout results T.T

I've tried a lot of ways, without editing the character set. Since I'm an eventing god, it wasn't much a problem, but with the current method I'm using, it causes conflict with the enemies.

My Method:

Make an empty event on the map. Then, make a common event, which checks the hero's X and Y co-ordinate and adds them to a variable. After this, make a conditional branch.

If the hero is facing up, it subtracts 1 from the Y co-ordinate.
If the hero is facing down, it adds 1 to the Y Co-ordinate.
If the hero is facing left, it subtracts 1 from the X-Co-ordinate.
If the hero is facing right, it adds 1 to the X Co-ordinate.

After this, it changes the event's location to the X and Y co-ordinate, and shows the animation on that event.

Now here's the problem:

If there's an enemy in front of you, and press the button, the attack/animation goes onto that blank event, instead of the enemy, and no damage is done.

That's the reason I need it to be done via a script.

WiZ`

i don't understand the use of change the event location at that coordinate, they're for the animation? you'll play the animation on an empty event? in this case is obvius that it crash, becose whit the attack you hit the empty event you've creat, and not the enemy... you can change the attack graphic, you'll make 4 different animation shifted each ones a tile in the direction the player is, whit a conditional branch that see the direction the player have, and then the animation, whitout that empty event... isn't better like this?

WiZ`":38iuiiak said:
i don't understand the use of change the event location at that coordinate, they're for the animation? you'll play the animation on an empty event? in this case is obvius that it crash, becose whit the attack you hit the empty event you've creat, and not the enemy... you can change the attack graphic, you'll make 4 different animation shifted each ones a tile in the direction the player is, whit a conditional branch that see the direction the player have, and then the animation, whitout that empty event... isn't better like this?

That could have worked, but that will mean editing the character set. And here's the problem with that:

The sword animation uses 8 frames of animation, and a character set uses only 4. This means that I'll either have to reduce the quality of the animation in the character set, or, I'll have to use the 8 frame pixel movement script. And to be perfectly honest, I don't prefer any of these.

Now you see why I need the script to do that for me?

elderm

Hey guys,
I tought I'll try it out too, but I got this error just after going to game:

Code:
Script 'Module UCoders' line 824: NoMethodError occurred. 

undefined method '/' for [6,102,39]:Array

// NEVERMIND, I just had some other script, that didnt fit with neoABS.

elderm

Question about player animations: Why does the script want to have like 3 different animations (name_melee, name_melee1, name_melee2)? (NEVERMIND about these animations)
Why isnt there any mini map script inclueded :-[
And could you guys make a Help file?
Sorry about my bad english and thx.

Hi, Mr Mo!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off; I really like this script. It´s easy to set up, fun to use and it makes any game look better! I´ve tested this script and plan to implement it in my game. Here are some thoughts:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Error

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9820/errorqc3.png[/img]

This happened when I, first, used a skill that put the hero in a State, and then, while in that state, used a ranged skill (I shot a fireball). The same thing happens if I, while in a state, tries to inflict another state. The line in the script is:

$game_party.actors[0].states.each { |id| return if STUN_EFFECT.include?(i) || PARALAYZE_EFFECT.include?(i) || MUTE_EFFECT.include?(i) }

2. Respawn

The respawn effect doesn´t seem to work, at all. I have the newest version of the script.

3. "Lag"

When I´m walking around on a map and change direction, the character seems to sort of lag for a second, before it continues in the new direction.

EDIT:

4. Freezing

I don´t know what´s causing this, maybe it´s the same thing that causes the "movement lag"? I have a Door Event that calls a Common Event via the Action Button. Like so:

This is the Common Event, called in the Door Event -->http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5093/commoneventgz3.png[/img]

The idea is that the player opens the door, takes a step forward (Through ON), then kind of fades out and transfers into the room. The door opens fine, but the step forward, into the door, never happens. This worked fine before I added your scripts.

EDIT:

Nevermind. I solved this one. I had to make the door event and the player "Through". Same thing with other events. I have to make a "double-through" for it to work. I don´t know if it is any of your script causing this, it´s probably my fault. Strange, though...

EDIT:

5. Enemy Behavior

I´ve used your earlier ABS plenty before, so I think I´m pretty familiar with it and I know how to set up enemies. With that said, I think it´s something wrong with the enemy set up in this new ABS. The behaviors "do not turn" and "do not move" doesn´t seem to work at all, the "aggressiveness" choice isn´t included anymore (if that´s cancelled out in this version deliberately I think it would be a good idea to implement it again) and, finally, I´m having trouble getting the "speed" and "frequency" to work.

EDIT:

6. REQUEST

I don´t want to be a pain in the ass, but on thing I really liked about your earlier ABS was the on screen State Display. Is there any possibility you would edit the HUD, so one can see the inflicted States as icons on the screen while you´re moving around on the map?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don´t want to come off as an ungrateful son of a bitch. This script is one off the best scripts around and I really appreciate your work! Keep it up, Mo!

Hey, I've got a question. In the features list, you say you can use hotkeys and spells? How do you do this. The demo doesn't tell you :)

asmodeus":1dj7xioj said:
Hey, I've got a question. In the features list, you say you can use hotkeys and spells? How do you do this. The demo doesn't tell you :)

Currently, the hotkeys for Skills and Items are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. on the number pad. If you want to change this, go to the script "NeoABS Settings". Over here, you'll see a code like this:
Code:
  Skill_Keys = {Input::Numberkeys[0] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[1] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[2] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[3] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[4] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[5] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[6] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[7] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[8] => 0,
                Input::Numberkeys[9] => 0,
                Input::Letters["B"] => 0,
               }

Simply change the Input::NumberKeys[Number] to Input::Letters["A-Z"] (you choose any letter between A and Z)

elderm

asmodeus":1o29ovkg said:
And if you want to put hotkey for example for spel Heal, then go to your menu-> skill -> Character -> choose spell and then click key what you want for the hotkey.

WiZ`

Mr.Mo? XD how is it going for the Combo? XD i need it T.T you're the best of best whit the A.I. i haven't seen other script around whit an improved A.I. like your ABS... but i need combo... damn it X|
hurry up pls XD we're all whit you XD

I also experience the problem with the "turning lag". It's pretty annoying, but other than that there is no lag at all. I hope this isn't in the NeoSBABS, because I was planning on using that to replace your old SBABS I'm currently using.

Other than that, excellent script. It's one of the best action battle systems I've seen for RMXP.

elderm

Could everyone please say other scripts (for example minimap, messige system...) that work fine with NeoABS?
Thank you!

I tend to edit slightly to get compatibility up..but all of my scripts work with this ABS...haven't test others yet...

I believe the 1-scene full CMS works with the usually "dual gradient bars" issue.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.