Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

::News::

I need feedback on an idea I just had for the SBABS. I'm thinking on making the AI depending on the squad's class/job. For example, a magician will most likely use magic from a distance then a Fighter would.

I'm also thinking of ability to set AI in game(Menu) by choosing "Active", "Defensive", "Disabled". "Active" would behave normally. "Defensive" would try the healing/defensive skills before attacking. "Disabled" would only retaliate.

Good?

That would be great! Then we could make healers that heal instead of get into the fight. It would give the AI more personality. I like that idea.

Sounds interesting!

I would like it if was possible to set up the actor id in the script. Kinda like you do with the enemies. So every actor has it´s own set up (see/hear range and behavior (and "active", "defensive", "disabled" as you said)). Then you could match that behavior with the characters personality in the game, rather than the player decides it him/her self via the menu! Just a thought... Hope you understand what I mean, Mo!

You can already do that with a script call. :-p

Ok, so far, I've made 3 classes. Close Quarter Combat(CQB), Ranged(RNG), and Mage. I've made it so CQB uses more melee then skill or range and changed values respectively for the rest.

I've also made RNG and Mage stay at a distance BUT I'm having problems aligning the squad members with the enemy. With one squad member it works fine, but with 2 or more, they "fight"(push each other) for the position. Thats bad :-p.

o
  |
  |
  |
>^<

The both try to get to ^, so they can align and shoot at the enemy.

I think I'm going to have to make it so that the magician doesn't stay at a distance to attack, unlike a ranged weapon user. The problem with that is, if a user decided they want 2 ranged members...then it will have the same conflict...

Any ideas?

Nobody's ignoring my request! Not this time!! :P

Wow... this is awesome.

It's so good, and it doesn't have thousands of scripts to handle. AND it's easy to use. I just got one suggestion, though:

Say, we press the "S" button, and we aren't in front of an enemy, nothing happens. Can you make it more like the RTH ABS, where the animation shows up right in front of you, where ever you are? Otherwise, when you press the attack button randomly, when you are not in front of an enemy, it doesn't seem like you're attacking.

Thanks.  :)

Did I ignore your request? OR Did I say:

Mr.Mo":28utcl5v said:
As for feature requests, i might or might not start them. I'm still working on finishing a couple of other scripts including the SBABS.

do you have any Idea when this system will be complete?

I've been going through Abs's all day and I think I wanna use this one, but when characters attack, the sprite doesn't do anything and you just get a battle animation. This will be fixed right? And will there be different HUDs
(oh and in the demo I kept screwing up and got game over from that sea serpent. cool demo!)

I have a bug report:

If you have a low button mash number, it is possible to kill an enemy multiple times. Each time the enemy dies the player gets EXP and possibly gold along with an item (If it is defined)

Other then that it works quite well. Completely lag free for me. (63 events killing each other was moving at 19 FPS, but that is to be expected)

Well, does all of the ranged members have to stay at exactly the same distance? Couldn´t you make it so they stay at different distances? Then they wouldn´t fight each other over the same position.

do you have any Idea when this system will be complete?

I've been going through Abs's all day and I think I wanna use this one, but when characters attack, the sprite doesn't do anything and you just get a battle animation. This will be fixed right? And will there be different HUDs

Yes, the animation will be fixed. I will be making an animation engine to use. Also, I might improve the HUD as time goes on. Maybe someone can draw a simple HUD with graphics but last time I asked for that people came with crazy designs....

Synthesize":3bk6lbel said:
I have a bug report:

If you have an enemy with max HP (99,999), you can defeat this in about 4~5 blows with each blow doing 2000 damage. So if you do the math, the player only does 8000~10000 damage, whereas the enemy should have 89,999~91999 HP left. I am not sure if the other stats are affected as well as I have not tested them.

If you have a low button mash number, it is possible to kill an enemy multiple times. Each time the enemy dies the player gets EXP and possibly gold along with an item (If it is defined)

Other then that it works quite well. Completely lag free for me. (63 events killing each other was moving at 19 FPS, but that is to be expected)

Are you saying that if the enemy is dead, you can still attack it if you do it fast enough? hmmmmm I better look in to that.

@DragonMancorada,

I honestly don't know what to tell you. It could be fixed in the next version because I fixed some unseen coding errors.

Jensen":3bk6lbel said:
Well, does all of the ranged members have to stay at exactly the same distance? Couldn´t you make it so they stay at different distances? Then they wouldn´t fight each other over the same position.

I've already done that but then they would hit each other unless I make it so they can't hit each other and that the attack just goes through them. I'll have to look into it later.

sbach":3bk6lbel said:
Request :

It is possible to have NeoABS with the Mr.Mo's HUD 1.8 in the Abs 4.5 demo ?
Because the Hud 1.8 is pretty cool.

Error :

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/948/sanstitrekl7.png[/img]

No, the HUD won't be compatible and I'll look into the error now. Edit: Did you load the game without saving it with the ABS first?

Are you saying that if the enemy is dead, you can still attack it if you do it fast enough? hmmmmm I better look in to that.

Yup. It doesn't seem to happen very often, so it is not that big of deal, but more info if you want it:
It happens when there are Events VS Events on the screen, the lower the FPS drops, the more frequent it is.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3187/58014374jd3.th.png[/img]
One Slime
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9631/75737896xl6.th.png[/img]
2 items + Another hit on the dead slime.
It is not a big deal really, I don't think people will have 60 events vs 60 events on one map. I just thought I would throw it out there xD

Hello, again, Mr.Mo...

I´ve been thinking about something, and maybe it´s to late for this, but I have a request for the NeoABS (and perhaps the SBABS). One thing I miss in the script is ranged items. It would be wonderful to be able to create throwing weapons (knives, axes), bombs, throwable potions and stuff like that!

I know this script is pretty much completed, so just say the word and I will quit bugging you with these sort of ideas!

Take care.

Mr. Mo, I think it would be cool if you made your party members' ranged attacks pass through your allies. One thing that annoyed me a little about your old SBABS was that attacks made by the enemies would pass through each other but yours couldn't.

It's just a suggestion, though. I'll use it either way.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.