Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Jonny

I was trying to make a map with enemies that fought each other but sometimes I get an error and sometimes I don't.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/ ... /error.jpg[/img]

line 526:    enemy_id = (e_id > 0 ? $NeoABS.enemies[e_id].enemy_id : 0)

And another error:

I have a machine gun weapon that has a mash time of zero and when I switch to a different weapon or defend it still shows the machine gun character animation.

Any way to fix these?

Can't remember if this was stated, but...

I'm on level 0 of my game. The event code "Change Variable" isn't working inside a conditional branch, but outside it works fine. Also, I can't seem to make a destructible barrel (where the barrel is a do-nothing enemy) that activates a variable change...

What's wrong with variables!?

EDIT: I couldn't destroy the barrel because it was part of the tileset--I put the barrel in a character set and managed to destroy it, with a weird phenomenon: when it "died", it faded out as a red square (as opposed to a red barrel).

EDIT2: WHOOPS! There's actually no problems! When I was making my map, I forgot to delete a certain item on layer 2/3 of the map. Variables work perfectly fine! My mistake. :blush:

Bomberman's in the (my) game. Explosive weapons--are they possible?
Like, could the scriptwork for explosive skills be weapon-compatible?

Uses: Bomberman's bombs, rocket/grenade launchers, plasma blasters, etc.

EDIT: I decided against using ABS for my game, but the problems/solutions/ideas I presented are still legitimate.

First of all: Hello everyone, I'm new here. :smile:

When testing this script I found this problem: Whenever any variable or switch is changed during the battle, all enemies reset to their full HP. It also happens when variables and switches are changed by the enemies' trigger. I tested it in the demo (by turning on the enemies' HP display in the script) and the same thing happens there.

Has anybody else encountered this error or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way it can be fixed?

EDIT: It seems to happen when $game_map.need_refresh = true flag is set.

Wow, really that what I wanted!
I'll use it.

But:
"Range_Skills[1] = [15, 5, "Magic Balls", 10, 2]"
I typed in for a ranged_skill.
(and I set the button to call it); but when I press the button, only the User Animation (settable in the Database) appears, but not the spell/the Magic Circels/whatever...

And... every time it hit, it's a crit. How to avoid that? :)

Wow, Thank you so much man, but how can I've got a problem: I have an EMS script (Event ur title screen)
And cuz of that, I cant use ur ABS.
What should I do?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.