Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Hello, Axerax, and welcome back!

What I really liked about the old HUD was that it was so customizable!

Is it hard to make the States show in the NeoABS HUD? If it´s just a
minor edit maybe you could give me some pointers (though I can´t script
at all)?

To be honest, I would have to take a look at his script my self. It has been a few months since i've done even minor scripting. Making the states drop down is a matter of reversing how they spread out. At the moment it is a constant x and y*2, you need to make it a constant y and x*2... X = up and down, Y = Left and right. So lets see you have a x = 300, it will be 300 pixels down from 0x, while you have a 30*2, which means a new state starts ever 30 pixels over and has a 30 pixel space till the next state can begin.thus making the actual state sit between the 60 pixel mark.

Little hard to understand, but I would have to read over this script and find out. I did more graphical layouts as opposed to the real heavy scripting. I just know that he had to change the way he called certain things so thats where I may get confused. I will say my HUD using the older ABS used states and i will continue to use it, though very little did i see the need for them as I only used images to signify the state as opposed to an actual word saying what it does. You can't scroll over it and find out what it is doing to you, so they seem rather... useless I guess. But let me get to you when and if he accepts my offer.

Well, I think showing things such as poisons and buffs on-screen is great. Especially if it is a State that only is in work for a short while. If the State have a describable name (Icon + State Name is what I´d like in the HUD) maybe you sort of can figure out what the State is doing to you.

I don´t like it when I have to go to the menu just to see what the hell is going on, and if you´re inflicted with several States at the same time, you still only can see one of them...

Anyways, I hope you and Mo work something out! You guys did a good job the last time. I´ll try and be patient...

Yep, its great, but you gotta write pretty much a manual of what states there are. I actually refer to states as something different that i've learned in playing MMO's.

Beneficial states that are for a timed duration are called Buffs.
Debilitating states that are for timed durations are called Debuffs.
Beneficial states that are constant effects are called Passives.
Debilitating states that are constant effects are called Debuffs/Negative Passives/N-Passives. These rarely exist due to the fact of the next chain.
Beneficial states that are constant effects when around a player/object or inside a specific area are called Auras.
Debilitating states that are constant effects when around an enemy/object or inside a specific area are called Negative Auras/N-Auras/DeAuras/Unholy Auras

My game uses most of these effects listed except for the N-Passives, because they are essentially useless unless you take control of an enemy and obtain it, undispellable things such as an illness, disease, or curse could count for these, but even most of those are timed in games now a days.

I'll see what we can do, but I can't promise you anything.
~Axerax

for the HUD make sure in the script you should have the hud to
Code:
  def hud_show
    $NeoABS.hud_showing = UCoders::Object["NeoABS_HUD"].visible = true

to call the script use this
Code:
 wait:2 frame(s)
$scene.hud_show

Jensen":35g0taeg said:
Hello, Axerax, and welcome back!

What I really liked about the old HUD was that it was so customizable!

Is it hard to make the States show in the NeoABS HUD? If it´s just a
minor edit maybe you could give me some pointers (though I can´t script
at all)?

well you could easily customize this HUD too but you would need to know some how to read some script.

Souloux":30bb7f4g said:
for the HUD make sure in the script you should have the hud to
Code:
  def hud_show
    $NeoABS.hud_showing = UCoders::Object["NeoABS_HUD"].visible = true

to call the script use this
Code:
 wait:2 frame(s)
$scene.hud_show
Thanks! It worked, but I had to remove the "wait: 2 frame(s)" section as it brought out a syntax error! :)

I still need help with enemy/character health bars appearing below/above their heads.

Ikten

Hi Mr.Mo!!!
is posible allow to incorpore Face to the ABS below the HP and SP bars, and when using some skill change the face?

Ikten

No!!!!!!!
when i star the game and is a monster in the map an error apperas, i have the game in spanish and it says:
"Error ocurrido durante la ejecución de script SyntaxError"

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.