Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

sorry, I'm a bit noobish to this... How would I do that?
I tried putting in the value for 1 in the trigger... no go, then I tried putting in 'A' for it, but still not working...

Nothing comes to mind except for Element Efficiency. You can make a new element called Non-Ranged Weapon and then give it to all non-ranged weapons and on the enemy data base make then Non-Ranged weapon element efficiency "F"

Lorravan":3b12fajz said:
I tried putting in the value for 1 in the trigger... no go, then I tried putting in 'A' for it, but still not working...

Mr.Mo":2ziid47i said:
Nothing comes to mind except for Element Efficiency. You can make a new element called Non-Ranged Weapon and then give it to all non-ranged weapons and on the enemy data base make then Non-Ranged weapon element efficiency "F"
Thanks, it worked like a charm

Lorravan":curdbfmh said:
Lorravan":curdbfmh said:

It is explained in the script how to set up triggers. It seems like I can never script something noob-proof XD.
# Comment: Trigger V          - V = Trigger Number
#                              - Trigger 0    - Will erase the event.
#                              - Trigger 1 2  - Will turn on a switch with the ID of 2.
#                              - Trigger 2 5 9 - Will change the Varaible's value with the ID of 5 to 9. If 9 is
#                                                set to 0, the the Variable 5 will be added 1.
#                              - Trigger 3 1  - Will change the local switch of the enemy to 1("A").
#                                                1 = A
#                                                2 = B
#                                                3 = C
#                                                4 = D

So in your case it would be

Trigger 3 1

The thing about the message system is you need to put it in a specific place, me for instance I put the MS right under Ucoders Module, then the abs, then the icon display and it works, I tried lots of combinations and this is the only one that works (or at least that I know of)

Sorry to inconvenience you with this error post Mr.Mo,

But everytime an enemy kills me I get this error~

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... terror.jpg[/img]

I dont know if this is a really noobish thing that if I had half a brain I could fix, but I just cant seem to understand what I need to do... :down:

EDIT: its working fine now...i think it was some kind of switch or eventing error...

Maybe :-/ Maybe not. It depends on how I'm feeling. Seeing a I didn't make it to the Feb 8 Deadline for the contest, I'll prolly take it easy on my game and work on this.

Mr.Mo":19qsca5m said:
Maybe :-/ Maybe not. It depends on how I'm feeling. Seeing a I didn't make it to the Feb 8 Deadline for the contest, I'll prolly take it easy on my game and work on this.

fine ^^

last thing needed is the animation rite?

Sorry to suggest an addition that would burden you with more work, but it would be nice to have ranged explosive weapons, like a rocket launcher. I know we can have ranged explosive skills, but ranged explosive weapons would be nice, too. Rocket launchers just don't feel right if they don't make a huge-ass explosion when they hit.

Hey Mr.Mo, can you tell me how to change how the character looks in game? Cuz' all I have is that slime thingy PLEASE HELP! :dead:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.