Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Nanoxax67":1o28kcfz said:
Hey, I am back, can you please tell me something. I have a BOSS and I don't want the player to progress, until he is dead. I am frustrated please help me out! :(

Variables, events, and swtiches.... they's your friends.

sorry to burden you with more work mr.mo, but I get a really ugly error when I try and load the game:
????? 'o Class Additions'? 1234 ???? NoMethodError ???????? undefined method 'animation_divide' for #<AMS:0xe30e9c8>

EDIT:
It seems to involve Dubealex's Advance Message Script....

Razaroic":2erdd5uu said:
What would you call posting 5 times in a row? lol
quintuple post?

Mr. Mo, is there a way to defeat an enemy and then NOT have them disappear, like maybe a conditional branch after a certain ammount of HP is lost and then something else happens or something?...

Lorravan":b4fk5ez5 said:
Nanoxax67":b4fk5ez5 said:
Hey, I am back, can you please tell me something. I have a BOSS and I don't want the player to progress, until he is dead. I am frustrated please help me out! :(

Variables, events, and swtiches.... they's your friends.

Well I will do that, but I need someone to give me a way to make it so when he DIES it turns the EXIT switch on. Example:

EventDead
[When]
  Activate switch001

Something along the lines of that! PLEASE HELP!

I have a question about the enemies/player process. In my game I set up a little fight and I noticed when I would battle the damage of my player's hits on the enemy would vary by large amounts. The first test I perform I would defeat the enemy in one hit. My second test perform would take my player nine hits to defeat the enemy. Would there be anyway to fix this large variation? Also I noticed that only my enemy's damage # would show up when they hit the player and my player's hit wouldn't show any damage #. Would there be a way to fix that too?

Joy

Tried out this new ABS, very nice, very fluid, not having any lag issues or other bugs thus far.

You may remember me asking this same question in the prior version of the ABS. I'm going to be limiting available hotkeys to a set number and I would like some pointers on how to set it up so the display coordinates for each individual key is always set to the same place.

Example:
if skills are set to keys 1, 3, 6 and 7, it would show as
|o|  |o|  |  |o|o|
instead of
|o|o|o|o|  |  |  |

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/joymason/rpgmaker/HUD4.png[/img]
I plan on splitting that top bar into slots with numbers that are easier to read and removing all text from the script (just cause it looks like butt in this particular instance, my fault, not the script's)

I'd really appreciate the help, and I am willing to bribe you for it, need any art?  :grin:

Hey hey. Would it be possible to have a patch whereby you can select a character from your party on the status screen and switch to them? *almost* like switching to a pokemon or something. If this was possible, i would imagine it would also be possible to make the new monster-ish player move one tile forward, and fill the empty square with an event that looks like the original player? If that makes sense. :P So it would like they were 'sending out' a monster?
If anyone could do that twould be brilliant.

EDIT: In fact, tho this is alot to ask, could it only be if you select a character other than the active one. i.e, the active one's status is actually shown.
Definate ded in the credits, and probs a NPC or 7,000,000 featured in the game! ;P

Thank you!!
-reason2breathe

This is one of the good ABSes from Mr.Mo again! As always, amazing. What I would like to implement in this script is more features like XAS' ABS, but even without those features, this is still very good. Oh, and, do you still need help with the attacking sprites? I will help in anyway I can.

I have the question First is Umodule r required for runing this script if required then how do i remove Umodule from this battle system? and the last did this bs compatible with isometric 3d by gubid

Jensen":3nr3ftt3 said:
Mo, I´ve got a request regarding the HUD! Maybe you want to take a look at it?

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=39791.0

Hello there,
I used to help Mr.Mo work on this ABS for quite some time back in the day, few months ago though i took a long needed break from RMXP and the RMXP community for my own personal reasons.

I am working again on my game and i've had help from Mr.Mo back in the day with my own HUDS I've made quite a few graphical layouts for some, but you will need him or someone else who knows his ABS well.

I also want to tell you Mr.Mo if you agree to help me with Kailis, I will in turn help you with your animation engine. I will talk with my spriters and get them to make Luna's battle animations and such. In return you will help code my current HUD with this ABS like usual. I'm on MSN still so just give me a shout and I will be there ready to go. As well I still have all my older animations as well.

Send me a PM if interested.
~Axerax

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.