Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Okay, I've coded in a Kunai for a ranged weapon.  But whenever I go into gameplay, it says I have zero of them, even though I set ammo to 15.

did you give the actual ammo item to the player?

BTW, I know this is like my 5th post mr.mo, but there isn't any status display? what's up with that?

Zwark0":1osqa9bq said:
did you give the actual ammo item to the player?

BTW, I know this is like my 5th post mr.mo, but there isn't any status display? what's up with that?

does it really need it? i noticed in the demo, when the player is poisoned an icon of purple bubbles appear over the player's head.

oh, if that's the case, It's all good.
EDIT-----
That's just the battle animations....
It's not that I necessarily want status display, I was just asking if it was going to be implemented.

I believe that the HUD is still a work in progress for Mr. Mo.
That would be cool, though, if you could have status icons appear and stay over the characters when they have a status change other than normal. That would keep the HUD simple.

Zetaraptor03":3l8hu77f said:
That would be cool, though, if you could have status icons appear and stay over the characters when they have a status change other than normal. That would keep the HUD simple.

Something kinda like in FFXI that stays at the top of the screen or something?

This for instance:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5972/ffxidt3.jpg[/img]

Must have forgot about the status icon XD. We'll I might re-do the HUD anyways. As I told you guys, I'm working on some other scripts right now. I will fix these bugs most likely sooner then this weekend or this weekend cause I'm actually done with 90% of the TBS and I need to add some other stuff for it which might take this whole week. Sorry guys.

AND I'm also working on a game.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I get an error when I press Start Game on my game with this script:

Enemy Process Line 448:
Code:
    if @hate_group.include?(0)

hi122neo":1yya3gnl said:
hi122neo":1yya3gnl said:
Okay, I've coded in a Kunai for a ranged weapon.  But whenever I go into gameplay, it says I have zero of them, even though I set ammo to 15.

Seriously, help!

><

Do u have the item with the id 15...Someone already asked you this and u did not answer.

@jbrist,
possibly a faulty enemy setup.

Mr.Mo":3pyru5iy said:
hi122neo":3pyru5iy said:
hi122neo":3pyru5iy said:

Seriously, help!

><

Do u have the item with the id 15...Someone already asked you this and u did not answer.

@jbrist,
possibly a faulty enemy setup.

Oh, I get it now. . .  the ammo ID is an Items ID. . .  Im such a dumb ass. . .

Razaroic":3fibcvr3 said:
Zetaraptor03":3fibcvr3 said:

Something kinda like in FFXI that stays at the top of the screen or something?

This for instance:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5972/ffxidt3.jpg[/img]

That picture is a little unclear, but if those are status icons next to the character's names abover their heads then yes that is what I mean. I'd like to see the status icon stay just above the character's head and follow them around.

As your picture showed us, that can really clean up the HUD to make room for other things. I say we start naming some HUD ideas to Mr. Mo. I think he requested earlier that we submit him some HUD mock-ups.

When I was playing my game with the ABS I noticed that when you kill and enemy and come back to the map the enemy was on the enemy respawns even though there respawn is set to zero. How would I make it so that when you come back to the map the enemies don't respawn?

how do you set up the self switch?
I tried adding it at the end of the comments, but it didn't do anything. I transfered maps and when I came back, the enemy was still there...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.