Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Not exactly. Charlie Lee's script changes weapon IDs and makes new Enhanced Weapon objects that confuse the crap out of Mr. Mo's ABS. A patch is needed to make them compatible.

For starters, anywhere that Mr. Mo refered to something like @actor.weapon_id, it would have to be replaced by $data_weapons[@actor.weapon_id].ref_id.

I tried to make Charlie Lee's weapon enhancement script work with Mr. Mo's old SBABS, but I just couldn't fully figure it out.

Maybe if we ask Mr. Mo nicely, he will work with Charlie Lee to develope a patch...

Who is this Charlie Lee and what does he want!???

On a serious note, what does that script do? and post it here or something so I can see if it is a simple edit. If it is, I'll update it after I fix some errors in the script ;)

Edit:

Updated the Script

I'm I the only one seeing nothing but bars for the HUD??? Can't you use pictures to customize the HUD anymore? By the way, would it be very difficult to make this compatible with slipknot(of CA)'s simple Character Swap Script?

Hey, Mr. Mo, I know this is a very off request... but could you make (after you try to fix all those bugs, that sure gives a big pain to work out) a version compatible with the pixelmovement script? Or instead, could you explain to me how to change it? Because I know that one of the main problems exists with the tiles having to be converted to pixels, and the enemy and character movements allowing 8-dir movement in pixel fashion. Hope it's possible. Thanks  :blush:

Alright, Mr. Mo. This is a link to Charlie Lee's weapon enhancement script.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=33324.0

His script is designed to allow the player to attach upgrades to their weapons to boost its power and other attributes. The script is good and works on its own, but it is written in a very peculiar way.

I know you are busy, but if you are interested in the challenge of making the NeoABS compatible with Charlie Lee's weapon enhancement script we would be very grateful. :thumb:

EDIT: Wow, it seems like you have a lot of compatibility requests! Sorry to add to the pile. Good luck!

I've got a small, insignificant bug-after I press defend, It shows the defending sprite when the character is attacking. Any idea why?

Zetaraptor03":23pdz3as said:

His script is designed to allow the player to attach upgrades to their weapons to boost its power and other attributes. The script is good and works on its own, but it is written in a very peculiar way.

I know you are busy, but if you are interested in the challenge of making the NeoABS compatible with Charlie Lee's weapon enhancement script we would be very grateful. :thumb:

EDIT: Wow, it seems like you have a lot of compatibility requests! Sorry to add to the pile. Good luck!
that script is compatible with this ABS. I'm using it in my current WIP.

Pixel movement version might actually be easy and I'll think on it once I'm free.

@zwark0,
Never noticed. I'll see why later.

@TheAmateurAnimator,
Not hard at all. On the settings page. Its practically same as the old one :-/

@Vampiriclayer 
Did you get the Input script from the demo as well?

Souloux":14t5drah said:
Zetaraptor03":14t5drah said:

that script is compatible with this ABS. I'm using it in my current WIP.

Are you sure? Is it also compatible with the SBABS add-on?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.