Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

Wow, NeoABS has slipped back quite a few pages... I just hope someone can help me. I am using this system in my game Last Man's Stand. It is a shooting game and obviously, the only weapons are ranged ones. Now here's the problem. In the game I have an evented system which relises on the players X and Y point on the map. The only way I know of checking for the players location is by running a common event with 2 variables equaling the players X and Y position. Like so:
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/733/cevp1.png[/img]
On the starting map, I switch the switch 'Begin' on, and the common event runs. The event system works perfectly. But NeoABS doesn't. When I fire the gun I have equiped, the bullet fires at the enemy, hit's, plays the firing animation, and does nothing. No number of damage springs up, no 'miss' comes up, nothing. And that happens even if my weapon attack is on 999 and i have 99 bullets in the item menu. Yet the enemy can do damage to me, and the numbers of damage pop's up. So what's going on? Please can someone help.

Hello everyone!
I have done all the things just as you said and i'm getting this error
http://www.siz.co.il/up/ldnjmkwrdzim.bmp[/img]

and here is the part from the script
http://www.siz.co.il/up/ilifmtozttoz.bmp[/img]
OK I FIXED IT

but now I have another problem:
monster can attack me but I can't attack the monster and I can't run and dash to..
and I puted all the scripts in the right order and I can send you the game if you want to check the problem

can you please tell me what to do?
Thank you!

Urborg

it gives me this error "Critical Error 0000005 at address 069257B8"
it happens when i try to make  a test play

i thought maby it was because of some script i had, so i started a new project and put there the scripts file from data directory
it gives me the same error

i also copy pasted the grafic

if someone knows what is it about i would be very grateful if could explain me what to do

thanks

Ikten

Hi!!!

i have a question, is there posible to incorpore face to the map and whenever u use an skill or something change the face or something? and, why in mi game doesn´t appears the HP and SP bars? i put all the scripts in the right order.

Alright. Mr. Mo. I love your ABS'. All of them actually. In fact... I, ignorantly, just downloaded the demo for EvE, wrote an epic storyline, half the quests, the skills, mapped it, and everything in between before I realized that you had a new ABS out...

The most pathetic part is that when I first started using RMXP, I downloaded your Neo demo to try an abs. (But I was a noob so I dropped it and went with turn based for a while)

So anyway.  Just thought I'd let everyone know the intelligence limits I have before I ask this question.

- I'm trying to make a game based on stealth, with many different hide skills, steal skills, and sneak attacks.  I'm using this ABS due to it's immense awesomeness (obviously) and it's ability to have allies (Street peasants can help you fight off guards if you've got the reputation. ; D ) I know nothing about scripting... yet.  And I'm having a tough time figuring out how to get an enemy ignore the player when he's "hidden."  I'm using a switch for hide spots and such (right now I'm trying to use the old Splinter Cell "splits" between two walls trick.) And it works great except the enemy keeps attacking instead of walking underneath me like he should.  He's able to, because if I take 0 out of the hategroup he walks right past and continues his custom route.  At the moment I'm using two tabs on his event, and the second tab has a conditional switch "hiding".  This event, I've changed the comments so that he only attacks if he's attacked.  (And yes, the hide spot does flip the hiding switch, and flips it back when the hide time runs out).

Any better suggestions?  I'm thinking that the first comments aren't overwritten when the tab changes. Or maybe the script doesn't read the second tab?  Yikes.  I'd love to figure this out.

And if anyone else has any suggestions for stealing, sneak attacks (backstab, pounce, and a disguised attack that breaks the disguise) please pm me. This game has great potential. The ABS is the most difficult thing for the my non scripting brain.

Thank you.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wow, yes my game could not been greater!
This is just 100% like my dream ABS looks
Man, you are just fantastic, what a wonderful system!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

man, this is awesome. great script man.

one question: is it possible to have any enemy display a animation when it appears, and then again every time it respawns?

thanks in advance.

When it appears? When it respawns sure, but what do you mean by appears?

Here's some coding for when it respawns as that was simple, as for appearing I need a little more info for what you mean.

Code:
module UCoders
  #Enemy Respawn Animations
  Respawn_Animation = {}
  # Respawn Animation[ENEMY_ID] = ANIMATION_ID
  Respawn_Animation[1] = 2
  Respawn_Animation[2] = 3
  Respawn_Animation[78] = 81
  # Respawn Animation Default Animation ID
  Respawn_Animation.default = 1

class NeoABS
    alias respawn_animation_update_respawn update_respawn
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * Update Respawn(enemy)
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    def update_respawn(enemy)
      respawn_animation_update_respawn(enemy)
      enemy.event.animation_id = UCoders::Respawn_Animation[enemy.enemy_id] if enemy.respawn == 0
    end
  end
end

Just insert that coding into a new script below the Enemy Processing script, or anywhere below the other NeoABS scripts, is fine as well.

how do i open this demo as a project i want to chaeck it out. unless it's just me but it says failed to obtain actor data help me please someone

Just wana say how impressed i am with this ABS system, was hoping to use it in my next project but theres a few things im trying to do but with no scripting exp i cant seem to figure out...

Was hoping there was a way to remove the sneeking feature altogether, and would there be a way so after every kill you gain a little exp?

Ive only just started using this abs system and was wondering if there was a way so if you choose to let the creature respawn it wont respawn instantly.... i was hoping it could respawn after a certain amount of time and once the hero has left the screen, that way theres no shortage off mobs. Another thing which i was trying to figure out was with the respawn feature could you allow it so when it respawns 2 of the same creature respawns in its place e.g. kill the slime monster and 2 more spawn, kill one of those and another 2 spawn... it will be a pretty tough but rather interesting.
Dunno how active this thread is but any help would be great.

I've read the posts in this forum, and I may have an answer to a question that people have asked...

@Ikten, if the Hp/Sp bars don't show, you may not have the graphics. If you have the demo, check the file folder contents (through Documents, not through RPGMXP, it won't show up) in Graphics for a new folder called Gradients. Copy that folder into your own game's Graphics folder, and it should appear, because the script calls for all bars in the Gradients folder. HUD uses these too. Also, there are Icons to copy for allies' tactics (follow, stay, destroy).

EDIT: Wait, those icons are only for the SBABS Add-On. My mistake, that's the demo I got. However, I'm serious about the gradients.
Oh, and a question of my own: Can the kickback effect have a negative number, so the weapon attracts rather than repels? Sounds odd, but it's almost like a grapple effect...

EDIT2: One more question! I'm planning on having a fairly good diversity in my game, so I was wondering, can we set a decimal number for mash time? (e.g. one guy has 3.6 seconds, another guy has 0.7 seconds...)

Okay, I did just a bit of looking around, and I thought I'd see Mr. Mo's website, Unknown Coders. I'm a bit concerned... I mean, does that mean he won't be updating his script on RMXP? I would have liked to see some blanks filled in here...
(P.S. I hope this isn't what people call spam)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.