Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

no, just _axe

~R~":2us5dhrp said:
I will wait the SBABS, your abs are greats and easy to use, but i don't like the hud... i think is hard to own a group and just see one member's hp... So maybe i learn how to make a hud just to make a group mr mo sbabs hud for my game...

:-/ The SBABS HUD will be different XD.

Maybe a good idea:
Is possible make a agility based mash time and the weapons weights may influence the mash time?

Well, you can set a mash_time for each weapon..so weight is not an issue :-p but agility based would be because there would be no universal formula to lower any random agility to a low number like 20 or 30. You would have to setup the formula but I would rather keep it simple for now. Maybe later.

Why demos with histories looks better then just plain maps with random npcs?

XD

ok I see I'm the first one that tries it , or at least that complains but I tried to fit 3 of your scripts toghether (Message sys., Icon disp., neoABS) ans for some unknow reason I can't attack or defend, nor get attacked (yes I added the aleworks things).  I'dd really like if you could fix this or at least tell us how to.

P.S. Your ABS's are the best! hehe

@Slik13, I had that problem, too. You just need to put the NeoABS last, above Main.

@Mr.Mo, I've had the UCoders Module all along... I copied your Script Data file. I'm gonna have to read up on this.

WiZ`

ehi mr.mo.... there isn't the combo in this script yet? c'mon XD you're so great... there must be a way to put the combo into this script isn't it?

DragonMancorada":1aq7a2ib said:
@Slik13, I had that problem, too. You just need to put the NeoABS last, above Main.

@Mr.Mo, I've had the UCoders Module all along... I copied your Script Data file. I'm gonna have to read up on this.

But you got a "UCoders" doesn't exist error XD. Which was odd..because UCoders should exist regardless because it shells the ABS script.. well w/e, it works now right?

@wiz:
I'm not sure what combo system I should put in..I'm not even sure what combo system you are talking of :-p

Nothing's happened yet, so the monsters still won't respawn, and I can still kill invisible spots on the map with a skill. :P
I don't get any error for this, it's just a pretty major glitch.

WiZ`

the combo are the one like in Kingdom Hearts XD or in CrisisCore FF7 or... Musashi :) i'm talking about that combo ^^

DragonMancorada":yk48dn4m said:
Nothing's happened yet, so the monsters still won't respawn, and I can still kill invisible spots on the map with a skill. :P
I don't get any error for this, it's just a pretty major glitch.

I'm pretty sure the last update fixed those cause I'm not having those problems :-/. Anyone else?

btw Hate is a strong word but I really don't like sarcasm on boards.

the combo are the one like in Kingdom Hearts XD or in CrisisCore FF7 or... Musashi Smiley i'm talking about that combo ^^

Never played them. :-p I don't own anything but an XBOX 360.

grad3zer0":t85d3c2d said:
Closest thing i can think of to those games is Ninety-Nine Nights....even if the combo system isn't that advanced, they're looking for a straight foward combo system. Basically, just making it where different animations follow for the "attack" command rather than the same one.

RTH's abs is a good example of this.... http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=34869.0

But my ABS already has that combo system :-/. I didn't show it cause I'm not done testing the animation engine. I'll add it to the front page now.

::IMPORTANT

Help me finish my animation engine! Spriter needed! Click here.

o_O
I wasn't being sarcatic, Mr.Mo.
However, I guess I'll just have check if my version's up-to-date.  ;)

Edit1
Awfully sorry for that, Mr.Mo. Didn't realise you had updated.  :)

Edit2
Crap... now the enemy Respawns once or possibly twice, then I tried using Cross Cut, and yet again killed something out of thin air. After that, the enemy wouldn't respawn again. :/

Zelos

Hey there, nice script.
For some reason it seems to "lag" a bit when trying to turn. Is this meant to be like that?

WiZ`

mm... maybe i haven't explain me well... i know that there's a combo sistem... but i don't know how to make it work, i was asking you how to make it work whit different animation... sorry for the mistake

DragonMancorada":2gues86d said:
o_O
I wasn't being sarcatic, Mr.Mo.
However, I guess I'll just have check if my version's up-to-date.  ;)

Edit1
Awfully sorry for that, Mr.Mo. Didn't realise you had updated.  :)

Edit2
Crap... now the enemy Respawns once or possibly twice, then I tried using Cross Cut, and yet again killed something out of thin air. After that, the enemy wouldn't respawn again. :/

I'll take a look at that. I think I know why that happens.

For some reason it seems to "lag" a bit when trying to turn. Is this meant to be like that?
When turning? Doesn't happen to me. Turning is processed faster then moving so I don't see how it would lag when turning.

mm... maybe i haven't explain me well... i know that there's a combo sistem... but i don't know how to make it work, i was asking you how to make it work whit different animation... sorry for the mistake
What kind of animation? Animation like the ones in the database ? or the characterset ones?

I'm using the script, which is wonderful, but some of the many nice features that are here - I don't need!

In what scripts and what lines do I have to remove to safely allow the script to not calculate EXP, for leveling the character up, and to keep the character and enemy from jumping up when damaged?

Peace,
Mundane

Wow... this is awesome.

It's so good, and it doesn't have thousands of scripts to handle. AND it's easy to use. I just got one suggestion, though:

Say, we press the "S" button, and we aren't in front of an enemy, nothing happens. Can you make it more like the RTH ABS, where the animation shows up right in front of you, where ever you are? Otherwise, when you press the attack button randomly, when you are not in front of an enemy, it doesn't seem like you're attacking.

Thanks.  :)

WiZ`

both of them XD
character animation, and when you catch the enemy also the animation in the database :)
like... if you press C you can see the caracter change graphic whit one that had the animation of the weapon attack, and if whit that attack you hit the enemy you'll see the database's animation... i don't know if i've been clear this time ^^

Zelos

Mr.Mo":3g1yae9s said:
When turning? Doesn't happen to me. Turning is processed faster then moving so I don't see how it would lag when turning.

Well, it's no real lag.
It's just when I hold down the Up-Button, then release it and press Right or Left. The hero stands there doing nothing for a very short time. This doesn't happen when I hold down Up and Right and then release the Up button. The hero just turns smoothly then...
I didn't experience this with your ABS Lite you posted here earlier and any other script/game...
I already asked a friend, he told me the same thing.

Zelos":5eh9j0kd said:
Mr.Mo":5eh9j0kd said:

Well, it's no real lag.
It's just when I hold down the Up-Button, then release it and press Right or Left. The hero stands there doing nothing for a very short time. This doesn't happen when I hold down Up and Right and then release the Up button. The hero just turns smoothly then...
I didn't experience this with your ABS Lite you posted here earlier and any other script/game...
I already asked a friend, he told me the same thing.

Ah, yes. That happens to me as well.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.