Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

NeoABS

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... /error.jpg[/img]

I'm guessing this has less to do with your script and is more about Game_Event, but...
I have no idea what line it is that's causing this, and definately no idea of what is on that line.
I think you'd be the only one.

This happened while I was sneaking past the Serpent.

Edit1
BTW, why aren't you using the SDK? (MACL?)

Edit2
Error #2. :P

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... error2.jpg[/img]

Line 448:
Code:
    if @hate_group.include?(0)

Enemy Process script.

I just started the game. XD (After the menu.)

Edit3
Also, an enemy in the game has got a HateGroup value of 0.

Edit4
Ok, so that last error was just me being a little of the crack... Jack. ;P
Turns out I just forgot to put [] around my HateGroup value. -_-

Edit5
I think this would be more of a glitch, but when I use a skill like Cross Cut, without there being any enemies on the map, a random tile on the map "dies" and I get the same amount of Gold and the correct Item of one of the actual monsters on that map... that monster already being dead. The particular monster only respawns once, and only if I walk on to the Respawn tile. (I can use Cross Cut as many times as I want, I just keep on gaining levels, gold and items.)

Dean

Zammysoul":y1i1q543 said:
Dragoon Vince":y1i1q543 said:
I LOVE this script. However, when I added it to my game I got this error. :'(
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1484 ... rorqx5.png[/img]
I added all the graphics and ALL the scripts in the demo.

That same thing happens to me too. I get it when I try to call the HUD. It only errors like that when I put the code for the HUD in a parallel process, but if I put it in something like a player touch event, then it doesn't error.
I was trying to call the HUD, too. Sorry, forgot that detail >_<
Mr.Mo":y1i1q543 said:
put a frame of wait before it.
I tried that, Sir Mo, and nothing happened. I still got the same error >_<
I put a wait 20 frames, then the call script, then a local switch A = on and a new page that was black with switch A as a precondition. And I still get the error :(

Injury

Awesome Bro

I tried it out, like it a lot. It's just a little buggy, and I'm also wondering if it's possible to get animated timer bars under the characters, making their actions timed out, instead of having a player button mash the confirm key....

that'd be cool!

I really like this though.

::Updated and Fixed::
Also update the Instructions.

@Dragoon Vince and DragonMancorada, Make sure to have Module UCoders in your project. Read FAQ. Everything will be solved this way. For Parallel Process events, you need to add a frame of wait, I can't fix that, thats the way events work.

Ever since SDK 2.0..stuff don't work right, so I ditched it.

@Isopaha, I was told it has no lag, which it shouldn't but it depends on the number of enemies you have on the map but today's PCs should handle a large amount. My PC just sucks..its very old.

Dean

Mr.Mo, I didn't see anything in the script or the demo that would pertain to which items monsters drop?
How do I choose which monster groups/monster events drop which items?

Uh, got a simple question here. In the settings there is a switch for animated players and enemies.

If I set it to true, what are the prefixes I need to have? Such as CHARACTERNAME_attack

it will be kept. I'm making the SBABS as an add-on to NeoABS

@Link in Pink:
I think its _melee for attack.. _cast for magic. _defend for defend. _hit for getting hit. You can customize for each weapon or skill at skill and weapon setup settings. There are 5 total i think.

~R~

Mr.Mo":vl7b5lrx said:
I will work on an Squad Based(SBABS) version of this script.
I will wait the SBABS, your abs are greats and easy to use, but i don't like the hud... i think is hard to own a group and just see one member's hp... So maybe i learn how to make a hud just to make a group mr mo sbabs hud for my game...

Maybe a good idea:
Is possible make a agility based mash time and the weapons weights may influence the mash time?

Why demos with histories looks better then just plain maps with random npcs?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.