Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Discuss anime here.

Spoo

Sponsor

I figured out Key made Angel Beats so I decided to watch it. It's a great show, and although it still doesn't surpass Clannad (likely nothing ever will IMO), it most definitely beat out Air for Key's second greatest work.

Since I'm done with that one, I'm looking around again. Possibly Night Raid 1931 or Baccano! next.

so ano hana is a great anime, has the classic symptons of a bit awkwardness but is pretty heart breakign
synopsis: a group of 6 friends were friends when they were kids, but one of them died, and all with scars on their hearts (melodramatic i know) drifted apart. Years later, the former "leader" of the group, who has become a shut in from the world, suddenly starts hallucinating that the dead friend is there, except a grown up like him. From there, they seek to gather the friends again, and send her onward from this world (by fulfilling her wish or something)

also

C - the anime is freaking freaking awesome. although awkward, very much so, it has so much deep underlying meaning to like everything, to the very full title itself (c- money control and possibility of soul or something like that), like sickening amounts. Look for the blog that describes it in sickening and awesome detail all those underlying meanings. I enjoyed it, although it's p culty.

I think the only two anime's I've liked were Death Note and Toradora!... I haven't been able to find one that's as good as those

action":1xgnbe0c said:
I think the only two anime's I've liked were Death Note and Toradora!... I haven't been able to find one that's as good as those

code geass, wolf's rain, samurai champloo, xenaylion.... some crazy name, looking for something recommended by evangelion, it's p similiar........ anywyas, evangelion itself, full metal alchemist (the manga's always better imo but it's a good watch)... black lagoon, did right by the manga, avatar airbender, mushishi, melancholy of haruhi suzumiya.... etc.

Spoo

Sponsor

I'll look into those, Daxis, although probably not for a while if I can't find them dubbed. I've gotten too used to not reading subtitles.

Blue exorcist = awesome! lol I've seen a bit of animes dont really have a favorite seeing as most of the good anime (that I prefer) last a season or 2 , Bleach and Naruto are just to episodic I'll prolly watch them one day though but I have a list of the animes I've seen on anime-planet pretty cool website but yeah Ruroni kenshin was awesome I saw all the movies full metal was pretty cool I recently finished it ; I should start watchin anime again lol

Spoo

Sponsor

A friend of mine seemed to enjoy Black Lagoon so I checked it out and it's pretty cool.

Also,
wtf.png

wtf?

Spoo

Sponsor

Whelp, I just finished up with Toradora! and I can't say I was pleased with the ending (mostly because I haven't the slightest idea what was going on). Still, it was a pretty fun anime to watch I guess.

I'm not exactly understanding why Taiga left in the first place? I know that her mother or w/e wasn't at her apartment, but was that the reason she left? I thought she had literally just said she wasn't running away anymore (or something to that measure). Also, was the pink haired chick a lesbian after all?

mawk

Sponsor

I've had a lot of people saying I should give Durarara! a try lately -- apparently it's kind of "me"?

I'm curious, but it's a little while before I can give it a look so I'm just kind of wondering what it's about and what people thought of it.

Durarara!! is actually really interesting and well-written. I enjoyed it a lot, and it's stylish, so it seems like the kind of thing you'd enjoy.

Spoo

Sponsor

ef: A Tale of Memories

It's a little hard to follow, but it's neat, to say the least. From what I hear it's a pretty good watch.

Spoo

Sponsor

So since the end of October I've watched through quite a few series. I was trying to shy away from really popular stuff and look for myself and here are a few I liked.

BECK - Basically the story of a rock band's formation and slow rise to fame. I was happy to find that it's not the generic J-Rock that other music anime throws at you (K-On), but is in fact based on American music. The obvious inspiration is Rage Against the Machine, but there are others.

Cross Game - I'm a biased fuck about baseball so I'm not sure how everyone else would enjoy this one. CG was a fun ride, and pretty intense at times (it has to be to be the only thing to get me worked up over FICTIONAL BASEBALL). I was pleasantly surprised upon finishing the first episode; it's pretty touching right off the bat and a singular event manages to provide adequate drive for the entire plot.

5 Cm Per Second - This isn't a series; it's a three-part movie. Very deep and somewhat depressing, but also touching in a way. This movie has some of my favorite monologues from anything ever, and it's pretty much all David Matranga's narration, so I was happy listening to it.

Dokuro-chan - Jesus. If you're into very quirky, very odd humor you will probably enjoy this one. The WTF value alone makes it worth a watch, and with only 12(?) episodes, it's not too long. Only real complaint on this one is the godawful use of Japanese honorifics in the english dub.

Spoo

Sponsor

so.

I finished up with another one.

Welcome to the N.H.K. is a story of a socially awkward college dropout who believes that everything bad that happens to him is due to a number of conspiracies. In his case, the NHK, or Nihon Hikikomori Kyōkai (loosely translates to "Japan Introvert Association" or something along those lines). Anyways, the guy meets an annoying teenage girl who seems bent on curing his social awkwardness. From this, the majority of the plot develops. I gave this one a watch because it has the same producer(?) as BECK. It certainly delivered. Welcome to the N.H.K. gives off a sort of dark, cynical vibe throughout its episodes that sets a nice mood. I was pleased to find I could empathize somewhat with the main character; for the most part society's disgust at his non-conformity or something. I don't know.

tl;dr WNHK is worth a watch if you feel like popping a sophistication boner and want to chuckle a bit in the process.

Try Highschool DxD

Its still ongoing, but its quite fun..
Read the manga first, but the releases on the internet are being gained up by the anime..
Its a nice story, featuring the cliche good for nothing main char that goes epic, but its done quite well
Also, its full of fanservice, if you catch my drift (also seen on Freezing and Seikon no Qwazer)

If you want a laugh, go for Kill Me Baby!

Based on a 4-koma manga, this has a cute girls do cute things feel, but still has a sort of ironic humor that made me piss my pants while'st reading the manga. The anime is nothing less and then some..

Spoo

Sponsor

Mother Gloria":39jgzm5l said:
never watch high school of the dead, its just horrible as shit and youll want to commit suicide afterwards

I'll quote myself on this one.

Peeps need to understand; HotD in a phrase is "over-the-top," and that phrase is applied to most everything in it. Tits included. Don't look at the excessive cleavage as dorky and sexual; look at it as outrageous and humorous. I'm p sure your watching experience will improve with that mindset.

Don't get me wrong; the dialogue was pretty godawful and character development consisted of frequent upskirts, but I thought the majority of the show was ridiculous in a good way.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.