Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Discuss anime here.

candle

Sponsor

and that shows you have no taste.

My favs would be:
Ergo Proxy
Crono Crusade
Witchblade
Last Exile
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The Twelve Kingdoms

Others I have watched and enjoyed:
EARLY Pokemon (up through the Jhoto Journeys)
EARLY Digimon (I'm talking forst season here, never watched more than a few episodes)
EARLY Yu-Gi-Oh! (duelist kingdom)
Inuyasha (only watched a few episodes, but was intrigued)

Anime I absolutely hated:
ANY Dragon Ball series
Bleach
Naruto
One-Piece
Monster Rancher

American (anime style) cartoons I enjoyed:
the Jackie Chan Adventures

NEVER WATCH A ANIME ADAPTED FROM A WEEKLY MANGA.
They suck. A chapter, 20 pages, is spread out for 30 minutes!? Yeah, nah.
They're popular, but in the end the manga is so much damn better.

Star

Sponsor

Subbed Dubbed. I prefer Dubbed so my ears don't bleed like No ID said. It's not that I don't like Japanese, I just can't concentrate on two things at once. Meaning (Text + Plus whatever they are doing) So people who particularly like doing multiple things or get distracted easily will love Subbed anime. Me, I find English voice actors more serious. When Japanese yell, they make me laugh in serious conversations.

My fav's:
Baki the Grappler (Yujiro Hanma owns you)
Case Closed (Except there's so many episodes)
Excel Saga (Freaking Funny)
G Gundam (THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER)
Golden Boy (This dude is amazing and perverted)
Hyper Police (Very interesting show)
Moribito (I loved the story)
Pokemon (lol)... Only popular one I ever liked
S-cry-ed (Main character was badass)
Star Ocean EX (based on favorite video game of all time)

Least fav:
Probably very popular ones
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragonball Series, probably what 50% of the people in this thread said they loved.

i watched all of scryed...

I have to say that i liked lots of the dub, except that the toned down the music, which was in honest opinion, a retarded as crap thing to do.
It felt like a freaking soap opera without the music. Seriously, just people standing around with very serious voices and a very serious subject but you're freaking animated, so half the time everything's mostly a still frame. Don't get me wrong, the voices themselves were amazing, but without the music... blah. I mean, there weren't any music during the action scenes either, so it just felt like he punch someone without ANY feeling of drama or suspense or whatever either. That's sorta why i stuck with the sub on that one.

everything about the show was badass, though.

e":1kii8wao said:
anyone's seen Baccano!? It seems interesting but i don't know if i should bother watching it (bandwidth's limited =/)
Baccano! is very entertaining. If you like it, I also suggest Durarara!! which is by the same creators.

Speaking of which, I'm currently watching Durarara!! and recently finished Bokurano. Bokurano was pretty good. It didn't quite turn out how I expected, though. I wanted a sadder ending.

I have seen FCLC. What was going on, i honestly have no clue. I want a pair of eyebrows. c:

I also watched Elfen Lied. It was worth the time in my opinion. There were a few gripes I had here and there but there was a lot going for it. The weakest characters are the two main characters, but everyone else had a really nice backstory. The characters were "dumb-down" for the sake of story progression. But other than that, it was pretty good and was pretty addicting and interesting story wise. c:

Cowboy bebop is awesome.
Sunrise is awesome... at least the anime that wins awards.
i should try and watch escaflowne.
Finished Kannagi. They basically used the manga as a storyboard, i don't get why people don't read the manga first, all the so called comedy is there... Now if only the manga would get outta hiatus...

And the elfin lied anime was okay. It's one of the things that the manga does more epically.
FCLC was all about wtf. Read the script without everything, and you;ll see things make a lot more sense. Or maybe not.

e

Sponsor

Mind Game.

The best animation movie I have ever seen, and will have seen for a while I think. I don't even know where to begin. The sheer richness of the characters (every character's life story is told within the timeframe of the movie, all the tiny details, the choices, their hopes, their lies, their failures, etc., although its up to the viewer to piece them up together, the movie doesn't spoon feed you), the brilliance of the visuals (it doesn't show right away, but trust me, it's visually one of the craziest, weirdest and sexiest anime), the choice of music (grooving bass to light samba to bach well tempered clavier to electro...), the directing (whoever did the editing was a fucking genius), everything is just better than anything I'd seen before in an anime movie.

And then the story, dialogue, etc., themselves. Really, really good stuff. To give you an idea of how crazy the movie is, here's a dance scene, and here's the sex scene (pretty much sfw btw, it's all metaphors and stuff, I don't think you see anything):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQaA4X2SYH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBJibul630w

Anyway, those are the crazy bits. I mean, the whole movie itself is freaking crazy (the death scene, the god scene, etc.), but these are particularly wild, and this choice of eclectic, multiple animation styles that blend and segue into one another fits perfectly with the movie's theme and message.

seikon no qwaser is amazing and great and bad

Seikon%20no%20Qwaser%20-%2002.png

Spoo

Sponsor

Higurashi no Naku koro ni

Your mind will explode (in bot a good and bad way) after three episodes of this. So confusing.

Toradora!
just finished it... wierd ending, but heck, this is anime. The series was pretty realistic most of the way through.
I highly reccommend it. I'm pretty picky when it comes to art, and this show's pretty good. I'd say it started getting the best at ep 17, but it was still good up to that.

Funny, and surprisingly touching - I really dont get into emotional crap, and alot of times the movies have romantic scenes that just make you feel really awkward. But this one was pretty good on that.

Spoo

Sponsor

I finishd out Clannad and Clannad After Story a few days ago. It was an alright series if you go for cute stuff. Pretty sad at times too.

Spoo

Sponsor

Reviving this thread because relevance and stuff.

I've been watching Highschool of the Dead because I absolutely love things relevant to zombie killing in a stylized manner. Besides the constant LOL ITZ JIGGLY BEWBS they keep throwing at you it's really enjoyable.

Also watched Canon, Air, and the dubbed Clannad: After Story in their entirety. Clannad is still amazing and Air was alright I guess. I never could enjoy Canon much. Nothing has the emotional impact that Clannad did, and that makes them really hard to critique well in comparison.

Lately i've been watching A-channel and started watching Baka to Test to Shokanju Ni (second season, hence the Ni)

Fun, but only if you've either read the manga or watched Season 1

Spoo

Sponsor

I finished the anime HotD; it had one of the most satisfying endings as far as action goes I've ever seen. I plan to read the manga sometime or another.

Any suggestions for the next series?

Tried Franken Fran?

Synopsis
Fran can make anyone into anything, raise the dead, switch heads and bodies and give you those eyes that you've always wanted. But do you actually want them? Is it a good thing to raise the dead? Do the ends justify the means? And does Fran care? (Source: Snoopy Cool)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.