Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Discuss anime here.

idk if i've mentioned this before, but there's one anime movie out there definetly worth watching
its called sword of the stranger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_the_Stranger)
also called ストレンヂア 無皇刃譚, Sutorenjia Mukōhadan, Stranger Mukou Hadan or whatever (wikipedia)

it's about swordfights and former heroes, and evil guys and bad stuff
story is cool, but not really anything special
its mostly action oriented, but what makes it worth it is the animation.
the thing is so fluid and clean and the action so vivid.

well you should just check it out for yourself

stranger.jpg

stranger02.jpg

10818-swordofthestranger1_super.png

have a piece of it:
(including a fight scene)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BP51vdlpHk

you can fully watch it on youtube, but i'd reccomend getting a hd version thats out there
for your viewing pleasure

I can never finish watching anime recently, not that I even try in the first place. Anime is so damn slow with everything. I mean, shit, it took a hundred literal episodes of Naruto(half of it skipped) to realize that I'm not watching that shit anymore.

list of completed anime, which usually means they're good enough to be complete:

Code Geass
Haruhi
Scryed
75% done with spice and wolf- business genre's a nice change
Black lagoon
ALL DIGIMON SERIES except for savers- stopped at ep 42 and too lazy to check for more eps
Gurren Lagann
Evangelion + end of evangelion(epic)
Hellsing(not the OVA, waiting for it to finish before I watch it)
Dragonauts(Jpop bullshit)
elfin lied(liked the manga more)

I like manga, not anime.

Fuck it, I like subbed anime way more than dubbed. It's damn weird hearing serus discussions going on in english, villains sound so fucked up, and sometimes the awesome music is turned down and it feels like you're watching a soap drama. In dubbed anime, I read it so I can understand exactly what's being said without ambiguity, know how names are spelled and shit, and the music is exactly how it should be. I just ignore the fact that I can't understand jack shit what they're saying, which works.

No ID

Sponsor

Yea but don't your ears bleed?

And you cant really focus on the animation and the character's facial expressions because your to busy trying to read the text before it disappears.

What, because its a different language it makes you ears bleed? Its called respect man. Learn it, the english language isn't the only language. I extremely dislike people with superficial beliefs and sheer ignorance towards other cultures and countries.

I really don't watch anime all that often. So far, the only thing I have seen completely is FMA. It was pretty good until the "lol human world" which completely ruined it. o:

I saw spirited away in theaters and it was a magically movie indeed.

Ive also seen like one episode of PA, but it seemed unique in its own way and it was something to appreciate. I saw the one with the lady and her dual personalities or something of the sort. o:

I also used to watch Pokemon back when I was a wee lad.

BoBoBo was cool for a little while, and there was some worthy lol moments. I used to watch it back when it aired on TV.

I am currently watching Cowboy Bebop. Its pretty good so far, however Im not that far into it so I cannot say. o:

No ID

Sponsor

Bacon":2xddtr9m said:
What, because its a different language it makes you ears bleed? Its called respect man. Learn it, the english language isn't the only language. I extremely dislike people with superficial beliefs and sheer ignorance towards other cultures and countries.

My ears bleed because it's
blah blah blah

Now I get what your saying but people don't watch subs to learn Japanese do they?
Rosetta Stone. And if I wanted to read I'd get the manga.

no, I don't want to learn japanese by watching subs. that's just retarded. It's just easier on me to read than watch. Besides, if it's a boring as shit moment(lots of those all over the place), I can just skip it, read the text to see if there's anything worth watching, and if there's not, I'd just continue to skip it. With dubs, I'll have to listen to the entire damn thing and whatnot.
I actually, you know, like reading.

No ID":2fu8v5s6 said:
And you cant really focus on the animation and the character's facial expressions because your to busy trying to read the text before it disappears.

I hear that argument against subbed anime alot...

I don't see the problem though... I am finished reading ways before the text changes and can watch all those facial expressions.
And I watch them english subbed (easier to find), while I am not a native speaker, and still manage it...

lol @ people reading slow

subbed is almost always better, except in cases wherein the english dubbing is particularly good, and there isn't much cultural translation problems. cowboy bebop is a good example of good dubbing. speed racer is a good example of bad dubbing.

subs are designed to be given in small bursts which SHOULD be instantly recognized by the viewer, instead of giving large sentences which must be concentrated on to absorb.

by cultural translation problems i mean like sounds, exclamation noises/words, and gesticulations which are considered normal in jap culture, when they are incredibly strange in western culture.

Twirly

Sponsor

Man I used to watch a lot of anime :x
Here's a list from the top of my head...
Naruto (yeah |:)
Bleach (yeah |:)
Code Geass (|:)
Cowboy Bebop (was actually good)
One Piece (imo way better than shit like naruto or bleach, still reading the manga sometimes)
Samurai Champloo (my fav. anime :D)
D. Grayman (ugh)
Dragonball Z (fucking classic)
Digimon (no comment)
Pokemon (no comment)
Death Note (2nd season sucked, 1st season was really good)
and a lot of other shit I don't remember

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.