Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack 0.6

cairn

there's a script to sort of "fix" the no weapon error. If you are using a multi-slot script place it above the multi-slot.

This should be the script:

Code:
class Scene_Equip
  # Override update_item. Need to intercept actor.equip call.
  def update_item
    # If B button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # Play cancel SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # Activate right window
      @right_window.active = true
      @item_window.active = false
      @item_window.index = -1
      return
    end
    # If C button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # Play equip SE
      item = @item_window.item
      # If item is nil don't want to work with it.
      return if item == nil
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.equip_se)
      # Change equipment
      @actor.equip(@right_window.index, item.id)
      # Activate right window
      @right_window.active = true
      @item_window.active = false
      @item_window.index = -1
      # Remake right window and item window contents
      @right_window.refresh
      @item_window.refresh
      return
    end
  end
end

Enjoy!

cairn

weird, it works fine for me. That script prevents the player from having no weapons/armors de-equiped, so your problem might be that you are trying to fight bare handed, that sadly enough isn't fixable with my knowledge.

vallu

Hey I'm not 100% sure if this has been posted under this topic already but I think this should be mentioned about this side view battle script. At first I had a little problem but I fixed it and I think it should be posted here... If you want to make character do physical ranged skill (for example something like "Air Slash" You know what I mean ^.^), do this:
At line 2430:

def magic?
      if @atk_f == 0
        return true
      else
        return false
      end
    end
  end
end

Change it to this:

def magic?
      if @atk_f == 0
        return true
      elsif @dex_f >= 1 or @id == 99 #put the skill's ID here
        return true
      else
        return false
      end
    end
  end
end

Really simple, I just didn't see it here and thought of putting it here ;D

EDIT: This one's fixed too now...

vallu

vallu":23va0nhe said:
Hey I'm not 100% sure if this has been posted under this topic already but I think this should be mentioned about this side view battle script. At first I had a little problem but I fixed it and I think it should be posted here... If you want to make character do physical ranged skill (for example something like "Air Slash" You know what I mean ^.^), do this:
At line 2430:

def magic?
      if @atk_f == 0
        return true
      else
        return false
      end
    end
  end
end

Change it to this:

def magic?
      if @atk_f == 0
        return true
      elsif @dex_f >= 1 or @id == 99 #put the skill's ID here
        return true
      else
        return false
      end
    end
  end
end

Really simple, I just didn't see it here and thought of putting it here ;D

Hey now that I restarted my game this is not working anymore so don't touch that ^.^'''

EDIT: Now I'm reaaally confused... It worked earlier perfectly and now it isn't working... Can anyone help me 'cause I'm newbie at scripting ^^''' (well there's a chance that my computer's messing up with me, it's kinda crappy...) =_=

EDIT EDIT: Well, it works now on me but I needed to add one (extra) feature in it: If your skills DEX-F is 1 or higher, actor will perform it as ranged attack. If you don't want to add any DEX-F to your skill, you still need only to put the skills ID to the place I marked in the script.
Well, I hope this helped somebody this time :D

GRAND EDIT

Ok, i know what causes the delay since its due to the calculations for the health bars.

My question is, is there a way to delay the calculation until after the character returns to his/her position on the party line?

I also have a second question revolving around the command menu progressing downward with each character. In the first party view (the default XP system) I know how to stop the menu from sliding horizontally, however the same fix does not seem to apply to this combat system. What can be done to stop the command menu from scrolling down into the standard battle menu?

Why when i'm about to fight monster it say Graphic/Picture/num

... You probably forget to copy the pictures into your game project. Open the Graphics folder of this CBS and copy the Pictures folder and paste it to your project Graphics folder.

I'm thinking about making an unofficial updates pack for this script. But first i need to observe this script furthermore and asking Mist Tribe permission. What do you think? Should i continue?

I have the same error happening, and I'm modifying the CBS demo directly so there's no reason to copy the Pictures folder.

I know you're working on your VX pack. But if its not too much I think it would be good to keep supporting this pack, I have both VX and XP and I'd really like to do my project in XP since it seems a little bit more versatile to my needs.

Just removing the slanted bars addon gives the following error

Script 'Enemy HP Bars' Line 26 : NoMethodError occurred
undefined method 'draw_slant_bar' for #<Windows_EnemyHP:0x13e14a0>

However removing the enemy HP bars addon lets you run the program smoothly, but the lag still occurs. Plus not being able to see the HP of your enemy is kind of blah.

I guess just being able to postpone the calculations until after the sprite animations are done is the only really good workaround for the lag.

Also, any idea on the command menu issue?

Would be great if you keep working on the XP version, i'm using it to. Are there any new options that will be added in teh VX version? Maybe you could add them to the XP version to? thx ^^

Well the scripts were only made for VX. >_>

The VX version has animated enemy's, animated hero's, and guess what.. enemy's can use weapons, ranged weapons, guns, etc.

I might post up a demo of what I have so far in it if yall convince me to.

Also, a question was brought up a few pages back but never got answered.

Is it possible to replace the enemies with their static battlers for battles?

Note : If you remove lines 1756-2042 from the CBS it reverts both the hero and enemy characters back to their battler sprites. So the necessary changes are someplace within here (however as forwarning, removing these lines of code i mention here cause a loop when attempting to attack. So please dont remove this section of code and expect your game to work)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.