Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack 0.6

Why when i'm about to fight monster it say Graphic/Picture/num

... You probably forget to copy the pictures into your game project. Open the Graphics folder of this CBS and copy the Pictures folder and paste it to your project Graphics folder.

I'm thinking about making an unofficial updates pack for this script. But first i need to observe this script furthermore and asking Mist Tribe permission. What do you think? Should i continue?

Which script did you used, the one in his CTB demo, or the one that he released separately for default RMXP battles? You should used the the one that he released separately to avoid syntax errors.

Crusaderhafiz":244hbmvo said:
My archer cant do a skill can you do this for me i have 5 bow and 4 gun how to do it?

Because ranged weapons don't work currently.

ironhustla":244hbmvo said:
Its great why does it stall after the attack for a second?

Because the bars are trying to calculate, subtract, and then animate. So it pauses until It's done.

Update:
0.4 is going to be released soon, just a upside. It's for VX only and it's a pack with the Sonzai Sideview 2.4 with a ton of addons. A readme while be included to tell you how to do certain things, suchas custom animations, etc.

P.S.
Anyone know what happened to Rye.jp?

I was wondering if there was any way to stop the guys from jumping when the are done attacking and if there was any way to make them do a victory dance or spin or something?

In theory that is possible :)
another thing i would like to see is that it's possible to change charactersets for battles. But i don't think anyoen is going to make these changes at this moment :s

cairn

the things that both posters above me described are quite easy. At the point where you define the movements for normal attacks and other things like that, you can edit the commands between "" to get as variety of results! I'm going to use this cbs on my game with some few edits on the movement commands to seem like the old FFs for the snes :thumb:

P.S: If you need some explanation on how to edit the movement patterns just ask me and I'll try to explain.

That'd be cool if you would. I've already made the jump to RMVX so my NEW CBS pack is going to be released soon. And guess what. NO LAG. =3

I don't have any lag with this battle system on rpgmXP, i do have a good anti-lag script though. So is someone willing to help me so it's possible to change your heroes charactersets for battles?

Umm I'm not sure how to do that. unless you make all the battles by events and have it change the charsets before battle and then change em back after battle

Hm, i was already thinking by doing that since i only use chars as battlers, but that would take ages to do, a script would be much easier. No problem if you don't know how to do it. maybe i should make a script request for this?

cairn":khpr7pdw said:
the things that both posters above me described are quite easy. At the point where you define the movements for normal attacks and other things like that, you can edit the commands between "" to get as variety of results! I'm going to use this cbs on my game with some few edits on the movement commands to seem like the old FFs for the snes :thumb:

P.S: If you need some explanation on how to edit the movement patterns just ask me and I'll try to explain.

Could you show me where in the script's code i would do that?

MistTribe":2m02kkdf said:
That'd be cool if you would. I've already made the jump to RMVX so my NEW CBS pack is going to be released soon. And guess what. NO LAG. =3

Could you email me when you are done so i can use it please? thanks a lot.

OathKeeper58":2u1yv8oi said:
cairn":2u1yv8oi said:

Could you show me where in the script's code i would do that?
I think it starts on line 210.

btw, i wanted different charactersets so i could use charactersets with weapons ingame. But there's a much easier solution. If you show the weapon icons on the heroes charactersets while they are just waiting, then you have  the same effect. Now it only shows the weapons at the moment the hero attacks. While the character is moving you don't have to show any weapon icons, becuz that's much harder to do and u would hardly notice it. So is anyone willing to take up my request: make it so that the icons are also shown on the heroes while they are waiting.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.