Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What games are you currently playing?

So I just beat Dragons Dogma. Er, well the main story. I guess the Dark Arisen part is an expansion area that I haven't explored yet.
The story is...I don't think there is a story. If there was I must have missed something somewhere because what the fuck was that, lol?

I played it all night, and so much that happened was irritating bullshit. Starting with a double Wight fight. They have this mega cyclone attack that juggles the entire part in the air for like a minute that nearly kills you. Had I not instantly used a potion to fully cure myself I would have died because they did it back to back! And then it gave you no time to pick up the drop items because as soon as you win it goes into a cutscene and the fort collapses and you can't return again.

I don't know how long the final dragon fight took. It took ages.
And then, apparently, there's some kind of romance mechanic with an NPC. In my case I got the merchant Madeleine. Apparently giving money to her when she asked was what flagged it for me. I don't mind, she's a fun character. But it's really confusing because whoever the love interest is, they just show up at the final battle with no explanation. I'm like, "Why is she here? Did I miss a quest line or something? What. Is. Going. On!?"
And afterwards they make out. So I'm really confused because I didn't think she was that important of a character. And if it was going to be anyone, I'd think it would be the princess because she invited you to her chambers at one point. Or maybe your Cousin from the beginning of the game, who I never saw again.
During the credit roll there's was a girl I had never seen before. So I definitely missed something somewhere. Looking it up online, it seems I skip this whole questline where the MC's cousin visits a witch. The game gives you no warning about when or how a quest will be failed or canceled. And the only way to do the quests is on a new game plus. Because oh, yeah, you're only allowed 1 save file.

This game is really fickle about NPC dialogue and quest flags too.

Like I said I got the Madeleine beloved. So she in MC's house after you win. She's suppose to say "Thank you for rescuing me. Let's live the rest of our days together" blah blah blah. But when I talked to her, instead, she asked me to go on a quest that gives merchants new things to sell.

I dunno. This game. It feels like it should be this amazing experience. But I just got unlucky while playing it.

At the moment I am playing 2 things -- Pokémon Soul Silver Nuzlocke (getting ready for the second round of Elite Four, and am currently over 100 hrs played, mostly due to leveling).

But I've also began to play this neat little app on my Tablet. Grimvalor. It's pretty fun with engaging combat. And the movement feels real nice with running up walls, dashing, double jumps and the like. The first Act is free (of 5). But the thing that's really cool, is that it supports my nVidia Shield gamepad.

Ellie":ec2cszko said:
Anyone still on RuneScape 3?

I just hit 2,500 total and am not far from 99 Archaeology. Archy is nice!

Heeeey, congrats! Is Archaeology an easy 99 then?
I go in and out of RS3. I'm currently out of it. Though I don't think I could really play it without a laptop...

Though doesn't Old School have an app? That could be an option...

Not far in this janky lil indie MMO called Villagers and Heroes. It's like a budget WoW in a way. But I'm on my tablet playing it. And the controls aren't the best, so I've hooked up an app and gamepad to simulate presses via the gamepad. Though not going to lie, I wanted to play Adventure Quest 3D or Black Desert Mobile more, but those ran like clip-shows on my devices!

Also went looking for *something* to play DragonFable on my tablet or mobile. But iit s a server-involved Flash game, which makes things difficult... Had no success. All these "flash enabled browsers" weren't at all. Closest I found was Puffin, but oh boy, that had performance issues on the login screen alone...

Continuing with FFX-2 HD edition. Mostly focusing on the Creature Creator. Got everything up to Chapter 2.

OMG. So I was doing the lightning calibration in the thunder plains. I wasted nearly 3 hours on tower #7. I finally stopped checked online to make sure it wasn't bugged. It's apparently just that hard.

What? The forums? I used to frequent the forums back in the day. Remember making some assets in Flash, even made a goblin for some guy who was coding an AQ-like game.

The grind's getting to me on DF... maybe because it is turn-based? I wish it had a speed up button, haha. Or just being able to turn off the animations like in Pokémon. Also trying to follow the story is a bit of a mess it seems; I'm doing some things that reference people and things I've not encountered yet. Feel like I'll need a guide just to avoid such things.

Xhukari":329p4zku said:
The grind's getting to me on DF... maybe because it is turn-based? I wish it had a speed up button, haha. Or just being able to turn off the animations like in Pokémon. Also trying to follow the story is a bit of a mess it seems; I'm doing some things that reference people and things I've not encountered yet. Feel like I'll need a guide just to avoid such things.
unless im mistaken, i think i used to run a speedhack on cheat engine to speed everything up. used to play the shit out of AQ and DF, i appreciate how cheap the once off membership to each of them was

It speeds up the gameplay? I used to run a hack for AQ too, but what it mostly did was insta-kill things. Speed's only one issue though. I didn't like how skills were element locked (especially for my Guardian, which was my fave class). I didn't get far in the story, but I came across a post from 2015 complaining that the Devs still hadn't completed Book 3 of the story... Book 3 is still getting updated in 2020. So, it is either enormous, or terribly slow...

Have been toying with going to AQ3D though... That seems to get quicker, bigger updates. Plus no premium classes is a plus.
________

But at the moment I am playing my way through Dark Souls 1. I plan to do all 3 games and all the DLC. After spending many hours researching and restarting, I've decided to play a Sorcerer. I would've preferred an Archer, but I didn't want to deal with running out of ammo. Especially in locations that don't have arrow sellers nor able to teleport out (like the Painted World in DS1).

I've been playing Spelunky 2 on and off since I bought it a couple of days ago.

It feels really refreshing and also horribly difficult again but I can say the latter probably was true when Spelunky HD came out. Up until a recent patch, it's weird how the Dwelling was both easier and more difficult than Spelunky's first world and I've only reached 3-1 once so far.

Still, I think its rather neat that the game still feels familiar enough even with all its little quirks and new mechanics, especially for veteran/returning players. Also, goddamn those mole rats. Quillback also kills me a lot, only cause I misjudge my throws or end mistiming jumping back onto a ladder right when he's about to turn me into paste with his roll attack.

Didn't think I'd have time to do my tradition of playing through Diablo 3 on Halloween. But, I had a save file at the end of Act 3, so I was able to play through the Act 4 this morning very quickly.

Maybe next year I'll consider getting the Reaper of Soul Expansion and get above Lv70 for a change.

Back on the RS train again. Double EXP week which means double artifacts in Archaeology. So I'm making a ton of tetracompasses and hoping for some dragon mattocks (quick 40m+). Have had two out of 48 tetracompasses.

Recently finished the Dark Souls trilogy (properly) for the first time. Funnily enough, my most & least liked games have switched positions... DS2 is now my favourite, with DS3 in last place. When I played DS2 back in 2016, I didn't even finish it; I had quit it after some 20-25 hrs. I'm currently in-between games really. Unsure if I want to dive into an indie game, buy Age of Empires 1, or play the SW Pod Racers game I got in a recent sale...

I never got far in Dark Souls. It's like playstation 1 era tomb raider. I have no fucking clue where to go or what to do. Theres probably a door or hole in the wall I've circled passed a hundred times.

Tomb Raider was infuriating but Hella fun at the time. I'd never played a video game before though (not one beyond what you'd call an arcade game).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.