Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Marco":2iwh0icv said:
How can be had a battle like this?The battler they move, and in this script it cannot be made therefore?

Demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z9r11lxh5pw
That is an encrypted game sample.  USUI, the author, has some of his code on his website, but without the associated database entries/animations, its pretty useless.  I took the time to reverse engineer the bow animation, and that's about all I care to do at this time.

Most of the other options specifically are written to use the custom battlers created by the same author.  This just brings me back to the point that if you're satisfied with the "RTP" attacks/graphics in this script, then you're fine.  Helping people to use animated battlers is tough enough.  If you want to make your own attacks, and customize the crap out of it, you need to be a scripter - or at least understand enough ruby to make your modifications, if that isn't the case, then this script is really useless to you.

As far as any more addon releases, I intend to test them for a while before posting them, since people can't seem to handle anything with bugs - I don't have time for people to pressure me for fixes constantly.  Basically, that's how it is for the moment.

Marco":21ox8o91 said:
You do not succeed to contact the author so that also we can use this bs with those battler?

The changes can be found here: http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_sidesc.html#battler_anime

This is similar to the changes made for the animated battlers settings, but remains untranslated.  Also, he has made a few "extra" lines that are only used in conjunction with the other edits.

If you look in the configuration script, following this:
Code:
#==============================================================================
# â–  Single Action Engine
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are utilized by sequenced actions and have no utility alone.
#==============================================================================
You will see detailed instructions on how to define sprite sheet poses within the script.  It takes time, and testing, but it's not impossible.

[edit]
I just remembered, the work has already been done.  Look here: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... t&p=156041

question how do I set the animations for the guns addon???

this is what is in the bow addon v
Code:
    "FACE"      => [ 0,  1,  1,   2,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],
    "FIRE_BOW"  => ["anime",  83,  0, false, false, false],
    "BOW_1"     => ["SINGLE",0,"COORD_RESET","BOW_ARROW"],
    "BOW_ARROW" => ["m_a",84,0,0,20,-5,0,0, 1,false,""],}

can I somehow do this?

Code:
    "FACE"      => [ 0,  1,  1,   2,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],
    "FIRE_GUN"  => ["anime",  86,  0, false, false, false],
    "GUN_1"     => ["SINGLE",0,"COORD_RESET","GUN_BULLET"],
    "GUN_BULLET" => ["m_a",87,0,0,20,-5,0,0, 1,false,""],}

since there was no info that I saw other than

Code:
  RANGED_ANIME = {
   "GUNSHOT" => ["sound", "se",  100, 100, "close1"],}
  ANIME.merge!(RANGED_ANIME)
  # Action Sequence
  RANGED_ATTACK_ACTION = {
    "GUN_ATTACK" => ["JUMP_AWAY","WPN_SWING_V","30","GUNSHOT","WPN_SWING_V",
        "OBJ_ANIM_WEIGHT","12","WPN_SWING_VL","OBJ_ANIM_L","One Wpn Only",
        "16","Can Collapse","JUMP_TO","COORD_RESET"],}
  ACTION.merge!(RANGED_ATTACK_ACTION)
end

can you please tell me how to set this?

also how does the final hit animation get chosen? is it whatever the weapon animation of the is set to?

hmm I is there also a way to make different weapons have different bullet animations based from something being read from the notes ???

so lets say regular gun animations use the above normal stuff...

but in a specific gun it uses lets say a special bullet animation... lets say animation 105 or should I just make a duplicate FAKE gun addon script? and have a different element set to that/those guns

Can you make an ABS Add-on. So its time bassed like Final Fantasy VII. To make it simple, the agility/speed atribute should affect, how fast a character get to attack again.

wsensor":1rv29q61 said:
question how do I set the animations for the guns addon???

You can do what you're trying to do.  You're on the right track.  To make a special "bullet", just make a duplication of the gun addon as you suggested, and borrow elements from the bow addon.  The "BOW_ARROW" action specifically shows the arrow/projectile.  Where the argument directly following "m_a" is the animation ID.

To change the damage animation, that is attached the the gun/weapon itself.  You are correct.  Since the combat animations are also determined by the weapon, that shouldn't create any additional snags for you.

By the same token, you can duplicate the bow addon to use flaming arrows, ice arrows etc.  You just need to change the name of "BOW_ARROW" to something unique, then change the name of the action sequence and the reference to "BOW_ARROW" to the new one.

Changing the arrows may be easier, and if you can't figure out the bullets right away, take smaller steps and try your hand at changing the arrows first.  Something more may "click" for you, but it seems like you're doing a good job of understanding how this script works.

krudtso":1rv29q61 said:
Can you make an ABS Add-on. So its time bassed like Final Fantasy VII. To make it simple, the agility/speed atribute should affect, how fast a character get to attack again.

I might be able to, but I don't have that kind of time.  CTB/ATB systems are big projects.  As of yet, I don't know of any good ones that work on VX.  As soon as there's something that impresses me and it's well coded and easy to work with, I'll gladly try to make it compatible with this CBS.

Marco":1rv29q61 said:
Kylock They are successful to make it as in the demo ^^
If you want a hand gladly you aid.

Your answer is here: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... t&p=156041

RyanAllen":1qug7hj5 said:
Is there any way to turn off float and the enemy shadows?

There is only one spell that grants float.  Just don't use it.

To make your enemy have no shadow, add your enemy ID to this code in the config script:
Code:
  def shadow
    case @enemy_id
    when 1
      return "shadow01"
    when 30
      return ""
    end
    # 上記ã

Kylock":1q5lshdo said:
RyanAllen":1q5lshdo said:
Is there any way to turn off float and the enemy shadows?

There is only one spell that grants float.  Just don't use it.

To make your enemy have no shadow, add your enemy ID to this code in the config script:
Code:
  def shadow
    case @enemy_id
    when 1
      return "shadow01"
    when 30
      return ""
    end
    # 上記のエネミーID以外すべてに適用される影グラフィック
    return "shadow01"
  end
The example is enemy ID 30, that has a shadow of ""

You will find this toward the bottom of the script.

Whenever an enemy or ally gets buffed like attack up or something then they start floating/hovering. How do i stop it? And sorry to be a pain but isnt there a way to just remove it for all of them wihout having to type it in?

Gotta say, kudos to you on this one.  It has opened up so many possibilities in the game I'm writing it's insane.  Once I actually manage to get linked skills working properly, it'll open even more doors. 

Thanks for such a fantastic contribution!  You rock!

RyanAllen":2853zy1u said:
Whenever an enemy or ally gets buffed like attack up or something then they start floating/hovering. How do i stop it? And sorry to be a pain but isnt there a way to just remove it for all of them wihout having to type it in?

I don't know how, but you've managed to break more features in this script than anyone else that asks me for help on the 4 forums that I've posted it to.

Anyway, to disable float completely in your script, find this code:
Code:
  def base_action
    case @id
    when 1  # ATTACK_FAIL(HP0)時ã

@RyanAllen:
Code:
  def shadow
    case @enemy_id
    when 1
      return "shadow01"
    when 30
      return ""
    end
    # 上記ã

Kylock":1zpcw47y said:
RyanAllen":1zpcw47y said:

I don't know how, but you've managed to break more features in this script than anyone else that asks me for help on the 4 forums that I've posted it to.

Anyway, to disable float completely in your script, find this code:
Code:
  def base_action
    case @id
    when 1  # ATTACK_FAIL(HP0)時です。最優先で選択されます
      return "DEAD"
    when 2,3,4,5,7  
      return "WAIT-NORMAL"
    when 6  
      return "WAIT-SLEEP"
    when 17  
      return "WAIT-FLOAT"
    end
    # 上記IDのステート以外すべてに適用されるSEQUENCEアクション
    return "WAIT"
  end

replace WAIT-FLOAT with WAIT-NORMAL

If that doesn't help you, I don't know what will.  As far as changing the script to correct the error in your game, you should keep note of this if you ever plan to update your script when future versions are released, so that you can maintain your "corrections" of the script.

Hehe! :D
Ty Kyloc  and midgar_12! Its fixed now, no more enemy shadows and no more float on buff, now on buff it shows the scruffy line thing in the speech bubble - win xD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.