Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

encen

but where do I put in under the script editor, and what would I name it?
Sorry for the questions... T-T ...I'm kinda new, but I know how to do everything
all I don't know where to put it under.

encen":11s3fx9i said:
Sorry for the questions... T-T ...I'm kinda new.
Under Materials, like it says in the tutorial.  If you download the demo, go into that script editor, copy each script and paste below (Insert here) in the game you want to put them in.  The name doesn't matter.  It's more for organizational purposes than anything.

For some reason I cant get dual, double or triple attacks to work. I have it set to the skill id but when i use the skill in game nothing happens. Also i cant seem to get epic battles to work, how does it work exactly? >_<;

RyanAllen":3thmo9lu said:
For some reason I cant get dual, double or triple attacks to work. I have it set to the skill id but when i use the skill in game nothing happens. Also i cant seem to get epic battles to work, how does it work exactly? >_<;
You shouldn't be setting any skill ID's at all =/  Those attacks are the first 3 RTP skills.  They didn't work with the sideview script, so all the addons do is make them work again.

Meh, epic battles is broken.  It only seems to work with random encounters.  It won't work in battle test OR in events.  Let me play with it some and fix it.

Kylock":2h0ygwg7 said:
RyanAllen":2h0ygwg7 said:
You shouldn't be setting any skill ID's at all =/  Those attacks are the first 3 RTP skills.  They didn't work with the sideview script, so all the addons do is make them work again.

Meh, epic battles is broken.  It only seems to work with random encounters.  It won't work in battle test OR in events.  Let me play with it some and fix it.

Okay. But I've deleted all of the default skills so I can make my own :) Now dual attack is ID 16, and ive set it to that :) Still, nothing happens when i use it though.

RyanAllen":mi2g6otd said:
Okay. But I've deleted all of the default skills so I can make my own :) Now dual attack is ID 16, and ive set it to that :) Still, nothing happens when i use it though.
The script bases its animations off the Skill ID from the database.  If you want to make your own, you need to add them to the list, not replace whats there.  If you try to make your custom skills where the script is expecting to see its own skill, of course it won't work how you want it to.  Don't fight the script, it will win =p

Basically, if the script thinks Dual Attack should be Skill ID 1, which it does, then its not going to work for you unless you put it in Skill ID 1.  If you don't plan to use the custom animations that the script is packaged with, then you should look at a different Sideview System.  There are others that will do what you want and are way more compatible with other battle system scripts than this one.  For example, Animated Battlers VX and [VX] Minimalistic Side View Battle System...

The ONLY thing the script will really let you get away with is changing the name and description of the first 104 skills.  This is one of the HUGE reasons why this is distributed as a demo and not just some code blocks in the forum.  Skill ID 105 and beyond, it's all yours.

[in other news]

Epic Battle addon updated. Embarassingly, I didn't test it for practical use and it was WAY HORRIBLY broken. It's fixed now though, it still needs work but it does what it's meant to for now.

encen":18llclr7 said:
Sorry for the questions... T-T ...I'm kinda new.

If you have never installed a script before, I would suggest trying with something else before tackling this.  Its not just scripts you need to install, but database entries, animations, and image resources.  If you are really the new guy that you claim to be, I would STRONGLY suggest renaming the demo to "encen's game" and starting from there.  Otherwise, you're going to have problems whenever you try to do something fancy with your battles (other than simple attacks and skills).

Kylock":2801po8n said:
RyanAllen":2801po8n said:
The script bases its animations off the Skill ID from the database.  If you want to make your own, you need to add them to the list, not replace whats there.  If you try to make your custom skills where the script is expecting to see its own skill, of course it won't work how you want it to.  Don't fight the script, it will win =p

Basically, if the script thinks Dual Attack should be Skill ID 1, which it does, then its not going to work for you unless you put it in Skill ID 1.  If you don't plan to use the custom animations that the script is packaged with, then you should look at a different Sideview System.  There are others that will do what you want and are way more compatible with other battle system scripts than this one.  For example, Animated Battlers VX and [VX] Minimalistic Side View Battle System...

The ONLY thing the script will really let you get away with is changing the name and description of the first 104 skills.  This is one of the HUGE reasons why this is distributed as a demo and not just some code blocks in the forum.  Skill ID 105 and beyond, it's all yours.

[in other news]

Epic Battle addon updated. Embarassingly, I didn't test it for practical use and it was WAY HORRIBLY broken. It's fixed now though, it still needs work but it does what it's meant to for now.

I...urr...had trouble understanding what you said.
So basically, i can change only the name and description of the first 104 skill, not effects or damage etc?
Can't I make any of my own skills and animations for dual, double and triple attack?

I have removed this script but I can no longer use the ability I created, even after setting it to one enemy.

It seems those other battle systems arnt as great as this one ^^;
So, I just have to keep skills 84-104, states 17-20 and animation 82 unchanged? Then 1,2 and 3 if i also want to dual etc? Also, how do you install the animated battlers (characters) script? I didnt understand what you said to do >_<;

RyanAllen":2ozycaym said:
So, I just have to keep skills 84-104, states 17-20 and animation 82 unchanged? Then 1,2 and 3 if i also want to dual etc? Also, how do you install the animated battlers (characters) script? I didnt understand what you said to do >_<;

You seem to understand perfectly now =p  If you want to use any of the special attacks in this script, they are defined by the script to use 84-104.  States 17-20 - meh, if you don't use the skills that modify those, then they are safe to wipe and reuse.  Animation 82 I believe is used by the Friend Throw skill.  If you don't plan to use it, then you can wipe that one too.  Only the skills are important to preserve and/or ignore.

Since alot of people seem to be having trouble with animated battlers, I'm probably going to rewrite my instructions for making them work.

[update]

NEW ADDON: Guns - see original post for details.

I was using Side View 2.4 in japanese, but I kinda, pasted another Iconset.png over the original so i can get more Icons for my weapons and change teir appearance in battle.  But now, the Long sword uses another animation and the weapons don't show up at all in battle, my char doesn't even move to the monster.  So, he stays at his original spot and the animation hits the monster and sometimes, it doesn't wait for the player attack completion and the monster hits me at the same time i attack him.  I have put a lot of time in my project and now it broken appart because of this,  I also changed 2.4 for 2.6 translated by kylock but it did no change at all.  I would really bless the person who is able to help me.

Make sure you aren't using a Skill for a custom skill thats reserved for the script.  Thats the type of conflict it sounds like your having.  Make sure you database matches the one in the demo for whatever version you are using.  If you are using my 2.6, all your custom skills should start at around at Skill ID 105 and above.  The icons really wont affect the system in the way you are describing... all you need to be concerned with is that you have a proper icon assigned to your equipped weapon.

Kylock":1rwhnhp5 said:
RyanAllen":1rwhnhp5 said:

You seem to understand perfectly now =p  If you want to use any of the special attacks in this script, they are defined by the script to use 84-104.  States 17-20 - meh, if you don't use the skills that modify those, then they are safe to wipe and reuse.  Animation 82 I believe is used by the Friend Throw skill.  If you don't plan to use it, then you can wipe that one too.  Only the skills are important to preserve and/or ignore.

Since alot of people seem to be having trouble with animated battlers, I'm probably going to rewrite my instructions for making them work.

[update]

NEW ADDON: Guns - see original post for details.

Is it safe to rename the skills and give them descriptions and new icons?

RyanAllen":xxbkdbdx said:
Is it safe to rename the skills and give them descriptions and new icons?

Yes.  It's even safe to change their damage modifiers.  Just not targeting, and possibly animation, but I wouldn't just to stay safe.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.