Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

J4iru5

Great script, Very appreciated.
Sry, kinda noob... Just wanted to ask a question.

In the demo you added the cut-in skill, how do you change the picture during the cut-in skill. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Hey, I just saw the update that makes animated enemies possible. I've been looking into this, and that's just what I needed. Now, just wondering, does anybody have any of the Minkoff Battlers that go with it? Or even just a template?

arion

When using animated battlers, the actor doesn't change to the correct sprite when its health reaches critical. 

"Any quick fixes?" Asks the non-scripter in all his glory.

arion":7vs8deia said:
When using animated battlers, the actor doesn't change to the correct sprite when its health reaches critical. 

"Any quick fixes?" Asks the non-scripter in all his glory.

Nope.  This script doesn't support the entire set of animations available.  Unfortunately, the script is set up to just display that silly balloon when you're critical instead.

Akin

I set mine up to display critical you just gotta set up the actions correctly just under this section

Code:
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # â—

You need to copy over ALL the database entries from the demo to your game.

In the header you will see this:
Code:
#     Because there are database entries required to be present for the special
#   skill animations, I strongly suggest using the demo as a base to develop a
#   new game.  If you really need to install this script to a game that is
#   already in development, you will need to move the scripts, and copy/paste
#   the following database entries:
#      - Skills:     084-104        - States: 017-020
#      - Animations: 082

jarhead31":350nz3z9 said:
I can't figure out what the tech attacks do...nothing seems to happen when I use it in the demo.

All relevant party members should be using their support skills or it won't work.

Where in this script I can change words: Evade and Guard?
I want to translate them into other language
P.S Sorry for my bad english

I can't figure out what the tech attacks do...nothing seems to happen when I use it in the demo.

All relevant party members should be using their support skills or it won't work.

I should have been more specific. The 4-man tech attack works, but none of the others seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Comrade":1h20ecu6 said:
Where in this script I can change words: Evade and Guard?
I want to translate them into other language
P.S Sorry for my bad english
Config script, around line 77.

jarhead31":1h20ecu6 said:
I should have been more specific. The 4-man tech attack works, but none of the others seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?
I have no idea.  If you are testing with the demo, and it's not working, then you are most definitely missing something.

RyanAllen":1h20ecu6 said:
I get an error when i try to use the combination attacks with animated battlers :)
That's great news.  It could be better if you explained the error.

korgul

Wonderfull script. It makes me make my mind completly about quittin 2003 for vx (being lazy and awfull at mapping, vx is just whot I needed). I would like,aside from to thanking kylock for posting the script, ask three question.
1)Where I've got to put the credits for the script in my game (it's not a game intended fot pubblic diffusion but it's a private birthdat gift for friend, if it's relevant.)
2)There's a way tu support more than four characters? It would make mu lyfe lot easier with evocation (now to invocate a creature i must have all troops with 2-t invisible monster, using with a skill a common event who makes appear monster 7/8, trasforming it in the conjured creature, giving him a state similar to confusion and dismissing him when all ather enemyes are gone. Troublesome, and I can avoid the conjurend guy frequently hit himself. I really would LOVE to have another way to handle the problem)
3)Is there a way to choose a fixed character to throw with the skill "throw friend"? (IE I need character 4 to throw allways character 3).
Thanks again
PS: I apologise for my terrible english. I'm stranger, and, being monday, I've got an hangover

korgul":2f0pdufc said:
Wonderfull script. It makes me make my mind completly about quittin 2003 for vx (being lazy and awfull at mapping, vx is just whot I needed). I would like,aside from to thanking kylock for posting the script, ask three question.

1)Where I've got to put the credits for the script in my game (it's not a game intended fot pubblic diffusion but it's a private birthdat gift for friend, if it's relevant.)

Most people add credits at the beginning or ending of their game.

2)There's a way tu support more than four characters? It would make mu lyfe lot easier with evocation (now to invocate a creature i must have all troops with 2-t invisible monster, using with a skill a common event who makes appear monster 7/8, trasforming it in the conjured creature, giving him a state similar to confusion and dismissing him when all ather enemyes are gone. Troublesome, and I can avoid the conjurend guy frequently hit himself. I really would LOVE to have another way to handle the problem)

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking about here, but to answer the first question.. yes, make your changes in the first script around line 45.
Code:
  MAX_MEMBER = 4

3)Is there a way to choose a fixed character to throw with the skill "throw friend"? (IE I need character 4 to throw allways character 3).
I'm not sure.  If there is a way to do this at this point, I wouldn't know how.

However, a pattern that I have noticed is the first actor is always the one that is thrown.  Unless the first actor is the one throwing, then the second actor is thrown.  If you only plan for one actor to have the skill, and only one actor to be throw, then I suggest making the thrower actor 1, and the throw-ee actor 2, or just make the actor thrown the first actor.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.