Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Alright, I'm sorry if this is a bad question but, where exactly do I put the dual, double, and triple attack addons? Sorry, I'm not exactly good at scripting.

i know that are a lot of users of this script so i ask first them for this, but if they couldnt help me, the ask go to kylock, well i'm trying to make new moves like addons but theres a problem i dont know all of the features of the script and some dont know how to use, so i want if somebody have some time a detailed tutorial of how to make new moves thanks in advice

what needs changed so that the enemy dies instantly when finally killed instead of waiting for the next turn to die?

right now I was messing around with the boss battle stuff...

and I killed the enemy... it did not collapse right away... it waited till its next turn I guess

Maus

I have a question--- I love the battle system, and although right now it is a little too complicated for me to create my own special moves (I am still reading through the code and figuring out which parts control movement, etc), I was wondering if there could be an add on for ammo-- guns, bows and perhaps other items requiring certain bits of ammo to function? And not only regular attacks would consume ammo but also special skills related to that weapon-- so that when there is no ammo, those skills don't appear.

How would one go about doing that?

darn you got to that before me...

hmm actually that would be a different script... I do not think there is an ammo script yet for vx T_T

oh well

how would I go about making it show skill message pops???
I discovered that
Dargor's custom commands http://rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=43211.0 work with this

heres my problem when using the custom prayer skill I can not see the messages
http://rmxp.org/forums/http://dev.rmxp. ... 94#p452794

also half the time they do random animations such as an attack or an attack/cast animation... but other than that it works

hmm its so confusing
sometimes its like one of the skills is used more than once which is annoying... I dont want em to get healed 3 times... yes 3 times cause for some reason when equiped with 2 weapons it seems to heal 3 times...

and other times only once... its really confusing

I just watched it use my weakest healing prayer as a weapon attack and healed 2 times since they are dual weapon wielders... hmm

T_T
only my 3rd prayer seem to act like spells should...
the 1st and 2nd seem to want to do the following... 1 2 or 3 attack animations that heal the party
each attack animation heals
guess the scripts cant be used together afterall
but still it doesnt display the extra message lol
ok dual wielding is not the problem I think it has something to do with the prayers casting a random one out of the 3 and it sometimes does 1 or 2 attack animations instead and only the spell animation when it uses the last skill

Shut48

how do i get the enemy addon to work? i tried everything the script told me to do and it still shows the whole character graffic.

I have a problem.  I used you demo to begin creating my game.  Everything was working fine.  The only scripts I have added are the advanced title screen script by Dargor, the On-Screen Shop script by Woratana, and Map name pop-up script by Dargor.

I get this error message:

Script 'Sideview1'line 1200: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `skill learn?' for #<Game_Enemy:0x1ce44d8>

after an enemy uses Skill Sword.

I am in Test play.

I also have the enemy gauge, bow , dual attack, double attack, triple attack, and epic battle add-ons.

umm  basicly copy the skills out of the demo... it was 92-104??? or something like that... and give the hero's those skills

What is Cut-in?  My priest knew it, so I wanted to see what it was and the face of one of the people who were not even in my party appeared and flew past the screen...?

hmm dunno I think its a regular attack or something...
it has that image I guess to show the hero's portrait when it attacks...

its actually sorta useless... the portraits so big that it takes alot of the screen and then all the priest does is slash and thats it...

wsensor":10g8985d said:
hmm dunno I think its a regular attack or something...
it has that image I guess to show the hero's portrait when it attacks...

its actually sorta useless... the portraits so big that it takes alot of the screen and then all the priest does is slash and thats it...

think of it as a template, you can easily edit it to whatever you want the image to be, or even set it to be variable based off the actor who attacks.  It's actually a great addition.

Not sure if anyone ran into this or not, but i think its a bug. It occurs in the demo as well.

Spiders has this poison attack, but it requires the "Yumi" animation which is the arrow animation.  It looks awkward.  I tried looking for the source of error in the scripts but the only place I could find Yumi is in kylock ranged script.  If I remove that script, the awkward poison attack remains.  If I remove the animation graphic from the /Graphics/animations, the game breaks when the spiders want to do the poison attck.

Ok for my noobness and future reference, I figured out why poison attack and others used the arrow animation:

You have to assign the correct animation under Database > Skills.

A side note: it seems like the default animation the script uses for animation "Same as normal atk" is the "yumi" animation.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.