Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Okay...

So what about the:

A Forgotten Legend":2w938rz8 said:
I have a problem.  I used you demo to begin creating my game.  Everything was working fine.  The only scripts I have added are the advanced title screen script by Dargor, the On-Screen Shop script by Woratana, and Map name pop-up script by Dargor.

I get this error message:

Script 'Sideview1'line 1200: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `skill learn?' for #<Game_Enemy:0x1ce44d8>

after an enemy uses Skill Sword.

I am in Test play.

I also have the enemy gauge, bow , dual attack, double attack, triple attack, and epic battle add-ons.

So.. should I just make new skill and replicate it or... am I using this improperly.  (I think I may just make a skill... that might be easier...)

My problem is that my animations have a colored block around them. This includes the ones that came with the script demo. The shadows, the sprites, the little hand icon that chooses your opponents. How can I get rid of that? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: >.> nvm I feel stoopid now.... never imported the images correctly XD.

I am very amazed and pleased with this script, thank you for editing and translating it. It should help make games even more fun. xP.

Though, I heard somehow the large party script worked with this, I can't seem to get it working. If anyone could tell me what I need to do or doing wrong that would be really helpful, thanks.

I am using Dargor's Large Party script, along with the party changer and custom commands. I have tried removing 2 scripts and mixing them all around but nothing seem to work right.

Apparently some people have managed to successfully get a large party member with this script, so like I said any suggestions or support would be really helpful, thanks. xP

mudducky":uvfurmfx said:
I am very amazed and pleased with this script, thank you for editing and translating it. It should help make games even more fun. xP.

Though, I heard somehow the large party script worked with this, I can't seem to get it working. If anyone could tell me what I need to do or doing wrong that would be really helpful, thanks.

I am using Dargor's Large Party script, along with the party changer and custom commands. I have tried removing 2 scripts and mixing them all around but nothing seem to work right.

Apparently some people have managed to successfully get a large party member with this script, so like I said any suggestions or support would be really helpful, thanks. xP

MAX_MEMBER= however many people are in your party
Then add to the hash ACTOR_POSITION for coordinates of party members.  It'll take some testing, but not too bad.

I have a 5 man party in my game.  To get you started, I'm using:

ACTOR_POSITION = [[430,140],[480,160],[455,200],[505,220],[480,260]]

For the animated enemies battlers, is there a way to "equip" them with something? Right now, the enemies only attack with unarmed.

what do you mean by You will need to put your standard format animated battler sprites in the Characters folder and use the following naming convention: "$charname_1.png"?????

This is awesome (had a hell of a time copying all the skills and crap to my game tho :mad:  )
I can't seem to find where you edit the ID's for certain animations.  Basically I made some healing spells that I don't want the animation to appear on the caster for....

And also is there a way to control which weapons are used?  I only seem to get the one same type of sword for my new weapons.

Thx!

EDIT:  And also which animations are used w/ each weapon?  I'm guessing it has something to do with the type (I have new types aside from melee and slashing) but I still can't find where to edit this?

EDIT:  Also how to you properly have back attacks occur at random?

ricesteam":1dhktayt said:
For the animated enemies battlers, is there a way to "equip" them with something? Right now, the enemies only attack with unarmed.

At line 1124:
Code:
  def weapon
    case @enemy_id
    when 1
      return 0
    end
    # 上記ã

Gabriot":145d9sjr said:
EDIT:  And also which animations are used w/ each weapon?  I'm guessing it has something to do with the type (I have new types aside from melee and slashing) but I still can't find where to edit this?

EDIT:  Also how to you properly have back attacks occur at random?

Weapon animations are determined by the Animation setting on the Weapons tab in the game database.

Line 96:
Code:
BACK_ATTACK = true
  As long as this is true, random back attacks SHOULD be handled normally.  I've gone over the code, and it is still determined by $game_troop.surprise, as well as switches and items to ensure or disallow back attacks.

Kylock":29rlcwnd said:
Weapon animations are determined by the Animation setting on the Weapons tab in the game database.

I'm talking about like whether or not the character dashes after the enemy or not?  For instance, I made a rapier element which is seperate from the "slashing" element.  All the new items I make that are "slashing" dash after the enemy and hit them, but the "rapier element weapons only take a step foward and slash them.

What I want to know is how do I make the "rapier" element weapons dash at the enemy like the "slashing" ones do?

Gabriot":251kx58m said:
Kylock":251kx58m said:

I'm talking about like whether or not the character dashes after the enemy or not?  For instance, I made a rapier element which is seperate from the "slashing" element.  All the new items I make that are "slashing" dash after the enemy and hit them, but the "rapier element weapons only take a step foward and slash them.

What I want to know is how do I make the "rapier" element weapons dash at the enemy like the "slashing" ones do?

The only elements that are used are in my ranged weapons addon.  Element 5 is used for a ranged attack.  If you are using another element, try checking 1 Melee as well.  That might fix your problem.  If not, I can't help you since I'm pretty sure that's the only thing in the demo that uses elements at all.

Marco":251kx58m said:
That probably uses the cut-in commands.  It can be done, but it will take some playing around with the animation segments.

I have a question I love your 2-man and 4-man skills but when I tried to use them they don't work but they work in the demo.thx...........and please make it urgent because I want them bad.

Kylock... instead of a hash is there a way to make it read an attack animation/weapon or whatever through the enemies note section?

theroseliesdead":2b4eznhj said:
I have a question I love your 2-man and 4-man skills but when I tried to use them they don't work but they work in the demo.thx

Aside for telling you to make sure each character is using a UNIQUE version of each skill, I don't know what else would cause it to not work.  Meaning that each character is using a different version of the active or support skill.

wsensor":2b4eznhj said:
Kylock... instead of a hash is there a way to make it read an attack animation/weapon or whatever through the enemies note section?
No.  I suppose it could be made to work that way, but since the script is already written to work one way, it would be silly to rewrite those functions to do it another way.  In the end, it all amounts to the same effect.

theroseliesdead":1hkg66ub said:
sorry for the nubishness and if you don't mind me asking what's a unique skill
?

There are 4 skills for the 4 man attack.  Make sure each character has each of those skills.  Two characters having the "same" skill will make it not work.

alright tell me if i'm doing anything wrong I have 11 characters and each of them have different classes. The warior class has the 2-man and 4-man attack. now the priest has 4-man assist only and the paladin has the 4 and 2man assist and the dark night has 4man assist only and each have the different skills and still IT DOESN'T WORK :crazy:. what I hope for you to do for me is tell me step by step how to get those skills working if you have the time. If not then it's ok i'll try another way but i gtg in 1 hour so yeah. THX A BUNCH! and if it helps i'm testing the skills on the battle test thingy not actually starting the game and battle random monsters.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.