Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Guardian1239":awe34uhf said:
This is a small error I got when darkness was inflicted with Float.

You should probably explain your error in words.  All I get from the image is that the problem might be that hes not floating.... if that is the case, then it seems to be a limitation of the scripts ability to handle float with other ailments.

Besides that, I know that I've never run into this problem because I don't use float =p

[update]

Addon for enemy animated battlers added.  The script supports it, but it was hidden amongst the Japanese and difficult for non scripters to set up... but not anymore =p  See original post for details!

This is awesome!  I'm not sure why you had it set at [0,250], though.  It makes the battlers fall way below the command bars.  [0,0] seemed to work good for me.  Just an idea: giving enemies the option of having a weapon.

Guardian1239":ccq61vpd said:
This is awesome!  I'm not sure why you had it set at [0,250], though.  It makes the battlers fall way below the command bars.  [0,0] seemed to work good for me.  Just an idea: giving enemies the option of having a weapon.

If 0,0 works, then Ill switch it back, it might have just been some other script I have in my test bed.  Animated battlers, when humanoid, usualy have a weapon included in the sprite, and when they are blobs and stuff, then they don't.  Besides that, the functionality is provided by the original script, all I did was made it easy to interface, so whats there is whats there...

[update]
Added Stationary Monsters addon, see original post.

dude nice work.. just wish you would of mentioned me.. I kinda helped x.x

Can you figure out the animations for the animated charsets and send me that version? Like I said last night, I use the animated charsets with the NAME_1, NAME_2, NAME_3 and I don't know how to set it up. And from what you said you already had it set up..

Great translation Kylock.  I downloaded the 2.4 demo before, but I'm unable to download the 2.6 demo.  box.net is either down too often or my computer hates it.  :cry: If you or anyone else could upload it to another website I'd much appreciate it.

EDIT:  I was finally able to access box.net.  Thanks anyways and nice update.  I can actually shoot arrows from my bow.  :lol:

Hi, just wondering if its possible to use battle backgrounds with this script, and dual attack is an attack that 2 characters use, right?

I think dual attack makes the character attack two different enemies while double and triple attack makes the character attack one enemy twice and three times, respectively.

MistTribe":2ft16hoi said:

Can you figure out the animations for the animated charsets and send me that version? Like I said last night, I use the animated charsets with the NAME_1, NAME_2, NAME_3 and I don't know how to set it up. And from what you said you already had it set up..

Sorry, I'll add you name to the credit.  The settings for those batters are on the usui site in blue text (just untranslated).  I didn't already have it set up, but he does - like I said though, I'll get to them eventually since I plan to use that format for battlers...

RyanAllen":2ft16hoi said:
Hi, just wondering if its possible to use battle backgrounds with this script, and dual attack is an attack that 2 characters use, right?

Yes, I use battle backgrounds in my test bed, they work fine.

Guardian1239":2ft16hoi said:
I think dual attack makes the character attack two different enemies while double and triple attack makes the character attack one enemy twice and three times, respectively.

It's actually just the opposite =p  Dual attack is one enemy twice, while double and triple attack are "random" target.  If you read the "Description" field on the Skills tab, you'll see detailed explanations.

Maus":2ft16hoi said:
I've added all the scripts and gotten rid of all other battle-affecting scripts. But for some reason the 2 man tech attack/assist doesn't happen. I have my first guy who has the attack perform it, and then the next guy who has the assist perform it- but nothing happens. There is a brief flash of the skill name but no attack at all. Any ideas about what could be happening?

I just tested this in my demo to make sure it was still working with all the addons on and it seems to, so I'm guessing there's a possible conflict with another script...  once again, the easiest way to check script compatibility is to add your custom scripts one by one to the demo and try duplicating the problem until you determine which is causing the problem.  Does your 4-man attack work ?  It seems odd that a conflict would only affect the one move...

I keep getting this error no matter what I do while trying to use Enemy Animated Battlers...

"Unable to find file Graphics/Battlers/."

I may be new to scripting but I've tried EVERYTHING, and am still trying to do so. I followed the directions exactly, and tried some things, all to no avail...

To be more extact in me trying everything, yes i put a "$bat_1.png" in "<game folder>\Graphics\Characters\" and a "$bat.png" in "<game folder>\Graphics\Battlers\."  I also edited "ENEMY_ID = [1,2]" in the script, and still got nothing... I also shifted the script around up and down to see if there's a difference, froze a couple of scripts to see if there was a conflict, but nothing.  And after going through multiple different sprites, I kept getting the same error. I keep getting this error and it's pissing me off cause I don't understand it.  If anyone can, please help.  :cry:

EDIT:  Well, this is most unusual.  "$bat" isn't working but "bat" in both Characters and Battlers is.  I think I'm good for now.

Kylock":3uqzxk91 said:
MistTribe":3uqzxk91 said:

Sorry, I'll add you name to the credit.  The settings for those batters are on the usui site in blue text (just untranslated).  I didn't already have it set up, but he does - like I said though, I'll get to them eventually since I plan to use that format for battlers...

RyanAllen":3uqzxk91 said:

Yes, I use battle backgrounds in my test bed, they work fine.

Guardian1239":3uqzxk91 said:

It's actually just the opposite =p  Dual attack is one enemy twice, while double and triple attack are "random" target.  If you read the "Description" field on the Skills tab, you'll see detailed explanations.

Maus":3uqzxk91 said:
I've added all the scripts and gotten rid of all other battle-affecting scripts. But for some reason the 2 man tech attack/assist doesn't happen. I have my first guy who has the attack perform it, and then the next guy who has the assist perform it- but nothing happens. There is a brief flash of the skill name but no attack at all. Any ideas about what could be happening?

I just tested this in my demo to make sure it was still working with all the addons on and it seems to, so I'm guessing there's a possible conflict with another script...  once again, the easiest way to check script compatibility is to add your custom scripts one by one to the demo and try duplicating the problem until you determine which is causing the problem.  Does your 4-man attack work ?  It seems odd that a conflict would only affect the one move...

So, how would you use different battle backgrounds? Like in a forest i want a forest one but in a cave i want a cave one, etc :D

RyanAllen":2dfvmaf2 said:
So, how would you use different battle backgrounds? Like in a forest i want a forest one but in a cave i want a cave one, etc :D

This script doesn't support battle backgrounds.  Maybe I misunderstood you.  What I should have said was that it's compatible with battle background scripts.

Hopefully that clears that up for you.

[update]

Added EPIC BATTLES addon to original post.  Look there for details.

Link in Pink":1cg01yjp said:
First to post on the epic battles ^o^

This is truly epic. Nice job!

Heh, thanks =p

RyanAllen":1cg01yjp said:
What does battle backgrounds addon do and where can i finds it? :3

Since you asked so nicely, I'll give you a nudge in the right direction.
There are a few out there, but I personally prefer DerVVulfman's script.  He's actually made many scripts that bring back XP features to VX, but I digress...
You can find his battlebacks script here: Battlebacks VX or Battlebacks VX.  I have no idea why he didn't post that particular script on this forum....
I also know for a fact it is compatible with this battle system since I use it in my own game =p

Kylock":1q1o7i1p said:
Link in Pink":1q1o7i1p said:
First to post on the epic battles ^o^

This is truly epic. Nice job!

Heh, thanks =p

RyanAllen":1q1o7i1p said:
What does battle backgrounds addon do and where can i finds it? :3

Since you asked so nicely, I'll give you a nudge in the right direction.
There are a few out there, but I personally prefer DerVVulfman's script.  He's actually made many scripts that bring back XP features to VX, but I digress...
You can find his battlebacks script here: Battlebacks VX or Battlebacks VX.  I have no idea why he didn't post that particular script on this forum....
I also know for a fact it is compatible with this battle system since I use it in my own game =p

Thank you very much :3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.