Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Atemu":2ms55uy1 said:
Kylock, would you mind if I reposted this in another forum?  Some people at RMRK were looking for a translation of the original, and this with the add-ons is better.

I don't mind at all.

i have also the problem with the animated battlers, were the character kind of double slashes when he attacks, also he does a weird victory jump instead of the regular victory pose.

The problem you are experiencing is with the way the script processes the animations from the battler sprites.

Feel free to fiddle with the animation settings in the several lines of code that starts with:
Code:
  "WAIT"            => [ 0,  1,  15,   0,   0,  -1,   0, true,"" ],

Basically these tell the script which poses to use for what events.  It's possible by changing some of the other values will produce smoother results.  That part was done, but never perfected as I ended up not using animated battlers in my game.  If you or anyone else finds a configuration that works better, than please post it and I'll credit you and update the top post.

Well, I tried it out for a while (I inserted the script into a game in developement), and there were alot of problems with animations. It was working fine, just a few minor animation problems. One of my skills used two animations instead of one (It used newclear and a costom one I made). Another problem was that, I had one attack that was full screen, and it was ment to only hit enemies, yet, it hit everyone. Also, animations end up playing once per an enemy, instead of once per attack (for skills with more than one target).

That's all I've found wrong with the script, other than that, it works great. I'm hoping you could maybe find the source of these problems, but I'll be patient until then.

Emarrou":2jwb26s9 said:
Well, I tried it out for a while (I inserted the script into a game in developement), and there were alot of problems with animations. It was working fine, just a few minor animation problems. One of my skills used two animations instead of one (It used newclear and a costom one I made). Another problem was that, I had one attack that was full screen, and it was ment to only hit enemies, yet, it hit everyone. Also, animations end up playing once per an enemy, instead of once per attack (for skills with more than one target).

That's all I've found wrong with the script, other than that, it works great. I'm hoping you could maybe find the source of these problems, but I'll be patient until then.

I'm only translating the script.  My intentions are not to modify it in any way.  If you want to request new functionality, then I suggest you post in the requests forum or contact the original author, who's website is linked to in the original post.

As stated before, this system rewrites much of Scene_Battle, so you can expect script compatibility to be harsh and since it uses its own skill processing engine, some custom moves requiring special animations and targeting might have issues.

On a happier note, 2.6 was released earlier this week (I believe) and the new translation is updated in the original post.  This may fix some of your problems, then again, possibly not =/

Announcement:
Updated Translation to version 2.6 of the battle system.
No additional resources or database entries, so you should be good just by copying the scripts over.

Do you know what changes were made in the upgrade?  Did they fix the double attack problem (last I heard, double attack didn't work)?  Also, do we need to update the Ranged Weapon add-on, or is that the same?

Guardian1239":2r0cvetw said:
Do you know what changes were made in the upgrade?  Did they fix the double attack problem (last I heard, double attack didn't work)?  Also, do we need to update the Ranged Weapon add-on, or is that the same?

lol, good questions.
A babelfish translation shows us this!
[ Renewal past record ]
08.5.7 (Ver2.6)
Correcting the trouble where error comes out with enemy weapon setting

08.5.6 (Ver2.5)
In order the damage POP to do in HP increase and decrease command of the event, you improve, strengthen also the interruption of state action
It corresponds to the immortal setting of the event
The weapon of battle impossible grant, correcting the trouble which does not have the effect of skill and the item
The individual command script and combined use of KGC possibly
In single-engine action "the script" addition (, kind of effect which is similar to event command "script")

Ranged Weapon addon still works.

My thoughts are that double attack will never work with this script.  All special melee moves require animations to be defined in the script, and there could eventually be another "addon" for a double attack.

I'm curious to hear from anyone who uses the script though if multiple target slip damage works again - I'm not far enough in my own game to really test it.

I wonder if they will include enemy animations at some point.  Something simple like what was done with characters would be nice.  Then we'd be able to use character sprites or make our own for enemies.  Of course, I'm not sure what the configurations for actors and enemies are.  I'm assuming they're different since actors already have the separation configuration that splits them into the 3x4 grid and enemies are a single graphic.

The code exists in Animated Battlers script I think, for enemy battlers.  I've always thought it wouldn't be that hard to bring over, but since I've never looked, I don't know...

Kafei

I love what you're doing here, this is an excellent script, and having a translated copy is very awesome. Keep up the great work!

I do have a small question though, and it's probably fairly easy... When changing into the cat form, is it possible to change that actor's name as well (and then back after the battle)? I tried doing it with a common event, which works, but if the actor levels up, it displays the changed name rather than the actor's true name, since the name doesn't change back until after the battle is complete. Is there a quick couple lines of code I can add in somewhere to do this?

I only plan on giving this skill to one actor, so you don't have to worry about making exceptions for multiple actors.

I hope it's not too much trouble. I'm not very confident with this scripting style yet, and I don't want to mess something up. Thanks in advance, and thank you for all of your hard work.

Nothing on that site needs translation tbh..

Aside from me knowing Japanese natively..its just mostly tutorials on various things most graphic artists know, like how to make facesets, 'emotion facesets' and so forth.

Dunstan86":3kyfrrt8 said:
I love this script and was browsing around and found a site that has additions to this battle system here's the link:

http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_sidesc.html

It's in japanese but they have animated battlers and a few other things just wondering if you could translate and add them on please.

I was actually looking at this site last night.  This guy is awesome, and seems to have way more experience staring at this script than I.  Unfortunately, some of his script samples reference animations in the database that are not present in the demo for the original script, and he hasn't posted his own demo, so there's no way to access these animations without creating new ones from scratch.  If someone can find a demo that includes these changes, I could have it working with the translated version in no time.

Strangely enough, I happen to have a demo, but unfortunately, it is encrypted. Heh, so close yet so far away.

[update]

Addons for Dual Attack, Double Attack, and Triple Attack are now available.  Please see the Original Post for scripts.

Guardian1239":r08cxa1t said:
Awesome!  Thanks for taking the time to do them!
Lol trust me when I say that my scripts are for my benefit as much as anyone elses =p
My game is my main source of motivation.  But yes, I do appreciate your appreciation - thanks. :D

Oh, and I also forgot to mention that the ranged attacks are animated now.  You get a neat little flying arrow when you shoot your bow! horray!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.