Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Heh, it seems that I missed more than the one "End" - hopefully this fixes more than we've tested so far.  Anyway, the moves that were reported broken are now working.  I also added the picture for the cut-in to the demo.  The move looks pretty useless, but I'm sure someone will find a use for it.  Anyway, demo, changelog, and version have changed in the first post.

Enjoy.

amazing script! one question tough, is there a way to make a different animation for the 2-man 4man techniques? for example turning of the animation from the sscript and setting the skills to a custom made animation in the database?

el_autor":xyse2037 said:
amazing script! one question tough, is there a way to make a different animation for the 2-man 4man techniques? for example turning of the animation from the sscript and setting the skills to a custom made animation in the database?

To do what you are saying would require you to create a new spell effect in the ANIME hash linking the new effect to the animation you want to use and make a completely new animation sequence in the ACTION hash, but you could use the existing 2-man sequence as a base to get started.  If you are able to do all that, you can use my Ranged Weapons addon as a template to make your new move distributable.  I've translated quite a bit of the comments that tell you where what goes, but if anyone can add more completeness, let me know!

It would be neat to have a few custom moves from people.  This script really has alot of potential for growth even in that direction.

Praise god for Translations... I'll look further into the details when i get back to my desktop :( Ah travel, the double edged sword for innternet addicts like myself..

CERU

Are you sure it's called the "Sozai" battle system?

Sozai means material in Japanese. o_O; Its likely thats what category it was under on the webstie.

CERU":2t3uord8 said:
Are you sure it's called the "Sozai" battle system?

Sozai means material in Japanese. o_O; Its likely thats what category it was under on the webstie.
heh, while it's possible that it's not the name of it, the original poster on the Japanese version thread, Yazus, called it that.  I kept it because I figured we needed to call it something other than Side View Battlesystem, since that's pretty generic.  If you have any better ideas for what to call it, I'd be glad to hear em  :smile:

Pretty good translation you have here, and the add-on is superb.  One thing that confuses me though is that in version 2.4 if you have multiple enemies with slip damage it only shows one number on one enemy, in version 2.2 it shows the slip damage number on all enemies infected.  Any idea what they changed in the script to cause this?  I really want to use 2.4 so I can use the add-on to have thrown and ranged weapons, but the multiple slip-damage does not work.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Arment":2t40ze2w said:
How do i add new battlers to this script. I have looked everywhere for the place to do it but can't find ite

For the RTP battlers, export a character set, right click, rename, and put a $ at the beginning of the name.

For Minkoff battlers, erase the background color if there is one, right click, rename, and add a $ in front of the name.

Minkoffs require the script above, and use search or Google to find the battlers.

Tyvm Zarik I probably would have been going through the scripts forever looking for the spot to change it. Quite an impressive script this one is. Easy to use, Impressive Results, and Even more fun to play around with.

The Wizard":3rf511bi said:
Pretty good translation you have here, and the add-on is superb.  One thing that confuses me though is that in version 2.4 if you have multiple enemies with slip damage it only shows one number on one enemy, in version 2.2 it shows the slip damage number on all enemies infected.  Any idea what they changed in the script to cause this?  I really want to use 2.4 so I can use the add-on to have thrown and ranged weapons, but the multiple slip-damage does not work.  Any help or insight would be appreciated.

I have no idea what slip damage is.

devildesk":3rf511bi said:
I can't find any of the code I need to replace in the script.

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.

I'd like to help... but I just don't know.

The script looks and plays great. I just have two problems, though. One, if the dual attack or double attack skills are supposed to show multiple attacks, that isn't happening. Two (and more annoyingly), every skill I use is preceded by the Rise2 animation. Do you have any idea as to why this is happening?

Slip damage is basically a poison type effect where HP is lowered by 10% every round an enemy or character is affected by the state.  I figured out how to make ranged and throwing weapons for 2.2 so I'm not in such a need of help anymore but thanks just the same.  I'm still curious as to why they are different in each version, the code is virtually the same in all three parts.

devildesk":14jg80u2 said:
Ok I can't find the code that your supposed to replace so I can use the animated battlers.

In the first post of this thread, there is a spoiler called:  "Configuration changes for animated battlers" 
That, I believe, is what you are looking for.

The Wizard":1m1v4tqd said:
Slip damage is basically a poison type effect where HP is lowered by 10% every round an enemy or character is affected by the state.  I figured out how to make ranged and throwing weapons for 2.2 so I'm not in such a need of help anymore but thanks just the same.  I'm still curious as to why they are different in each version, the code is virtually the same in all three parts.

Yeah, between the various versions, I've myself noticed that there isn't really any glaringly HUGE changes in the code.  They do in fact look pretty similar.  The fact that you were able to modify the addon to work with 2.2 is impressive, that means you have a general understanding of how the script works.  It saves me the trouble of explaining how to do such a thing, hopefully until 2.5 is released =p  It's a strange error, but they seem to be pretty good about fixing things.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.