Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

Fadingwings: 

To fix your problem, make a sprite sheet of ONLY the one character for your battler.  Then, name the file witha  $ first.  That will clear it up for you.  For instance, you should have 4 rows of 3 sprites and a file name like $hero.png or the like.

Chronnopro:  AWESOME!  I can't wait to see what they improved with it.  :D

EDIT: Looks like they just made a few minor edits in 2.7:

Cost of skills was not functioning properly fixed
Damage to reverse absorption and absorb damage not working right fixed
Some of the non-working combat events now supported

ok ive done that thanks, and now that problem is fixed but now my first character just has one big shadow and you cant see him in battle.

Fadingwings: 

Make sure that your character's sprites have been set in the main menu.  For instance, if you have a character where you select class or whatever, then update the character sprite after to reflect that, then you probably just have a blank one to begin with.  I've seen the same thing when the graphics are not set right.  If that doesn't fix it, tell me where I can get a copy of what you've done with your game and I'll help you debug some.  :)

For some reason my Enemies attack animation is always the animation for V Slash.
Does anyone know why? is it to do with the skills or animation database.
I'm maybe missing the obvious :S

By default, the game will use animation 1 as the enemy attack action.  There is a section of the side view that addresses this and lets you change it:

Code:
def base_action
    case @enemy_id
    when 1
      return "ENEMY_UNARMED_ATK"
    end
    # 上記ã

Remember what the directions say -- you can't use a spritesheet for your characters.  Use a single sprite block designated with a $before the name of the image file.  Look in the character folder of the demo and see how the character images are there.

I've been having trouble with the animated battlers. I really want some of my enemies to have animations and I've followed the directions in the script header to the word. Yet it won't work for me.

[Edit] I tinkered with it and finally got it to work.

Arment":1icer2qv said:
I've been having trouble with the animated battlers. I really want some of my enemies to have animations and I've followed the directions in the script header to the word. Yet it won't work for me.

[Edit] I tinkered with it and finally got it to work.
I bet you had the same problem as me, not hard to fix if you know were to look.

After some playing around I figured how to do regenerative/degenerative skills for HP or MP.

Basically go and make a state for each that you wish to have (e.g. Regenerate HP) then in the first part of the script go to line
1274 where you should see something like

when 2  # 毒
      return ["スリップDAMAGE"]

This is stating which states are defined as slip damage either with + or - numbers, in this case 2 so for instance if you want state 18 to be your regenerate HP state then add the number 18 after the 2 so it looks like

when 2,18  # 毒
      return ["スリップDAMAGE"]

Now you'll still have to do more so scroll down to line 1302 where it should show

when 2  # 毒
      return [["hp", 0, 10, true, true]]

This is basically saying when state 2 is inflicted (poison by default) it affects HP the 0 after HP is base damage the state does per round, the 10 after that represents the % hp damage is done per round.  The first true represents if you want the numbers to pop up affecting profit or loss of hp, the 2nd true represents whether the state can cause death.  So you can configure those to how you like you can replace HP with MP if you like and the 2nd number in brackets to - to show how much is healed per round.  So if you make this regenerate HP you should do this below the poison state.

when 18  # 毒
      return [["hp", 0, -10, true, false]]

Almost done now go down to line 1400-1424 and make sure that none of the when statements below that match the skill ID's of your new regenerative/degenerative skills.

That's it, hope someone finds that useful.

Is there anyway for enemies to use weapons, sort of like how the hero's do?  Especially when I am using the enemies to look like the characters.

Ok...i like..would love if i cud get the script but ehmm..V_V..when i try to open the demo..it says failed to load
actor data o_O..would anyone help me here..or i will bump u all..i have warned you O_O

I was just curious to see if there is a part of the script that your are able to edit so that different monsters have different attack animations?

if so would someone be able to point it out please.

the only way i can see is if you mod the actual script although i am no scripter.

anyway ty for earlier i got it solved ^^

This is the biggest help, EVER. I've needed a side-view battle system for so long and holy crap you've saved my life.

The only problem I'm having is that although the game itself runs fine, the RMVX Project won't open. When it tried, it says that is "Failed to load Actor Data". What does that mean? Any help? Please?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.