Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + A

van helblaze":38sdo95y said:
Ghostxpo":38sdo95y said:
I implemented the Enemy animation script, I made both enemy requirement (actor, and enemy) or something, and during the fight all is well until the enemy attacks with either a skill or normal attack or anything, and it errors me.

Script 'Sideview 1' line 963: TypeError occured.
cannot convery Array into Integer

the line is this:

@wait = $data_animations[anime_id].frame_max * 3 if $data_animations[anime_id] != nil && @active_action[4]
      waitflug = true

if anyone can help me out it would be very appreciated
do you have the two copies of the enemies images?

I think I do, by two images do you mean the same image except one in battlers folder called $<name>.png and one in characters called $<name>_1.png? the 1 being the enemy ID?

I just downloaded the system and am haveing a porblem with sprites. I go to make a new enimy but, when play testing it shows up as th normal VX flat battlers. How do you add new enimy sprites to the system? (asking because I couldn't find answer in earlyer posts.)

hmm now thats what I was not sure of either...
NunoAle I wish I could find out... hmm... actually... setting an element to the skill could do it? not sure actually... hmm

tuti05

Final-Rom. Theres a script in the beginning of this topic called Enemy Animated Battlers, use that. And there's another script for the main characters in the beginning of this topic.

Ghostxpo":g4nrmd51 said:
van helblaze":g4nrmd51 said:
Ghostxpo":g4nrmd51 said:
I implemented the Enemy animation script, I made both enemy requirement (actor, and enemy) or something, and during the fight all is well until the enemy attacks with either a skill or normal attack or anything, and it errors me.

Script 'Sideview 1' line 963: TypeError occured.
cannot convery Array into Integer

the line is this:

@wait = $data_animations[anime_id].frame_max * 3 if $data_animations[anime_id] != nil && @active_action[4]
      waitflug = true

if anyone can help me out it would be very appreciated
do you have the two copies of the enemies images?

I think I do, by two images do you mean the same image except one in battlers folder called $<name>.png and one in characters called $<name>_1.png? the 1 being the enemy ID?

That part of the script is wrong.  It worked for me when I did this:

In \Graphics\Characters\ i put $<enemy_name>.png
In \Graphics\Battlers\ i put $<enemy_name>.png

Just remove the _<enemy_id> and it should work.

While reading through the untranslated portion of the script, I found some pretty interesting things.  Pretty much all of my questions about this script have been answered.  Yahoo's Babelfish + Firefox's Rikaichan plugin = WIN

psymastr":3go6374a said:
While reading through the untranslated portion of the script, I found some pretty interesting things.  Pretty much all of my questions about this script have been answered.  Yahoo's Babelfish + Firefox's Rikaichan plugin = WIN

Do you care to share the interesting things with us?

Sure.  I originally started going through this as I wanted to use version 2.7 and since Kylock seems to be Missing in Action for the past 2 weeks or so now, I decided to start translating it myself.  Only thing is I can't really offer support for it.  I am almost done translating the first file, and I want to read through and translate the second and third file as well.
I also translated the demo that comes from the Japanese site, but I don't have permission to distribute it.

Here is what I found so far:
Basically, if you are using enemy animated battlers (same sprites as characters), you notice that their shadow looks different from your characters, which takes away from the effect (its just the shadow01 made bigger, and in a weird position).

To fix this:
Look around line 1120ish (not sure as I added/removed lines in my personal translation) for def shadow and add a case:
Code:
    when 33
      return "shadow00"
Where 33 is the enemy ID of the enemy that you want to have as an animated battler.
Now, that will change the shadow, but it won't fix that the shadow is in the middle of the enemy (graphically unpleasing... no... its like ripping my eyes out!)

So, look a bit below this around 1140ish (again, not sure as i have many custom enemies with their shadow's altered) for def shadow_plus. Now, add this bit:
Code:
    when 33
      return [0, 4]
again for enemy ID 33 (assuming enemy 33 is an animated battler).

This will offset the shadow the same as the character sprites to make the shadow appear as normal as well.

Another thing I found pretty cool (Not 100% sure on this, but as I mingled around with the code, I am pretty sure) is position_plus (around 1190s).

You can add an array containing [x,y] for each enemy to change their hitbox, so lets say you have a massive enemy, and don't want the characters attacking the middle of the image, but instead the head of the enemy, or something...  This will let you change that.

Another thing is collapse_type.  That is right below position_plus.  This allows you to change the way the enemies die.  Its set up in the standard:
Code:
case @enemy_id
when X #(where x is enemy ID)
return BLAH #(where BLAH is an option)

And the options for that are this:
  • return 1 - Enemy doesn't leave the screen
  • return 2 - Enemy leaves the screen as normal
  • return 3 - Special Boss type collapse animation (What this does is it wavys the enemy and it slowly collapses into the bottom of the screen.

Another thing is if you want your enemies to attack more then once in a turn, you can look at def action_time (right below collapse_type)
The syntax for that is this:

when ENEMY_ID
      return [Frequency, Probability, NOT_SURE (補正)]

Frequency - Number of times per turn you want the enemy to attack
Probability - Number (out of 100) chance the enemy attacks more then once in that turn (set to 100 to make it always)
NOT_SURE (補正) - Not really sure what this does, it apparently effects something that decreases.

NOTE: THE ENEMY FREQUENCY THING IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DARGOR'S ACTION ORDER SCRIPT!

And a ton of more stuff.  Im sure its easy to figure most of this out, but I decided to share anyway.

EDIT:  There is also some use images for weapons and projectiles and stuff.
EDIT2: There is also some cool stuff about instead of MP for skills, it changes it to HP reduction instead, and also if a skill were to cost lets say 10MP, and your character's max MP was 500, then the skill would cost 50MP as it changes the number from a set MP cost to a ratio out of max MP, so instead of 50MP it would take 250MP.  Also can be done with MP that is left, like your max MP is 500, but you have 220MP left, then if the skill costs 10MP change to 10% of 220 = 22MP.  Interesting.

Why when ever I try to open the game to get the script a message appears saying failed to load actor data. Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how I can fix it

Thanks for sharing that  psymastr.

What I have noticed after examining carefully what you found is you can make the enemies have the same graphical weapon as when the characters attack the enemies.

Example. When Ralph attacks an enemies with a club is shows a graphic for a club.

To make enemies show a club when they attack edit the following.

First go to line 1146ish where it says

Code:
  def weapon
    case @enemy_id

Edit it to fit your needs.
For example if I wanted enemy ID 4 to have the clubs I would change it to

Code:
 def weapon
    case @enemy_id
    when 4
      return 1
    end
    # 上記ã

It's a small problem but I would like to know how to fix it. When the enemies attack my characters with what I asume to be a ranged attack an arrow would appear on my characters for one second. Is there a way I can fix this problem?

Thank you.

I was also messing around with updating Kylock's Script to 2.7 by using a difference program and finding the changes.  What I found out is that 2.7 DOES fix the forced action bug, but when patching kylocks to 2.7, it still exists... hmm...

This has been asnwered so many freaking times. Just go back a few pages and find the solution. SERIOUSLY did you even look before you posted? FLAME FLAME

Axehel":1hj2a9c3 said:
hey, how do u turn off the "shadow" on the floor ?

(not the battler shadows but the big shadow on the ground)
I think you can turn it off in a default script, or you can export the img, open it up in paint or what ever you use.  ctrl+A to select all and delete it, save the img and reupload it into your game making all of the img transparent.  Though their might also be a place in the script to change it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.