Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Aerial Linear Motion Battle System AKA Tales Of destiny DC BS - PAUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
small pause in the progression
as i'm working on a bigger project (french game project for the moment, but i might do a translation later on ) ) and working on requests as well :p. The good thing is not in pause for nothing, as most of the stuff i'm doing in this project, will be usefull for this CBS!

So don't worry people, it's not going to be dropped! Be patient!

well you can be sure it's worth it...
what if i tell you that, the project i'm working on , contains polygon shaped physics? having gravity, friction or bounce features? what if it's about a platform action game made under VX, were you attack in realtime well
where it's basically a battle in tales of but with platforms.... and no camera zoom.. I'm sure you will appreciate a physics engine under VX.

Well... Even with all of that... You're still making the original Tales thing you're working on without platforms and with camera... Right?

jaydenfox, I think you should chill out a bit. I know you are excited (same here) but we must wait. In fact, this physics engine mixed in with the tales thing sounds interesting, maybe even more so than the original! Could you imagine what that could be like?

Besides, I am trying to see if a TFG (Tales fighting game) can be made from this. I've played others, but I  was left wanting more, like a story line, support characters during fights, playing as famous monsters from other tales of games, an original character for this game...it goes on and on!

One thing that could be about the original char is that he admires the other heroes and wants to be like them. He goes under training and blah, blah, blah. I was thinking that he learns different techniques but can't even do a majinken/demon fang! I mean, at least until later.

You know, stuff like that.It's like TOTWRM but 2d and possibly more characters and a better story line. I think it's a good idea, but I don't know if I should go through with it.

Question.
With the special attacks, would it be possible to make special frames for the enemy when he/she/it is hit by the attack so that they react a certain way?

WOW i'll be honest that looks extremely complicated. Im not sure you can really do that on rmvx. O yea can any1 tell me some tales of destiny that are in english if there are any

apkx24

"besides, I am trying to see if a TFG (Tales fighting game) can be made from this. I've played others, but I  was left wanting more, like a story line,"

what games!? i didnt know they had any.... your not talking about the official games such as tales of phantasia, tales of destiny, etc?

and about how far has this script gotten to completion? its been a Long time since you started

Mirku

Sponsor

Trebor is very busy with his personal life. And after that he's making some scripts for me as well.
Since I actually pay him  :grin:
But as he said, he will finish it, you just have to have patience.

So stop posting this "Bawww when will it be done!!!11!" Crap.

apkx24

dude i am not complaining about when its done, chill the hell out lol
and its good that hell complete it... eventually, all i care is that its within my lifespan, you know

Mirku

Sponsor

I didn't direct it at you personally so you should 'chill the hell out'.
I just said that no more people should ask him when it's finished, because that's simply annoying.

Annoying and immeasurable. If you factor in his paid script requests, his personal life, his other projects, etc, you can't really tell when it's coming out at all, and neither can he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.