Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Aerial Linear Motion Battle System AKA Tales Of destiny DC BS - PAUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

apkx24

"contains polygon shaped physics? having gravity, friction or bounce features?" dude thatd be so awesome,
you should surely implement this into your linear motion battle system
friction, kind of like when you turn a corner you have to skid on the ground? awesome
also i have an idea - permanant scarring of battleground (atleast for battle) if you use fire, itd be cool if you could make it to where you can possibly burn a tree for example, and that tree would remained burnt for the remainder of the battle.
also, how about blood effects? like when you fight humans, its realistic when you slash them they bleed, and the blood remains on the ground. ive never seen that in any rpg 2d game, thatd be beast
maybe you should accept donations, if thatd help you actually complete your project, maybe in under a year? lol its been a while.... cant w8

nah i'm sorry, even wouldn't me make work faster on this.
First you can read my news in the castlevania topic, and it should make you happy about this CBS.

For the other stuff... can be made easily with animations, and for the scarring of battleground, not really interested into it, it's nothing that awesome...  lol

Pardon, if I've necroposted. But, very nice script! Looks clean and simple, but there's only one thing, possibly you could sum it all up? I don't understand what this is useful for, I'm sure it is for something, but I don't no. Possibly, finish the scripts aswell as explain it? Very nice, keep it up.

P.S. Now, you're doing scripts? Before, I thought you would only do it for pay.

yeah i only do it for pay,
but i'm closed for the moment...

and this topic is a Work IN progress, showing my progression ( currently paused as said in the title) for a tales of CBS.

I suppose it should work wonderful for creating a Star Ocean: Blue Sphere game......
If is it posible to change the screen resolution to that of a gameboy colour´s one....
If it is possible, can you make the screen resolution interchangable, or something<---question

Oh, thank you, smoothly, deliciously, candidly  and nicely  ^^

This script is one of the most, if not THE most epic scripts for RMVX. Good work.

But it looks like customizing this would be a real pain >.<

Is this still paused? Last time you gave up a... Eh... Pause update? Whatever... Last time you told us it was paused was in October. Are you still booked, Trebor?

Yes i'm still booked! Dude you don't know how much personal work I've got from my Uni projects.
-> a 30s 3D animation for a wargame intro, with advanced aspect in it ( use of motion capture, particles, physics etc... )
-> A complete game interface working in flash for a 2D scroll shooter
-> I'm the 2D artist in a workgroup to create a 2Dscroll shooter ( the same as previous)
-> then comes my personal project who have to be finished in march, which is the VphysX project so I can hopefully Mix uni work with RM.

that's for the uni part.
then there is my project with Wizard, the castlevania one, who requires a physics engine the one i'm doing as uni project. But I'm also, the story writer, the character designer, and of course scripter.
Then I need some free time,which isn't much, to have a life...

So yes I'm sorry, this is still paused, It'll be resumed, when
-> VphysX is done, which will be in march. Got no choice, it's a Uni dead line.
-> Castlevania doesn't require me too much, which will be .. I don't know when.
My estimation are... well... nothing until this mid-summer at least.

Yaxor

Man I want this script badly.

I mean Tales of Destiny DC battle system is the best ever.
I hope you get on the script soonly.

^^

Sorry, i made a stupid question, but...
i suppose it is possibleto /halve the resolution, right?
a GB one´s is waaaay to low, it is 144x120, i think, but half would be cool, even why Star Ocean 2´s resolution was 320x240.

That's not the aim of this script to change the resolution just for the battle system... and i don't think there would be much space to see the whole interface + battlers and stuff properly with a 320*240 window, especially with today's screen resolutions. And it would be even less prettty in fullscreen... ( xD yeaaah fat black stripes all around ! )

I'm going to ask a moderator to close this topic until i restart the development of this script^^. :wink:

Just send Arbiter a PM when you are ready for this again ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.