Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Aerial Linear Motion Battle System AKA Tales Of destiny DC BS - PAUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should config keys on both sides of the key board (asdw , Arrow keys) so it can be two player! Also you should make an ability so two friends can fight each other with there characters! (Like one person uses a character form your party and your friend the other!) This way you can compeat with your friends in that old school 2d fighting (nothing better then it!) Anyway thats just my input on 2 ways to make it 2 player.

There are a small number of tales fighting games, but they are not official ones from namco. I really wish namco would make one. some are ACS, EXF, cross calibur, tales of mugen, etc. search on youtube. that's how I downloaded them.

Sonicfan1012, you are correct. it is very complicated and time consuming. that is why I'm questioning whether to do it or not.

Necro_100000, your first idea is most likely what I would do, but I don't fully understand your second idea.

Mirku, how do you pay someone? Through what method? Is it paypal or something? I don't fully understand the procedure.

He's paying me through paypal^^.

Guys it's a tales of battle system, on RPG Maker VX... don't hope for 2 players things xD
For the Key binding stuff, i can do that( I already did in my Castlevania project(one day i'll show it here), but i won't expand to the keyboard... Just with the default keys ( basically you choose which default key do what.)

damn i was working on something like this, i already got my player walking and running and slashing in the air stuff. but its seems like you are already have far progress. oh well. Btw i think it would be easier to have the sprite in one whole image, in all his attack and defense and other movement shit, like the one in minkoff battler format, then src_rect.set whatever in intervals, instead of using animations.

ahah ^^ well have trust me^^ using animations is far more efficient, and customizable.

I've created (for the castlevania projec) a character class, that uses animations, in "an optimized" way, meaning, that: instead of having an empty sprite, where is displayed the animation over it ( which by default produced, no matter how many "cells" there are in 1frame, 15 sprites) ,
you only got 1 sprite where is displayed the only 1st cell of an animation.
It's also using src_rect, (look at sprite_base in rmvx) as any system that use spritesets. It's just, for performance reasons, it's less costly to use several small than 1 big bitmap.
When there are loads of different animations (like in tales of, or castlevania) for a character, it's better to use several animation spritesheets.

Actually having this special class, allows me to have animations over the animated sprite itself if needed.(like the original system: you can have an animation over the charset for example)

dude anyway i tried your pixel collision script. it was working perfectly at first
( a bit laggy though ) but then it doesnt.
i mean there was a time one sprite is directly on top of the other, but no collision happens. when i studied your script though... i think i found what went wrong. (i dunno, maybe im the one wrong. tell me when i am so)
look at this:
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p419 ... atever.jpg[/img]
of course, left of sprite 1 == to orect.x. therefore, the script will make offset2_x = sprite2.width-orect.width
but, sprite2.width is 200 and orect is 100 so the offset2_x will be 100. if thats the case, the scan in sprite 2 would (starting from x = 0 + offset2_x of sprite 2) cover this area:
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p419 ... ever-1.jpg[/img]
a lil bit off the overlappping rectangle.

what do you think? am i wrong?

hum :p you're arguments looks right^^ and if it's what's happening, then you must be right^^ ,
But to tell you the truth:p, i'm not using a pixel perfect collision system^^anymore. well, not at least using "scanning" through sprite's bitmaps. It's way too expensive.

I'm using instead a polygon based system^^; ( polygon defined by a mask picture file), using the famous SAT thing. (Separating Axis theorem), it's much better, faster, and allows better collision response.

anyway i guess it should work if "offset2_x - orect.x"

EDIT, and this script is slightly out of date compared to the actual one^^

yeah, i agree it is kind of slow. the SAT thing would be more faster.
although, i figured this out last night so im still posting,

offset1_x = overleft == left1 ? 0 : orect.x-self.x
    offset1_y = overtop == top1 ? 0 : orect.y-self.y
    offset2_x = overleft == left2 ? 0 : orect.x-sprite2.x
    offset2_y = overtop == top2 ? 0 : orect.y-sprite2.y

its works if you use x,y coordinates instead of width and height

You can use any spriteset, as long as you convert them to fit the battle animations requirements. which means, 1frame is 192*192, with 5 frame per line so a 960*(192*nb_lines) file.

then thats going to look a bit pixelish when you stretch it. if the image is scaled down too small to fit 192*192 (this is the reasn why i was suggesting an image instead of animation)

omegazion":1kjhnuua said:
then thats going to look a bit pixelish when you stretch it. if the image is scaled down too small to fit 192*192 (this is the reasn why i was suggesting an image instead of animation)
well, that's not my problem if the graphics looks pixelish or not. but the sprite, doesn't have to use the full 192*192. it's way to big for a character, on the screen.
Look at my castlevania project, on the vids, the character isn't pixelish, it's actually not edited at all. I just changed to the spritesheet so the frames are every 192px.

trebor777":2kbb7tte said:
You can use any spriteset, as long as you convert them to fit the battle animations requirements. which means, 1frame is 192*192, with 5 frame per line so a 960*(192*nb_lines) file.
Wow, that's awesome!
Good luck! ^w^

I'd like to help with the default HUD Graphical Stuff and Menu Selection and whatnot that can involve graphical stuffs
But if a certain member was already on work with it...
then better luck next time for me xD,
I really like to support this battle system project

anyway just want to give you a hand ^^
check my sample works if you want > www.hanzokimura.deviantart.com
i've been in logo makings but i can do stuffs using photoshop...

but if im not gonna be useful for you
i'll just go watch this system to be finish

Impressive 3Dish effect on the video ^^ i like it so far

~Hanzo

Woot thx lonewolf, I accept your help with pleasure, though there is no hurry right now, I'm not working on it for the moment as I'm working on my castlevania project.

You got a really cool logo gallery, I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.