Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Aerial Linear Motion Battle System AKA Tales Of destiny DC BS - PAUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verdeni":218lz7it said:
Luckily for everyone looking to make original sprites, These sprites were taken from Taled of the World 3 for the GBA, and I'm currently working on making templates for every weapon possible along with animation for attacks. =]

while your doing that I could resume my summon night sprite project, since summon nights also a sideview game like this

trebor777":32865l4n said:
well why not, I don't have the soundtrack of this tales of (and Galbadia hotel seems to be down). So you could make me "discover" it. ;)

Actually, I have the theme downloaded (it's from Galbadia).  I could rehost on my box account, if you'd like.

So, you're basically going to make this like a regular Tales battle system? Like, double-tap the arrow to run, press a button a few times to do a combo, and pressing up and the attack button does something different than just pressing the regular attack... Right?

Yazus

Tales of BS is hawt. Can't wait.

Also, i hope for the combo system to be fluid and lagless, if it is, this is gonna be THE Battle System.

Anyays, bring it on Trebor :)

trebor777":2he5l94j said:
xD no i'm going to do a turn based system ! It's going to be a Dragon Quest one with front view and everything!

... I don't buy that. Sarcasm = evil... Unless I'm the one using it of course :wink:

I'm looking forward to this!

I can't get your video to work. All I get is the audio, it's strange.

Anyway, I wonder if I could make a Megaman X RPG with this...Zero wouldn't be that hard to fit into a Tales battle system...

if i start accepting suggestions I'll never be able to finish this xD
but i'll try to make as customizable as possible. or at least easy to use, in order to make it easy to customize.

After you finish v1.0 (any guestimated release date?), will you work on making more, and take suggestions? Or will you just leave it at that and say that other people can add as long as they credit the original work (if even that)?

I like this idea its simple yet effective...P.S. if you could have a menu pull for if you wanna use skills it might help also maybe an option to allow people to change the keys so they can get it. It would be cool... P.S. someone made this for XP

What do you mean by a menu pull? is it the menu during battles? if so , then yes there will be the menu where you change you're skill and keys associations. and all the other stuff.

Anyway, a small piece of script that can be usefull for other people, for the inputs. it allows to detect if you quickly double tap or not on a direction, and do the stuff you want.
Remember in battles, when you quickly double tap on a direction the controlled character starts running.

this script allows that, simply replace the comments "#do ..." by the stuff you want.
to be placed into a method called each frame, ensuring that it's called after Graphics.update and Input.update:

Also, you will notice that it also works if you quickly tap left then right or right then left.

This piece of code is RMXP compatible

Code:
  if !Input.press?(Input::RIGHT) and !Input.press?(Input::LEFT)
    @run = false
    @walk = false
  end

if @run
    #do ...

end
  if @walk
    #do ...

end
  if !@run and !@walk
     #do...
  end

if !@i.nil?
    @i+=1
    if (@i<15 and (Input.repeat?(Input::RIGHT) or Input.repeat?(Input::LEFT)))
      @run = true
      @walk = false
      return
    elsif @i>=15
      @i = nil
    end
  end
  if (Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) or Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT)) and !@run and @i.nil?
    @i = 0
    @walk = true
  end

apkx24

omg sweet dude ive ALWAYS wanted a battle system like this omg

can u make it to where you can customize the delay in between attacks?
like in ToD it takes forever like a second wait after attacking

also can u have it to where you can customize move speed, how much animation frames you have for each action (less for ezer to make game) and also can u update ur first post when you finish lol so its ezer for ppl to d/l?

holdup, w8 u sed ur NOT mking this alluvasudden ur makeing a turn based system???? wtf dude u HAVE to stick with wat u said ur gonna do.
the tales battle system is godly, i swear when u make that one that'd be the best script ever made for vx

Dude, he was kidding about the turn-based thing... It was to emphasize the obvious by using completely transparent sarcasm... It was undeserved; I was just trying to get things straight  :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.