Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Aerial Linear Motion Battle System AKA Tales Of destiny DC BS - PAUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned":2xbhuulg said:
it is awesome... you will make it able to use minkoff white tyes stile battlers?
i think it's very difficult to order the battler in minkoff format, why dont use ccoa battler instead like fmbs on xp

An impressive understaking, and if it turns out like anything the actual game (i.e. awesome), I'll totally use it despite how hard it'll be to work with probably.

Verdeni":3ukk7bx3 said:
yeaaah my first "when will it be out?"

dude the more you ask, the more you'll wait.

OMG wut? 0.o  Isn't that a little immature?

Rule of thumb: Don't bother the person delivering an eventual service with things like "when will it be out?"

So, I'd say it's perfectly justified to be annoyed. Especially this early in the process.

I agree in a sense but it can't be called annoying him if the question was asked once.  I think it was pretty immature but that's just me.  The guy was only asking when trebor plans to have enough progress to release it.

just wondering, is this possible with rgss1?

Idk much about scripting, but I can guess that rgss2 would be stronger, oh well, this'll definetly make vx funner XD

Zeriab

Sponsor

It looks very nice Trebor and I like the pixel collision script you made.
I wish you good luck with your battle system ^_^

*hugs*
- Zeriab

trebor777":3op9ezhg said:
yeaaah my first "when will it be out?"

dude the more you ask, the more you'll wait.

Please everyone be patient and hope for the best. Stop embarassing trebor777 with those questions as "when it will be out"  and instead answer his questions to help him in his project. The more time he take the more perfect the system will be and remebers guys, if you won't stop bothering him, he may decide to not release it to public so be cool everyone and like I said be Patient

Good luck trebor777 in your work, I will always be here to help you when you ask questions and I hope everyone will do the same.

Have a nice day everyone!

oh :p got something I've noticed in rmvx, that was in rmxp before:
- you can't have loop animations without scripting.

so well :p i'll try to change that!
I'll also, create a "pause" feature, so you can pause an animation whenever you want it in your script(and it'll also pause a battler action).  So you can do those awesome moment where everything stop except a hero, casting a huge technique. and then everything is back to normal.

About my "Reaction"
yes it was the first but if you don't do it on the first then everybody will do it... and as i did other scripts before I had similar comments. So I'm just super annoyed and over-reacting with those kind of comments.

Eh i'm going to put a penalty system! That's going to be awesome:
Each time someone asks me to "when is it released?", i'll count it, then multiply it by 2, that'll give you a number of days.
When I'll be completly finished, I'll wait this number of days to release it.

I'm going to put a counter in the 1st post (we already have 1)

AHA I'm a genius, :lol: I should have think of this rule before! :grin:

Thanks Zeriab and the other people wishing me luck

wow trevor thats a goood way to kick leechers off... i told you by msn i admire you and im waiting, if you need help with writing and mapping in any of ur projects ill help ya! only tell me by msn

trebor777":1wgnkc1l said:
oh :p got something I've noticed in rmvx, that was in rmxp before:
- you can't have loop animations without scripting.

so well :p i'll try to change that!
I'll also, create a "pause" feature, so you can pause an animation whenever you want it in your script(and it'll also pause a battler action).  So you can do those awesome moment where everything stop except a hero, casting a huge technique. and then everything is back to normal.

About my "Reaction"
yes it was the first but if you don't do it on the first then everybody will do it... and as i did other scripts before I had similar comments. So I'm just super annoyed and over-reacting with those kind of comments.

Eh i'm going to put a penalty system! That's going to be awesome:
Each time someone asks me to "when is it released?", i'll count it, then multiply it by 2, that'll give you a number of days.
When I'll be completly finished, I'll wait this number of days to release it.

I'm going to put a counter in the 1st post (we already have 1)

AHA I'm a genius, :lol: I should have think of this rule before! :grin:

Thanks Zeriab and the other people wishing me luck
Dont worry I feel what you're saying but what if somebody purposely asks the question multiple times just to annoy those who are patiently waiting.
And on a different note, what do you mean by the default RMVX animation system as opposed to Minkoff's animation system?(I hope this isn't a stupid question.)

BassCrossTreble  > Well, i don't know if you are aware of that but there is something in your rmvx project database something called "animation".... that's what I'm going to use.

The "pause" technique which makes everything freeze except your battler which you mentioned, reminds me a lot like the "Climax Mode" in Tales of Legendia. That would certainly add nice, extra spice to the battle system if you were to script something like that. Best of luck, Trebor.;)

Mirku

Sponsor

When is it released? When is it released? When is it released? When is it released?

Anyways, nice to have someone making this, I look forward to it.
The pause technique would be awesome, darkening the background, show the player do some awesome move and cause a lot of damage!!
That's awesome about Tales games.

trebor777":2ufiqhiv said:
BassCrossTreble  > Well, i don't know if you are aware of that but there is something in your rmvx project database something called "animation".... that's what I'm going to use.
Ohhhh hmmm I was skeptical about that idea within the first few seconds of reading it but now that I think of it and look at the animations tab that's a pretty neat idea.  I mean it's simplistic and, the user will have more control over the animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.