Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vampyr SBABS 12

The HUD is created using a png file, so yes, you can edit the hud and change the words by creating your own graphic.. The HUD image is located in graphics/system. I created my own HUD based on Vlad's and just saved it to overwrite the existing file. The only thing you really have to tweak is to make sure that the arrows, items, and skills show up at the right spot.

If you have anymore questions about the HUD, please ask.

I threw this together for ya' real quick! It's as close to vlad's style as I could get, and I even through in some flair with the opacity and slash marks on the boxes.
CLICK ME!
No credit necessary.

vlad

eatboxman":y8m5tjbd said:
Vlad, how is your progress on SBABS?
I'd like to know =P

this moment, ths system is stopped, 'couse I'm making a system of farming for a little friens...
soon I will come to work on SBABS again

vlad":3s0w0tv8 said:
eatboxman":3s0w0tv8 said:
Vlad, how is your progress on SBABS?
I'd like to know =P

this moment, ths system is stopped, 'couse I'm making a system of farming for a little friens...
soon I will come to work on SBABS again

ok! phew, thought you stopped completely

Wow Mundane thank you! I really owe you =D

Btw please let me credit you =D

Edit: how do I change to "Item memorized" to english?? =X

Another edit: Nvm I found out my self with the help of Mundane's translated version once again ty =D

Ok, you can credit me. ;) Scroll down in the main script, and down towards the end you'll come across a pink thing in quotes "Item memerizado" or whatever. Same with with "Skill". Just type what you want in the quotes, and you're all set.

Thank your for making this script vlad =)

I hope its ok I use this to my MGS game and my "fistful of dollars" game ^_^
I found a way to make reloading to the bow (I edited it to a gun in my games)

@Necro_100000 necro try to look at page 3 mundane uploaded an english HUD

Mundane":183ck298 said:
I threw this together for ya' real quick! It's as close to vlad's style as I could get, and I even through in some flair with the opacity and slash marks on the boxes.
CLICK ME!
No credit necessary.

Edit: When the bow/gun runs out of ammo there comes an anoying buzz sound.. How do I change that to another sound?
Geez I got so many question about this script that I should make a thread in Script Support.

Huge prooooobleeeeeeeeem!

Copied the scripts etc to a new project and now the game freezes when I turn on the hud switch! Everything else works.

Yeah. There's no error message or anything, it just starts looping the switch-sound. I got it to show the hud when I turned it on through the F9 menu, but it still froze.

Hero

This is a great script, but there's a slight problem with it. When I copied the script to my project, it starts to lag. Does anyone know what's causing it, because I don't have any parallel events nor auto events on (It's just me and 1 enemy that's on the map, with no common events at all in the database).

EDIT: By the way, it only starts to lag when the enemy gets close.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it was conflicting with a gradient bar script I guess.

Blaz3r

I still can't belive how easy is to create a Castlevania style game with this script ^^
Really nice job :P
btw.
Can You add (on/off) a number of HP/MP, Exp Bar. Hmm.. And When you figh with multiple bosses,
for exaple Two bosses, to appear Two Boss Bars? It's only a suggestion ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.