Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vampyr SBABS 12

Faint

Is there any good translation, because, when I download it everthing is still Spanish/brazillian. And when I create my own map. Just will all the scripts and etc, I let pop up the menu, but still no HUD is appearing. :S

Hey, good job on this, I love it! Just one problem. When you attack an enemy, there event suddenly jumps a tile infront of them or something similar. Also a request woul great to make your player be able to walk over gold piles. But anyway great job!

Sam.

hey ... i made a state (called haunted) and if an enemy is infected it totaly just loses everything attck deffence and then will slowly die of (slip hp) so i made a skill tht if use infectes the state.. i went to the script and made the skill so it can shot out ... works fine ... but the state doesnt infect nothing happens ... hp doesnt go down nothing ... i checked useing the boss hud (1 hp point then infecting bu it didnt die other enemys die so theres not problem with the script but its the state ... ow do i inflicket it ??

samamanjaro":1nhks4tw said:
Hey, good job on this, I love it! Just one problem. When you attack an enemy, there event suddenly jumps a tile infront of them or something similar. Also a request woul great to make your player be able to walk over gold piles. But anyway great job!

Sam.

Thats because they get pushed back. :/

Don't mean to spam your topic like that. But can we get a translation of this vlad?

I'm curious to pick it quite a bit because I can't decide on if I want to VX or XP at the moment.

Good stuff nonetheless.

EDIT: Nevermind I found a translation. :]

Can someone tell me how to make it so that when an enemy attack is guarded by a shield, it either doesn't always block or only reduces damage?

Great work Vlad

Awesome script. but i seem to have a problem, i didnt see anyone answer the question on the first page. everytime i transfer my character to another area i have to push the menu button to get the HUD-Background back on the screen but the HP and MP bars are always there. has anyone found out how to keep the HUD always on the screen without needing to press the menu button to get it back?

Really nice script... Congratulations !  :thumb:

(But I wondered... How can I keep HP HUD and ARROWS only ? I know I can disable most of available options in the script itself but I think it is a waste of time and resources. In my game, I just want to display the HP of my character and use a bow to attack foes... So, that is all I need ! If somebody knows, please contact me. Thanks.)

If you doubt the power of this script, I'll tell you wrong with what I'v done with it.

First off Is my new HUD
*REMOVED!*
(LOL WASNT EVEN THINKING!!!!) I don't want to give you my work so you can copy it! LOL! I'll make a tech Demo so you can all see the HUD in action along with maybe some of the other addons.

Simple edit makes the game look a lot better. Also have matching life and mana bars for the main caracter AND for the boss.
=-Systems I'v added-=

-Guns Reload
Example: Your 9mm has 15 shots. When you run out you use up an ammo box automaticly. It stops you for a short time and then reloads your weapon. (Editable Ammo capacity and reload time)

-Melee Combos
Example: You press A to attack. You press A again to follow up with a second slash. A again to follow up with ANOTHER slash! Then again for a finisher. (Editable combo langhts for each weapon. Each part of the combo edits attack diffrently. Time limit cancle [So if they don't press A again in a certain time frame it resets the combo])

-Multishot Guns
Example: You shot a gun once it takes up 3 ammo and hits the enemy 3 times. (You can edit the amount of ammo it cost per shot and the amount of times it hits, IE: 2 ammo per shot, deals damage 4 times)

-Exsplosive Skills
Example: To put it simply Area of Effect attacks with Currosive damage (deals less damage to you the farther away your are) to all enemies in an editeable area.

-Redemption
Basicly a easy system that if you die you have a 1/10 chance (Editable) to come back to life after dieing. (Can be edited to 100% and require and Item!)

-Multi Ammunition Guns
"A" fires primary set ammo. You use the "S" Key to rotate to the next ammo. This is useful for when you want to edit things on the fly.

-Battle Use Items
Not realy a system... Anyone can do this, but I thought I should add it =D.

-MORE!

This is all stuff I have done with this script and it's not all that hard... No major scripting required. OF COURSE I have no intention of releasing any of these to the public without Crissaegrim's OK. All this stuff is achiveable, some of which with Common events... Well only Multi Ammunition Guns... But W/E. If anyone is interested, mainly Crissaegrim. I would like to add these systems to the ABS. *Note* These addons would be more for shoter games then anything, but it would be cool if I could add this to help you all out!

P.S: Crissaegrim, if your intrested PM me. I'll mostlikely see it in my box.

THIS IS NOT ADVERTISEMENT FOR MY GAME! THIS IS SHOWING SOMETHINGS YOU CAN DO! IF AFFENCE IS TAKEN OR A MOD OR CRISSAEGRIM TAKES OFFENCE P.M. AND I WILL REMOVE! I used some of my events from the game to keep things intresting BUT I used the defult maps for the game to stay on topic.
Just thought I should get that out of the way before anything comes up  :thumb:

=-Tech Demo-=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWR0dR6WEg
Display a HUD I made and Might make Public if Crissaegrim alowes me =D

I will upload another JUST for the addons that will not be associated with my game in anyway if this dose take offence. All I want you to do is look at the first 15 seconds and see the HUD showing you how you can edit the game's grafics and things with ease. Still a little weary to post this becuse It's almost like advertisement =X. If it dose cause any issues Sorry! And I will remove it.

P.S.S: As I said I will release all of these addons if Crissaegrim alows it! Permission and Copyright laws are EVERYTHING!

-Necro_100000

Hmm. Awesome script. Took some time to figure out things here and there. Two questions still though.
1) How can I make an enemy that once you talk to them he starts to attack. I've tried setting it up in a conditional branch based on a self switch. Basically I want the player to talk to an enemy, have the enemy give a warning and if the player talks again, the enemy attacks. I have it setup to do so in a conditional branch, but it seems the location of the comment within the script does no matter as the enemy attacks the player right as soon as the player comes within range.
2) When I start my game the actor has a few skills already learnt. Is there a way I can prevent these from being displayed in the lower left hand corner?

Also, the link for the english HUD doesn't work anymore. Anychance we could see about fixing it?
Thanks.

make sure the comment is on a totally seperate page. and on the first pge turn a switch on to that page ... if tht makes sence and anyone know about my question ??? states????

Yea, I figured out the problem with the comments and such. Just trying to get an english version of the HUD, and how to stop the script from displaying already learnt skills.

@Selacius

I'm glad you figured out your first problem, your second one is, don't take offence, your new to the system or were in a rush and mostlikely just added the skills to the class and forgot about them. Don't forget to set there level once you've added them or you'll start the game off with them!  :thumb:

As for the english H.U.D. I have one you can use that looks AWSOME! Or I'll make you one in photoshop! If you want my metalic style one your going to have to download my script edits becuase I edited the life and mana bars and move the Buffs around and the skills and ammo around just slightly... So I don't want to post that one with out Crissaegrims promission becuse its an edit on his script. As they saying gose for most RPG makers "Don't steal, just ask."

But If you just want the one you have with the words edited just ask. You can work wonders with photoshop! =D

If anyone else wants any edits to the HUD just ask. I know not everyone has the awsomeness of photoshop. =X

Edit*

@Junanagou

This is my edited verion of Crissagrim's HUD script.

To keep it simple I just called it Crissagrim's HUD Light by Necro_100000 (Nothing fancy)

This just displays HP and MP bars and it dosn't show the backround part that displays ammunition, skills, and items. YOU CAN STILL USE ammo, skills, and items, you just won't see them. This is for people that I guess want a more open HUD that makes there game look more open. Simply take my HUD Light script and past it in place of the old HUD script. NOT THE BOSS HUD! Just the normal HUD. This one I decided to post becuse it realy only took me about 15 minutes =P (I was having a montain dew). Anyway the script is in the spoilers that follow...

#Original HUD Script By Crissagrim
#
#H.U.D. Light by Necro_100000 (Matt K.)
#Version 1.0
#
#READ ME:
#If your bars do not line up press control + F and look for #EDIT THIS
#And edit this line
#  self.contents.blt(x, y-ch+12, meter, src_rect)
#
# Edit the +12 to make the bar move up and down. A higher number the
#bar gose down the A lower number makes the bar go up.
#==============================================================================
# Window Hud
#==============================================================================
module Crissaegrim_Hud

Background = "" # Imagem de fundo da hud

HP_Bar = "HP-Bar" # Imagem da barra de HP

MP_Bar = "MP-Bar" # Imagem da barra de MP

Base = "Bars-Base" # Imagm do fundo das barras

OnOff_Hud_Switch = 40 # Switch que ativa / desativa a HUD

Show_Hide_Button = Input::Tab # Tecla que mostra / esconde a HUD

end
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class Window_CrissaegrimHud < Window_Base
  def initialize
    super(0,0,544,416)
    self.opacity = 0
  end
   def update
     self.contents.font.size = 16
     self.contents.clear
skill_count = 0
for button in Crissaegrim_ABS::Skill_Button.keys
  next if button == nil
  x = 432
  skill = $data_skills[Crissaegrim_ABS::Skill_Button[button]]
  next if skill == nil
  skill_count += 1
end
item_count = 0
for btn in Crissaegrim_ABS::Item_Button.keys
  next if btn == nil
  item = $data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Item_Button[btn]]
  next if item == nil
  x = 432
end
refresh
end
def refresh
  actor = $game_party.members[0]
  draw_hp(actor, 0, 0)
  draw_mp(actor, 0, 24)
  show_state(actor, 130, 0)
if Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons.has_key?($game_party.members[0].weapon_id)
if Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][5] > 0
  show_icon($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][5]], 0, 356)
  self.contents.font.size = 18
  self.contents.font.color = text_color(15)
  self.contents.draw_text(-3, 364, 24, 28, $game_party.item_number($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][5]]),1)
  self.contents.font.color = text_color(0)
  self.contents.draw_text(-2, 365, 24, 28, $game_party.item_number($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][5]]),1)
end
if Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][6] > 0
  show_icon($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][6]], 44, 356)
  self.contents.font.size = 18
  self.contents.font.color = text_color(15)
  self.contents.draw_text(43, 364, 24, 28, $game_party.item_number($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][6]]),1)
  self.contents.font.color = text_color(0)
  self.contents.draw_text(44, 365, 24, 28, $game_party.item_number($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[$game_party.members[0].weapon_id][6]]),1)
end
end
end
def show_state(actor, x, y)
  count = 0
  for state in actor.states
    draw_icon(state.icon_index, x - 100, y + 110 + 32 * count)
    count += 1
    break if (32 * count > 160)
  end
end
def show_icon(item, x, y)
  if item != nil
    draw_icon(item.icon_index, x, y)
  end
end
def draw_hp(actor, x, y)
  back = Cache.system(Crissaegrim_Hud::Base)
  cw = back.width
  ch = back.height
  src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
  self.contents.blt(x, y, back, src_rect)
  meter = Cache.system(Crissaegrim_Hud::HP_Bar)
  cw = meter.width  * actor.hp / actor.maxhp
  ch = meter.height
#EDIT THIS
  self.contents.blt(x, y-ch+12, meter, src_rect)

end 
def draw_mp(actor, x, y)
  meter = Cache.system(Crissaegrim_Hud::MP_Bar)   
  cw = meter.width  * actor.mp / actor.maxmp
  ch = meter.height
#EDIT THIS
  self.contents.blt(x, y-ch+12, meter, src_rect)
end
end
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class Scene_Map
  alias hud_start start
  alias hud_update update
  alias hud_terminate terminate
  def start
    super
    if Crissaegrim_Hud::Background != ""
    @bg = Sprite.new
    @bg.bitmap = Cache.system(Crissaegrim_Hud::Background)
    @bg.x = 1
    @bg.y = 1
    end
    @hud = Window_CrissaegrimHud.new
    @hud.x = 0
    @hud.y = 0
    hud_properties
    hud_start
  end
  def update
    super
    @bg.update if Crissaegrim_Hud::Background != ""
    @hud.update
    hud_properties
    hud_update
  end
  def hud_properties
    if Crissaegrim_Hud::OnOff_Hud_Switch == 0 or $game_switches[Crissaegrim_Hud::OnOff_Hud_Switch] == true
      if @hud.visible == true and Input.trigger?(Crissaegrim_Hud::Show_Hide_Button)
        @hud.visible = false
        @bg.visible = false if Crissaegrim_Hud::Background != ""
      elsif @hud.visible == false and Input.trigger?(Crissaegrim_Hud::Show_Hide_Button)
        @hud.visible = true
        @bg.visible = true if Crissaegrim_Hud::Background != ""
      end
     else
       @hud.visible = false
       @bg.visible = false if Crissaegrim_Hud::Background != ""
     end
   end
  def terminate
    super
    @bg.dispose if Crissaegrim_Hud::Background != ""
    @hud.dispose
    hud_terminate
  end
end

Enjoy the add-on! If I get prommission form Crissagrim I'll post more.

*Edit 2

I edited the main script and made the most demanded change =D

Damage Decay insted of Block!!!!!!!!

Now when you use a shield you take less damage insted of blocking the damage completly and says "Guard", you take the hit decaying the damage by 4/5. To put it in lame man terms, when you get hit insted of taking 0 damage you take 80% Less damage taking only 20% damage.

Also works for attacking direction. If attacked form the sides you sheild 50% insted of 80% and when you block and get attacked form the back you block only 20%! Also has a chance that when you get hit your guard can break (If there guard hoes) and they take 150% the damage of the attack they would have blocked and stuns them for 2 seconds. It's getting late so if anyone post that they want it, I'll post it tomorrow.

LOL one last edit today

Edit 3*

Just learned random numbers so now when you guard it blocks anywere form 75%~83.3% Just to mix things up a little bit =D just adds a bit more realisum in the game, becuse your not going to block every attack with the same amount of force in real life now would you? Just makes the game more realistic.

Hey, thanks for the reply. See, I have an intro to the game, in which one of the characters starts off with a skill to be used during the intro. So I don't necessarily want it to show up in the bottom left as he starts out with it. As for the HUD, I have modified the HP/MP bars to reflect those found in the status menu. All I am pretty much looking for is changing the words to english, so the bottom left would be Action, bottom right would be Items, and top right would be skills. Nothing major, but I would also like for the Skills window to be expanded to fight 5 skills (1-5), and the items 6-8. Ohh yes, I seem to be having a problem displaying the HUD when I move from one area to another. The background image disappears but the HP bars remain in place. Any idea wat could cause this? It also happens when I remove all players from a party and add another.
Thanks

@Selacius

Hmmm seems like you have quite a few problems my friend... As for the HUD I'll get right on that! I'll make you a custom english one with the words your require and the size for slots. I'll also make you a new ABS script and HUD script (Based of crissagrims of corse). You see on the normal one you can only use 1-2-3 for skills and 4-5-6 for items. I'll customize it so you can use 1-2-3-4-5 for skills and 6-7-8-9-0 for items.

I hope this will help you out! As for waiting for crissagrim to get back to me, I think he's abandoned this thread so I'll just post my Add-on scripts here untill I get any upjections <3!

First lets do anohter Add-on script! The very demand DECAYING DAMAGE ON SHEILD script. Here check it out its well worth it!

Damage Decay on Guard insted of "0" damage

Fuck it... It won't fit. Just download the note pad version!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7PVCHDQ

there you go! That's all of it this time! Now you can actualy use it....

BTW GIVE CRIDET WERE CRIDET IS DUE! I love helping you guys out and I enjoy working on scripts but PLEASE! Just give cridet! It's not that hard!

Thank you very much

~Necro_100000 (Matt K.)

Hey man, no need to worry about modifying the script for the HUD, I've done that myself. I've also set it up so that I can have skills from 1-5 and items from 6-8 or wat not. And they work, it wasn't that difficult of a script to do. Did you mean for that post to have a line through the entire portion of it? Do you know if it would be at all possible to have a 2nd party member not necessarily attack the enemy but heal or buff the main player? Not actually have the 2nd actor in battle but act as a supporting character without the use of the SABS system. Also as for the displaying of the scripts at the bottom issue, I am planning on using Khai's Item Found script for that, so I could potentially remove that whole reward section.

LOL thanks for that. I fixed it and just put it in a download. Just download the notepad form that hyper link and replace the code!
also, you edited it so that is uses skills and displays them but did you edit both the ABS and the HUD? Don't for get to edit the ABS to so that it regesters the keys! BTW what are your Sizes? Don't forget to many items will cut off the Boss's HP bar! I'll start by editing skills then I'll make you a new one for edited items! Brb give me about eh.... 5 minutes. Then I'll give you the HUD.

I've edited both portions of the script. Basically the skill bar will start at 379 instead of the normal value. I don't want the items to be more than just the 3. So the item bar is just renumbered and the name changed. The skills bar is adjusted to a larger size.

Awesome, thanks. Exactly wat I was looking for. Any chance the numbers/letters at the bottom could be sharper? they seem somewhat fuzzy.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.