Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vampyr SBABS 12

Awesome. Any idea wats wrong with the unbeatable battle script? Also, one thing I want to change is to for the variable x comment. I want to be able to define whether we should set a value, add to a value, or subtract a value, and also define what the value is. Thanks.

hey... vlad ... hot did you make you text in your title screen ?? what program did you use~??
thanks alot ... bam
oo and anyone know about states yet???
bam

So, I modified the script a bit to allow for multiple comments based on what you want the enemy to do. Basically you can set a variable, self switch or switch and also erase the enemy event. I've also modified the HUD to fit my needs, basically I redrew the HP & MP bars using the included images to match those found in the status page of the menu, so it shows the actors name and also the number for the health and mp of the character.

Necro, in terms of the supportive character I have figured out what I want to do. I want to have an SABS effect, but have the additional party members automatically fight. I kinda want a set of conditions such as:
- Main Actors HP <25% & Heal Skill Known & Mana is available -> Heal Main Actor
- Then depending on the skills known I would like to setup a rating system, where:
Rating = Skill Level * .3 + Skill Mana/Total Mana * .7
Then basically the supportive actors will automatically target the main actor's enemy with said skill assuming the enemy is in range, and if not will move into range and then use the skill.
Let me know if this is at all possible. Thanks.

GUH! Errors errors erros... I'm not the reletive best Ruby programer but I'm trying damn it! And I'll I can seem to get is errors... I'm still looking into your gameover, and ABS thing and I'm also looking into the status thing... Guh... This is painful. Oh well I'll keep trying. I'll see what I can get up soon but I have to work with FunEditor for Intro to game Design so I might take some absence today.

Don't worry about things on my part for now, do wat u need to do for school and such. My addition to the script seems like it will be pretty hefty though. May need a complete rewrite. Basically if we can figure out why the gameover portion isn't working I would be extremely happy. I don't need to worry much about the supportive characters quite yet.

EDIT: Figured out why it didn't like the if statement in the scene_gameover portion, but I am trying to go back to my original method. I am going to keep the UnbeatableOnOffKey predefined. I am adding a comment to the enemy page for unbeatable enemies. The comment is Play Die. The problem I am having once again is the value is not moving from one class redefinition to another.

This is what I have in the class Game_Player < Game_Character:
    if @play_die == true
      $game_switches[Crissaegrim_ABS::OnOffDeathSwitch] == true
    end
    if $game_switches[Crissaegrim_ABS::OnOffDeathSwitch] == false
      $game_temp.next_scene = "gameover" if $game_party.members[0].dead?
    end

Now the boss has the Play Die comment, and if I were to run a check in the class Game_Event redefinition in the portion that deals with when the enemy dies to see whether @play_die is true or not, it is. But it doesn't solve for true in the Game_Player portion. The reason why I want to do it this way is because I am removing the gameover scene altogether and replacing with being teleported to a graveyard.

Necro_100000, is there a way to make it so that the shield doesn't always block an attack or make it so that the shield will on reduce the damage taken?

Sorry my english is in progress...

-Dizzy

sorry necro ... i didnt read you post about you looking into states lol ... you have a lot of people wanting things from you lol sorry ... im not botherd realy ... bam

Sorry for my absense. I'm taking an extra highschool corse on C, C++ and C# so I'v been busy. I have to tell you that ruby and rpg maker is SO MUCH EASYER with scripting then any other engein O.o.

Now then let's start with some issues...

Dizzyn3ss":186jxhsl said:
Necro_100000, is there a way to make it so that the shield doesn't always block an attack or make it so that the shield will on reduce the damage taken?

Sorry my english is in progress...

-Dizzy

Uploaded a script around page 4. If you need it reuploaded or posted I can.

bammurdo":186jxhsl said:
sorry necro ... i didnt read you post about you looking into states lol ... you have a lot of people wanting things from you lol sorry ... im not botherd realy ... bam

Eh, don't worry about it. I try to manage my time. Plus everything I give to you guys I'm using in my own game so "why not offer it to the comunity?" As for states, I'v ran into some difficulties... You see unlike party members were the data is simply writen onto the caracter the enemies realy don't hold much data on the field. This means I would have to write something to the event in order to make the script reconize it as under a state. Once I can figure a manageable and possable way to do this I'll simply tag on a user friendly addon that lets you edit the the stats like this...

Monster ID[state 1 %, State 2%, ect...]

it's been confusing and I havn't made much progress...

Mascarpone":186jxhsl said:
sorry but if the new hud is the only update.. uhm... well it looks awful <_< the old one was better.

I agree, but I made my own =D And I might.... make you guys one. With a custom script to go with it, but this realy is something for you guys to do yourself. I konw your not asking for one and just stating a point but I'm just saying.

Becuse this bugs me like NOTHING ELSE I'm going to play around with the new script that displays what you pick up items. Going to add a few addons becuse it realy bugs me the way it's set up = ).

Hey, i modified this script and got the unbeatable game portion to work and gt this to work with Khai's Item Found script. Quite nice.

Added yet ANOTEHER addon. This one I whiped up today in just a few hours becuse I had some extra time on my hands =D. This is my [Blind Sight and Miss] add on. This addon FINALY ADDS the miss and hit function. Working on longranged weapons ATM, but for now it works with melee weapons. I'll upload it later. It works now but I think I want to add a bit more to it before I release it!

-Necro  :thumb:

*Update!

Now have it working with ranged weapons!

**Update No.2!

Range Weapons work! Now I'm just working on applying the evasion/hit to enemy units.

Necro i want all of ur add-ons >:D lol
Anyway, those skill ID, item ID and weapon ID, it's not working for me, i mean, it's not working in the Demo!! Anyone got it working?

Yes that HUD is possible. The problems may arise in the characters portrait and the bars. You will either need to use the bars included with the ABS or the ones from the game itself. You cannot define the bars in the HUD. Unless you included them only to show how you wanted things to be setup. But regardless, yes it is possible, you would just need to redefine locations and sizes. What I might suggest is use this HUD as a template and setup the game so it fits that the best, then redraw your HUD to match. Example, you donèt know where exactly the numbers for items or skills should go based on the size of the icons. So get the HUD to display the icons where you want and then set your numbers based on that.

@alan131

What do you mean the IDs do not work? Everything works for me. Unless you are referring to the unbeatable except for certain weapons/skills/items. If that is the case then you need to look in the actual ABS script for the area where it checks for the comments. In the demo Crissaegrim setup the skill condition wrong, he has the wrong comment in the enemy event. See if you can find it and also find what the correct comment is. If I get demand I will post my changed script to the community. My script allows the user to setup unbeatable battle events (attacknig a boss but the player is supposed to die and instead of gonig gameover, it does a certain condition), also allows for the ability to set a specific switch/variable and erase the enemies event. And it now works with Khai's Item Found script.

well actually i was wonderign if i could get help to make a HUD like that and yes it was just to show how i want it to look like in a sense..id do it myself beleive me i tried but im horrible at stuff like that.i ment to ask if i could get with in my last post i just forgot to add it :) ...when i tried to make it i keep massing stuff up and get errors somehow from my stupdity lol

Selacius":lns3tmt7 said:
...the unbeatable except for certain weapons/skills/items. If that is the case then you need to look in the actual ABS script for the area where it checks for the comments. In the demo Crissaegrim setup the skill condition wrong, he has the wrong comment in the enemy event. See if you can find it and also find what the correct comment is.

Yeah, that's the one I am referring to.
By the way, I couldn't read scripts. Can anyone help to find the correct comments for me, or I will have to just give it a try myself.

@Selacius

Got your PM. And yes we should combined our scripts =D! (PMed you in more detail)

@Spoofus

I'm going to jack your design, run it through paint, set some text displays and edit the game and BAM! Instant HUD. No problem and I'll do it for free! Be back ASAP.

@Everyone Else

Working on some new scripts... Don't know what I should add... Probubly come out with My HUD edit version 2.0 with text displays that draw your actors life on screen.

As for thoughs of you who want a quick menu addon here take this...

Necro_100000's Accurasy, Evassion, and Crit Rate display Addon

#==============================================================================
# ** Window_Status
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This window displays full status specs on the status screen.
#==============================================================================

class Window_Status < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  #     actor : actor
  def initialize(actor)
    super(0, 0, 544, 416)
    @actor = actor
    refresh
  end
  # * Refresh
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    draw_actor_name(@actor, 4, 0)
    draw_actor_class(@actor, 128, 0)
    draw_actor_face(@actor, 8, 32)
    draw_basic_info(128, 32)
    draw_parameters(32, 160)
    draw_exp_info(288, 32)
    draw_equipments(288, 160)
  end
  # * Draw Basic Information
  #     x : Draw spot X coordinate
  #     y : Draw spot Y coordinate
  def draw_basic_info(x, y)
    draw_actor_level(@actor, x, y + WLH * 0)
    draw_actor_state(@actor, x, y + WLH * 1)
    draw_actor_hp(@actor, x, y + WLH * 2)
    draw_actor_mp(@actor, x, y + WLH * 3)
  end
  # * Draw Parameters
  def draw_parameters(x, y)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, x, y + WLH * 0, 0)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, x, y + WLH * 1, 1)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, x, y + WLH * 2, 2)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, x, y + WLH * 3, 3)
  end
  # * Draw Experience Information
  def draw_exp_info(x, y)
    s1 = @actor.exp_s
    s2 = @actor.next_rest_exp_s
    s_next = sprintf(Vocab::ExpNext, Vocab::level)
    self.contents.font.color = system_color
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y + WLH * 0, 180, WLH, Vocab::ExpTotal)
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y + WLH * 2, 180, WLH, s_next)
    self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y + WLH * 1, 180, WLH, s1, 2)
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y + WLH * 3, 180, WLH, s2, 2)
      actor = $game_party.members[0]
      meterback = Cache.system("Minorbarbase")
      cw = meterback.width
      ch = meterback.height
      src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
      self.contents.blt(292, 0-ch+143, meterback, src_rect)
      meter = Cache.system("Extra-Bar")   
      cw = meter.width * (actor.exp_s - actor.current_lvl_exp) / actor.next_lvl_exp
      ch = meter.height
      self.contents.blt(300, 0-ch+140, meter, src_rect)
      cw = meterback.width
      ch = meterback.height
      self.contents.blt(25,321, meterback, src_rect)
      metercrit = Cache.system("Crit-Bar") 
      crit = actor.cri
      cw = meter.width * crit / 100
      ch = meter.height   
      self.contents.blt(33, 324, metercrit, src_rect)
      self.contents.draw_text(30, 306, 192,WLH, "Critical Rate:")
      cw = meterback.width
      ch = meterback.height
      self.contents.blt(25, 285, meterback, src_rect)
      meterhit = Cache.system("Hit-bar") 
      hit = actor.hit
      cw = meter.width * hit / 100
      ch = meter.height   
      self.contents.blt(33, 288, meterhit, src_rect)
      self.contents.draw_text(30, 270, 192,WLH, "Acurracy:")
      self.contents.blt(300, 0-ch+140, meter, src_rect)
      cw = meterback.width
      ch = meterback.height
      self.contents.blt(25,357, meterback, src_rect)
      metereva = Cache.system("Eva-Bar") 
      eva = actor.eva
      cw = meter.width * eva / 100
      ch = meter.height   
      self.contents.blt(33, 360, metereva, src_rect)
      self.contents.draw_text(30, 342, 192,WLH, "Evasion:")
  end
  # * Draw Equipment
  def draw_equipments(x, y)
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y, 120, WLH, Vocab::equip)
    for i in 0..4
      draw_item_name(@actor.equips, x + 16, y + WLH * (i + 1))
    end
  end
end

Just replace your window_status with this. (NOT USERFRINEDLY AT THE MOMENT!) BTW this is a sright copy past form my game so your going to need to edit it a bit and edit your own pictures. It will give you errors wif you don't add in your own pictures.

Preset Names...
"Minorbarbase"
"Hit-Bar"
"Crit-Bar"
"Eva-Bar"

Create pictures under these names and inport them into your systems folder.

EDIT!

@Spoofus

Need a better quality picture T.T

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.