Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vampyr SBABS 12

Khoa

Necro, I'm much appreciate if you could post a demo with your add-on(s).
I promise I won't steal it and call them my own.
And, I will credit you and Vlad (^^)
Will you agree? tell me soon, please (^^)

Working on the demo but I'v run into some errors... Becuse I mixed some scripts and classes from other scripts to save memory the script... # ** Stat points distribution system 1.5 By Lettuce is required. Besides that I'm working on it. I'm a buissy man so I'll I got done so far Is I added the Plug and Play Exp Display bar.  :thumb: Besides that I'm starting to backwards compatable the new Hit/Miss and Evasion/Blind status effect script edits I made. Along with my Decay damage on defence. I'll get it done asap.  :thumb: If I have the time.  :shock:

Edit:

It works and here's what it containes...

Necro_100000's Exp Bar display Ver. 1.3

#contents....
Necro_100000's Decaying Damage Ver 1.5 *New!!!

Necro_100000's Advanced AI Ver 1.2 (Nothing new but makes them slightly
                                  smarter when chossing attacks)

Necro_100000;s Blind Man Addon Ver 1.0 (Blind state lowers your accurassy)

Necro_100000's Evasion/Miss Ver 1.4 (Evasion dose something! in 1.3 enemies
                                      Acurrasy also plays into hit rate)

To late to upload... It's midnight here... I'll post it next time I remember lol.

I was having great fun with this until I learned Kill_item id, Kill_skill id and kill_weapon ID not work.  You can still attack them to death... this hsouldn't happen... I have been trying for the last 5 hours to get it working. No dice. please Necro or one of you good scripters please tell me how its done.

BTW, Awesome ABS Vlad. I don't need the AbAbs because the game im using this for only has one hero.

Edit: It seems it doesn't work on te demo either... I just Extracted the game fresh. and the Imp with
Kill_skill 59. I could press a oer and over and hes dead... same goes for the Skeleton that requires you to hit him with a boy. I can yet aain, spam "A" to win. Dissapointing, Please vlad, you need to fix this. My Games nothing without it

God luck

I was having great fun with this until I learned Kill_item id, Kill_skill id and kill_weapon ID not work.  You can still attack them to death... this hsouldn't happen... I have been trying for the last 5 hours to get it working. No dice. please Necro or one of you good scripters please tell me how its done.

BTW, Awesome ABS Vlad. I don't need the AbAbs because the game im using this for only has one hero.

Edit: It seems it doesn't work on te demo either... I just Extracted the game fresh. and the Imp with
Kill_skill 59. I could press a oer and over and hes dead... same goes for the Skeleton that requires you to hit him with a boy. I can yet aain, spam "A" to win. Dissapointing, Please vlad, you need to fix this. My Games nothing without it

Good luck. :)

Edit 2 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Sorry Hit quote button instead of modify on accident. Sorry :(

Baca

The script is awsome but i wonder if anyone could make the addon to it that allows enemies to attack from distance

Lol looks like some people need help T.T Sorry I was away. Was working on my games.

@BizarreMonkey

They should Die semiautomatic when you use a skill. Make sure that your are using the right set up for skills. Set the ID the Icon or display for it. The range, ect. It should just work like Mr. Moe's script for xp.

@kaysterv2

Yep! It's displayed on the picture. Make your own or you can ask some one to Photoshop one for you! The words aren't in the script there in ON the picture. You edit the picture in paint if you have to.

@Baca

Rrrr they can... Get my advanced enemies add-on that dumb the the proses a bit into scripting format (Not it dumb it down for you guys, I mean I made it simpler so the script can read it.) OR you can just make a ranged skill, give it a blank event picture, give it 100% attack factor about 2-4 variance (10-20% variance) and make it have no MP cost. Then you can also set the base damage that it deals to. Once you've done this give it to the enemy and remove their attack command. This will make it so they don't attack but use the long range skill. OR you can keep their attack function and give them a close and long ranged attack. DON'T FORGET TO PROGRAM IT INTO THE GAME AS NEEDED! When you script it in give it the range you want it and voila.

@Exouthing

Lol. You can use Mr. Moe's ABS instead. I love the way it handles terrain. In my opinion though you can find better ones for XP, but this is beautiful for VX.

I put this script into a game but now i can't have shops and name input windows, it crashes the game with an error for some reason. The error window says:
"????? 'Window_Base' ??? RGSS Error ?????????
disposed window"

Any idea as to what would fix this?

Edit: Strangely enough, it is Necro's Number Display Add-on that does this, without that the windows work fine.

Ehhhh sorry. If it's my easy to use H.U.D. with numbers that is cussing the problem I know what it is. It uses the Draw_Actor_HP function and this can clash with the system.

To be honest it was a quick request so I didn't thoroughly test it out. My bad.

hmmm... I'll be back in just a second. I'm going to rewrite the script ENTIRELY and upload a WAY better version!

#Edit

BAM!

I used The Neo Gauge bars by Worta (Name Check) So that I can by pass the draw without to much work. Well not realy... Only to make them look cool. =D.

Here It is!

Necro_100000's Classic Display H.U.D. Ver. 2.0

http://rapidshare.com/files/174129416/Crissaegrim_ABS_2.0.exe.html

In the demo it even runs the name input and shop so you know it works. I changed the draw actor for window base in this one so it will edit any script that calls for Draw_Actor_HP/MP

*Now Compatible with Worta's NeoGuage Bars
*Works With Name Input
*Works With Shops
*Compatible with Dargor's Bestiary

Anything you guys need done just ask!

#Edit 2

LOL I noticed Dargor's Bestiary script dosn't work with it.

#Edit 3

Okay reuploaded it with the fixes!

Lol ya that got me at first... But it was clashing with the menu. I think it was your Draw methods for the menu, whatever you may used. I think it might have been a script clash on my part. Oh well I got it working now so it should be okay. Thanks though Dargor!  :thumb:

@Baca

Hmmmm... I'm just going to upload a demo that contains all the scripts working together. A few people have had issues combinding the scripts so I'm going to go work on a demo with them all together!

BRB!

Here it is! It contains all of the updated script!

This should basicly be ABS 3.0 but w/e...

Crissagrim ABS 2.0 w/ Necro_100000's Addon's Ver. 2.0

Medaifire
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=08073a7ad129a5f7d2db6fb9a8902bda

Rapidshare
http://rapidshare.com/files/174353751/Crissaegrim_ABS___Necro_s_Addons.exe.html

Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J3RC0MFO

I have another question, can I set enemys and events that you could attack but they don't attack back? I have a training area in my game and i want it so you can attack training dummies but they don't fight back. I'm also considering letting players attack any random villagers they come across, who would run away if attacked instead of fighting back >:)

Hmmmm. Ya you could.

Just set then up like a normal enemy but do this to the enemy id.

When your making the item make it so they have no attack. Leave them 100% empty. This way they can't call out any action. If this causes an error with my advanced enemies just simply give them a do nothing command becuse my advanced enemies looks for a command no matter what so it might cause and issues.

And there you go an enemy that won't attack but can be attacked!

Doh, forgot about the do nothing command. Alright, that worked thanks. This script is going to work great for my attempt at doing a Grand Theft Auto style game where you can attack random pedestrians. One more minor problem, I'm basically setting it up so there is a monster with 1 in every stat and the do nothing command to be pedestrians and guards before you attack them. Then on page 2 I add the actual monster ID that attacks or runs so they react when you attack them. The problem I have is that when you attack them it still plays the die animation before they switch to the next event page. Is there a way to make it so they don't have the die animation where they fade out?

Yes. It's like in the monster Id near the end of skills. You can give them an animation for a death animation.
Just set it to a blank animation and it won't play anything when they die. Also this overights the fade effect in my advanced monsters script so you can set up epic deaths. Just get my demo and set it to a blank animation and they should just switch with out playing the death effect.

Hope this helps!

So I need to have your latest update to the script to use it? So where do I change the animation in the script since the new demo has like 7 scripts with it.

No but It works better with my version becuse I upgraded the buffering rate. So it just looks cleaner. In both scripts it can be found in this section...

# Enemy attack and death animations
# Use  Enemy_animations 

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.