Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vampyr SBABS 12

Really nice ABS!
10/10 ;D
But i have this decent problem , ive imported sound , and pictures , scripts (Credits to u ;) )
but i don't see the HP , MP , Item , Skill and other thing HUD?
How come?

Hmmm I found an error in some of my add-ons for this one... I added a few more so I'll update them soon. Also I'm going to make a demo on how to do scripted battles (It's a fraze people, no scripting is needed just eventing) like the one for the boss demo. I'll add 3 - 4 boss type battles with enemies that use "Skills" (Evented actions that deal damage to you) in ways that most enemies can't. It's easy to use and if you though in variables you can randomize it or you can have a set pattern if you want to add some strategy to your battles. I've really been having fun with scripted battles and I would love to share how to do it with the rest of you.

I'll upload a new demo with the new stuff for you guys soon. Till then, homework...

Till then.
-Matt (Necro)

#Edit
WOOT! Got it done!

It's the 4th version of my ABS addon's! This one contains a lot of updates including some handler to reduce the lag with ranged weapons that shoot lots of bullets (Made it so it calls for a $game_map.refresh =D) this will make it so if you have like an uzi in your game it won't lag any more... Or shouldn't... W/E.

Also A new script has been added for more customization.

This time it's nothing awesome in the functions, no, this time it's some eye candy! =D

This time I've included the first version of my Glow script (100% mine =) ) that makes sprites and bitmaps glow!

In the new script, Necro_100000's Glowing Bars, it makes the boss bar glow different colors making a rainbow effect!

Hope you guys enjoy! =D (BTW no bugs in this one but if you see any you should tell me so I can fix ^.^;)

New Necro's Addon Demo Ver. 4

Khoa

I have a small problem with Crissaegrim ABS, I need the arrow flys after X frame instead of instanly (all ranged weapon have the same X), can you make for me a script for this (please use alias, because I've changed alot of this scrpt), thank you :smile:

I would love to. If you posted a raw or emailed it to me that would be awesome because alias tends to have issues for me. = ( sadness.

Anyway it would be easy to add a wait frame in but I would have to edit the whole branch.

Also if you've added anything the the script it would be awesome to have you post your addon's here!
=D

-Necro (Matt)

Thnks Necro_100000 for replying, I've fiddled with your addon pack for a while, and still I cant figure out how to set up an enemy so you can only kill them with said Kill_weapon etc.

Necro_100000":2n7dn1ng said:
@BizarreMonkey

They should Die semiautomatic when you use a skill. Make sure that your are using the right set up for skills. Set the ID the Icon or display for it. The range, ect. It should just work like Mr. Moe's script for xp.

How do you mean, sorry, I can usually figure things out, but I am totally clueless and even in the demo it doesn't work, both encounters with Kill_ commands didn't work, I can just atack normally and they will die.

So if you can give me instructions on how to make the Kill_ commands work, I would be indebted to you.

And this is the first time ive used an ABS, perhaps I should try mr moes and see if i can figure out what im doing from that, but if yo can help me I would be grateful :)

Edit: Well I tried out Mo's sbabs but.... it doesn't have te Kill_item ID Kill_skill ID or Kill_weapon ID, so I couldn't learn anything, i tried to learn, I learnt nothing.

Just to make sure you know what Im talking about im not talking about this...

Code:
#Die Erase - Deletes the enemy after it is killed(will respawn on map change);
# Die Switch Local A - Activates Self Switch A on enemies death;
# Die Switch Local B - Activates Self Switch B on enemies death;
# Die Switch Local C - Activates Self Switch C on enemies death;
# Die Switch Local D - Activates Self Switch D on enemies death;
# Die Switch X - Activates Switch 'X' on enemies death, 'X' being replaced by the chosen switch #;
# Die Variable X - Adds 1 to variavle 'X' on enemies death, 'X' being replaced by the chosen variable #;

I'm talking about these

Code:
# Kill Weapon ID - The weapon that is specified is the only weapon that can kill the enemy;
# Kill Skill ID - The skill that is specified is the only skill that can kill the enemy.
# Kill Item ID - The item specified is the only item that can kill the enemy;

Though you probably already knew that. :P

So is this a bug or is there something I'm missing I need to know!

I also want to know if anyone else is having this problem, I have to fix it, and thats gonna be impossible without instructions since im such a noob about scripting and all. xD

No no it's fine. It works fine for me... Sorry I'm a little flustered because I just lost... 10 scripts... for a game... >.< I copied over it like a dumb ass and Now I'm PISSED. *Sigh* it will only take a few weeks to get it back together... *Sigh*

As for the switches I don't see what you don't get. You see in events they have that green text? That's what it's looking at. You can set a green text that says Kill Skill ID X and replace X with the skill ID so only that ID can kill it.

Uhhh of you still don't get it I'll try to make a new demo to help you out.

Wait, You mean I have to type, for example Kill Skill ID 3? coz I was doing
Kill_skill 3, have I been doing it wrong this whole time xD

so am i doing it right or Do I need to go Kill_Skill ID 3?

Edit: Strange that Vlad would do it like that in the demo though : /

Nope, that don't work either, a Demo would be nice, I'm completely clueless

Good luck with your game, if you gave someone a copy, they might still have a demo of it.

Edit2: I'm gonna spell it out so you can see what Im doing wrong

Comment: Enemy 1
Comment: Die Switch 5
Comment: Kill_Skill 1

or is it supposed to be like this

Comment: Kill_Skill ID 1

or like this?

Comment: Kill_Skill_ID 1

If it's one of those, then it still isn't working for me : /

I tried all examples in the demo you posted, nothing worked.

Hmmm.... I'll have to look into it... There are a few functions I've been having issues with myself.

I've added a delay function for Khoa BTW

Once I make it user capable I'll post it here.

I know you responded to this question before, but the response you gave the other person didn't seem to work for me. I tried everything I could think of for a couple days, but I can't get it and it's driving me nuts. Whenever I transfer screens, the background for the HUD, minus the HP and MP bars, disappears, but when I open and close the menu, it comes back up. I have the OnOff_Hud_Switch variable set to 0 in order to keep the HUD on permanently unless you hit tab and I never intentionally shut any part of the script off on screen transfer. I'm a programmer, but not in Ruby, so I tried to troubleshoot the script as best as I could. I can close a couple times, but I'm still not getting it.

I've concluded that it's not something that the script is doing to shut it off, but what it's not doing in the next screen to turn it back on. Nothing seems to be shutting it off, but I have a feeling that it has something to do with the dispose function as that seems to be the last activated function before the screen transfer and nothing happens again. Thanks again for your time in looking into this problem.

Eh...

@Khoa

No problem. I might added as I said here when I make it more user friendly.

@FingerprintDiVa

Alright the questions begin at, What version are you using?

I've released 3 versions with various fixes and add-ons.

If your using on of my versions I'll fix this asap. If your not and it's the original the I've heard of this before. Might be a script clash if anything. Although it could be as Khoa said and the .z value of the hud is getting buggy.

If you want it fixed tell me the version your using, which, if any, of my add-ons your using AND a list of your scripts.

If you have any custom work made post it here or P.M. me a link. I won't steal any works, it's not my style. This is about the 9th project I'll be helping Debug so it's nothing new to me =/. Handing me an unprotected project is the best and fastest way to get it done. However if you don't trust me ( =/ ) or can't find the time to post it then do as previously stated.

Hope I can help... I do it a lot lol. :thumb:

Fell free to do what ever you wish and I'll try to offer as much help as I can.

BTW Next update is a mouse add-on. Don't know who would exactly use it but I thought it would be cool... :huh:

Later guys

-Matt

Wow. Just...wow.

The new SBABS update of Crissaegrim is fantastic. Probably the best SBABS I've ever played. Too bad I couldn't understand the demo. Maybe I'll try to translate it.

Brazil relies with optimism script, such as Mog, Vlad, RTH, Rafidelis (I) (I self-proclaimed good), among others.
His SBABS Vlad is very good, maybe the best set up for RMVX ja, it is good to see people committed to you, congratulations on script friend c=D :biggrin:

NICE! I have to say I looked it over and it's an AWESOME system. Did you use any of my add-ons? :huh:
Just wondering because if not I can transfer a lot of the system add-ons over. =D

I loved working with this script and I LOVE what you've created.

Again congrats on the new script man.

#Edit 1

ALRIGHT... Time for the Errors...

1. Minor error in demo, If you don't set enemies death page to though then enemies will get stuck on them.
2. In the demo you can't equip skills.
3. Trying to enter the menu in the demo with 3 people. (See Picture)
4. I hit enter during a message box... (See Picture)
5. SAME thing when I hit enter... On a table... (See Picture)
hmmm.jpg

6. Can't set any keys...

I'm going to try re downloading it lol.

#Edit 2

NOPE! Still having the same issues. Do you have another demo with it working? Or is it just me? :huh:

Also how did you get the Icon to change? Thought that was cool and I just wanted to know! =D

vlad

Necro.. it is really strange that is happen with you.. o.o
nobody claim about it.. and in my tests.. it is running all normal...

Weird...

Hmmmm might it be just me?

I tried running it straight from the demo and downloaded it twice! Still nothing... Input it into a project and same issue...
Hmmm.... I looked over your script and everything seems to be correct. (No doubt because your such a great scriptwriter lol) Hmmmm... I'll play around with it a bit.

Thanks anyway, just making sure it wasn't the demo that had the issue. =D.

BTW

I LOVE how you scripted in Conjuring skills! That was a brilliant idea!

#Fix 1

Fixed the input script (For my cpu) Now I can pick a skill and memorize it. (for some reason It clashed with my enter button)

Okay now when I hit enter I can memorize the skills!

Also I can press enter and the game won't crash!!! WOOT (Weird glitch must be something on my Keyboard...)

Game.Exe still randomly crashes still...

BTW again... Do you want me to make you an English demo. :huh: I would love to do it. Also how did your change your icon. Just wondering.

#Add-on 1

Yep I've already made on =P I'll only release it however if Vlad wishes me to! It is his script after all and I don't want to over step my boundaries.

This add on is Necro's Summons
That's right a script edit that allows you to do summons! =D

At first it was all script work but that was BORING. So I made it so you can set them up in a few seconds! No scripting! I did all of the work for you. Just make 2 common events a start up and a summon length and then a skill with a scope of No User. And Voila!

I changed quite a bit but no issues yet... Made it work with actors in the data base which was easy so that added a few things.

How it works...
-Stops Errors with the SBABS script so you can summon units.
-Handles Common events used from No Scope Items (might have just been a glitch for me)
-Added a simple check in the script so if you attempt to add a character when you have a max party it won't crash on you. :toot:

What it dose...
-You can make your own summons.
-easy to set up!
-Summons can level up if you want! =D
-While summoned you can allow the actor to add equipment onto the summon! =D
-Summons can learn skills! =D

I would love to release this, but as I said I don't want to spam on Vlads Topic and will ask for his permission!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.