Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

Wichu

Also, make sure you are playtesting from RMXP, so it can compile the .txt file into a .dat file. If it doesn't compile, hold CTRL as you start the playtest.

Yes, please try and read the first post more carefully, I do not want to take credit for this. I'm only starting to learn RGSS now, and I can say, that it's pretty hard when you study something and you still don't know what to do with it. ;)

-Krobe

Hey New to RMXP
I can't seem to get my own game working
I transfered the script to a new game
And I keep getting a
???? CPU ?????????????
????????????
Any Idea?

tatoren":is5bm5pc said:
Hey New to RMXP
I can't seem to get my own game working
I transfered the script to a new game
And I keep getting a
???? CPU ?????????????
????????????
Any Idea?

You don't need to transfer any scripts. The way the starter kit is set up you just open the demo and build off of it. To avoid problems just don't mess with the maps that are already set up and don't edit their data at all, just start the first map for your game after the demo maps and start building from there, completely ignoring the demo stuff.

I use the RPG Maker XP Postality Knights Edition
It doesn't open normal RMXP games so I head to transfer them

Edit: Yeah Actualy don't worry about it
Thanks guys

Venetia: Don't double post. Thanks.

Also, the use of the PK version of RMXP is banned from this forum.

@tatoren - Uhhmmm... you know, your not supposed to double post yea? And also your not supposed to let others know that you use Postality Knights, as that version is illegal, and I'm not sure, but you might get banned.

-Krobe

brandon1393 Dont worry just change the transfer Player to you're map
Say if it was Transfer player to "test Area 1"
Just change it to YOU"RE map
Hope it helped
Gledlil

Hi, this kit is so much fun to work with! I'm just wondering how you add in phone numbers, the manual didn't quite say how. Thanks for your time and patience!

Uhmmm, if you download the latest demo, and look in PBS > Phone Numbers.txt, look in there and just look at how it's done, and you might be able to figure it out that way. I don't know exactly how, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

-Krobe

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.