Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

Nim the Dialga":32jk3yni said:
Just so poeple know in case they're confused by Kocia's post(s) or think they don't give enough detail, I talked to him via PM and this is what he wants to make:

menuzk7.png

This menu is apparently from game Pokemon Raptor by OmegaGroudon.
Looks cool :thumb:

yuppern":20uecmoe said:
Nim the Dialga":20uecmoe said:
Just so poeple know in case they're confused by Kocia's post(s) or think they don't give enough detail, I talked to him via PM and this is what he wants to make:

menuzk7.png

Pokemon Essentials doesn't come with this though just so you know. :)

Nim the Dialga":13o49exa said:
yuppern":13o49exa said:
Nim the Dialga":13o49exa said:

menuzk7.png

Pokemon Essentials doesn't come with this though just so you know. :)

So?.. Still looks cool :biggrin:

Have had this for a while now. Not a huge fan of the pokemon games, but I learned a lot playing around with this.

I might make a demo sometime, just to try things out.

Okay how do I change the player's name once the game has already started?
"$Trainer.name=" gives an error. executing "pbTrainername" changes the name successfully but it resets and deletes everything about the trainer, including the party pokemon and I don't want it to do that.

Link1234pwc":20pesle3 said:
I have this kit, but I'm stuck. How do i add my own Pokemon, moves, cries, and things like that? Someone help please!

"notes.html" in the game's folder should explain all that. If after reading it you still don't know or can't figure it out, ask me and I can help you. :)

I've searched through this, and i still can't figure it out. It's probably right in front of my eyes 2. Can you help me please? Thanks :T

gameguy27":3lditwt8 said:
How do we setup legendary battles? Like in most pokemon games you talk to the pokemon then battle commences. How do we do this?

Here's what I did.

legendevent545454.PNG

to make it so the legend event disappears afterwards, put "control self switch A - ON" inside the conditional branch. then make a new page, leave it blank and with no graphic, but put "self switch A is on" as a condition.

also, the control switch number 50 actions are not needed.

Nim the Dialga":2tmyn1aq said:
gameguy27":2tmyn1aq said:
How do we setup legendary battles? Like in most pokemon games you talk to the pokemon then battle commences. How do we do this?

Here's what I did.

legendevent545454.PNG

to make it so the legend event disappears afterwards, put "control self switch A - ON" inside the conditional branch. then make a new page, leave it blank and with no graphic, but put "self switch A is on" as a condition.

also, the control switch number 50 actions are not needed.

Thank you so much. It worked! :)

One more question and sorry to be a bother to anyone. I noticed there were scripts in the thing that said
RGSS2 Compatibilty or something and VX Events. Does this starter kit work for Rpg maker vx?

gameguy27":2p1otsxn said:
One more question and sorry to be a bother to anyone. I noticed there were scripts in the thing that said
RGSS2 Compatibilty or something and VX Events. Does this starter kit work for Rpg maker vx?

*bumps* Could someone answer this question? I just want to know because my friend uses rmvx because of Mapping or something like that dont ask me. But he wants to use this but only if he can use it in vx.

gameguy27":yd45h6gm said:

*bump*

17th of April, Zeriab: I soft-deleted this post rather than merge the posts since its an old 'crime' and there is not any contents.

It can't be used with VX, just the RTP player from VX. So if you replace the 'game.exe', program from an XP project with one from VX, it will still work. That's what it meant by RGSS2 compatibility.

Hey guys, an important update to the Alternate Form Code. This allows you to find alternate form Pokemon in the wild just like shinies. The rarity is up to you, but I suggest you make them a lot more common than shinies or else players may never see this feature in action.

The whole premise of alternate forms (or at least how I plan to use them in my game) are to show the slight differences between the same species of Pokémon. Rather than only changing colors like Shinies, "alt forms" can be used to change other features kind of like gender differences in D/P. For example, the Spotless Bulbasaur, the Rattleless Ekans, and the Tailless Poliwag.
001a.png
023a.png
060a.png

But enough of that, here are the instructions.

First we must modify the alt code.
In PokeBattle_Pokemon after is shiny add the following
Code:

def isAlt?

return true if @alt==true

return false if @alt==false

end

def makeAlt

a =@species

if @alt==true

@alt=false

else

filename=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03da.png",a)

@alt=true if FileTest.exist?(filename)

end

end

In PokemonField search for:

def pbGenerateWildPokemon(species,level)

then, look down at the following line:

pokerus=(rand(8192)==0)

now add the following lines:

altform=(rand(XXX)==0)
if altform
genwildpoke.makeAlt
end

("XXX" is the chance that the pokemon will be the alternate version. a higher number means a low chance. For example, "0" means wild Pokemon with alternate forms will always be in that form.)

Enjoy! Ask me if you have any problems with it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.