Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

hey I think poccil's new feature to change the maximum level is awesome. Only problem is, I set the max level to 1000, now a pokemon who's level is in the 60s, it's stats go down when it levels up. Any help?

Nim the Dialga":3nz062nd said:
hey I think poccil's new feature to change the maximum level is awesome. Only problem is, I set the max level to 1000, now a pokemon who's level is in the 60s, it's stats go down when it levels up. Any help?

sart the game over from the beginning

Kaitsu

I have a slight problem with the Pokemon Starter kit. Supposedly the fishing animation is implemented, even with the default sprite for some reason. All he does for fishing animation is look down, look left, then look up or something like that.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't even load the fishing000.png

Is that just me, or is everyone else receiving that?

I've been stumped on this for quite a long time. I looked everywhere on the fishing script, and it doesn't even say anything about loading the sprite. =\

And I'm too script illiterate to even add such a thing.

lucas.zip":3av13kaa said:
Well, how can I set a battle between the player and a setted wild Pokémon, via events ?

Conditional branch, then choose script. put in
Code:
pbWildBattle(603,70,false,false)

replace 603 with the pokemon's species number you want and replace 70 with the level you want. Also change the second false to true if you want to be able to run away from the pokemon, but I find it better to leave it as false (so you can't run) if you're battling a legendary.

hey how come when I use the animation editor, the animation I create won't save? I tell it to save changes and all when I exit, but when I go back into the editor my animation is gone! I really want to be able to manipulate the attacker and the target, so help please?

So far the only animations I've created that got saved are in rpg maker xp.

edit: This seems to only happen when I unlock the pokemon (attacker and target) and try to edit their positions, etc.

Teach

When trying to use the netplay ruby server, I get an error in the server command prompt saying

X: Unknown <authentication>MYGAMECODE</authentication>

and in game it says that it failed to verify server. Anyone know how to get this thing working?

Wichu

The server is buggy right now anyway; it crashes when a second player logs on (for me, at least). You're better off waiting for poccil to fix the bugs first.

Kaitsu

Kaitsu":2fhz8n3i said:
I have a slight problem with the Pokemon Starter kit. Supposedly the fishing animation is implemented, even with the default sprite for some reason. All he does for fishing animation is look down, look left, then look up or something like that.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't even load the fishing000.png

Is that just me, or is everyone else receiving that?

I've been stumped on this for quite a long time. I looked everywhere on the fishing script, and it doesn't even say anything about loading the sprite. =\

And I'm too script illiterate to even add such a thing.

I guess nobody knows. =(

I have a HUGE problem, When I try to make a trainer, the second page always gets erased no matter what I do. How am I supposed to have them do anything?? And sometimes when I use the compiler some of the events get like...unsaved, things change around to before i edited them. how the hell do I fix that?

I downloaded the Pokemon Starter Kit an hour ago, and made 2 quick maps and a few events,
and then connected the two maps in connections.txt.
In-game, the part where the maps connect is screwed up.
It has a black 5-pixel gap.
Gap Pic:
acsc.png

And that sign event automatically moved 1 tile up when the map loaded. o_O
See where it is in the editor:
ascb.png

The two maps are 31 and 32.
connections.txt:
Code:
# Drop 1 (31) - Drop 2 (32)
31,West,2,32,East,2

What's the problem? x_x

well...first off, did you manually change that, or did you do it in the editor. There is a program in the editor section of the folder that can do it. It looks just like game. You open that file, it should run like game (I'm sure you already know this but ya never know...) and you go into visual editor. From there it should make everything work right. Just press A to add your other map, and then move them right next to one another...

Hope this helps!
~xgamexfreakx

I did it manually, but I do know how to do it in the editor too.
I opened it in the editor and it seemed OK to me, so I don't know why it does that.

hi again, I haven't posted in a while, but there's something really cool that I need help with, preferably from somebody more experienced. I'm trying to program alternate forms for my pokemon. I don't want the forms to change the pokemon's stats or anything, just their looks.

I basically want the forms to be programmed into the game and display correctly both on the field (summaries etc) and in battle, and I want it to be possible to make an event that I talk to to change the forms.

Notes.html did not say enough about this, and I don't know how to do it myself. I have looked over and over at the two methods it says to edit ("pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies" and "pbPokemonIconFile") and have figured hardly anything out. Can someone please help me?

:)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.