Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

-.- im not good with programing, im not an idiot... of course i tried BLACK BELT BLACKBELT BLACK_BELT, none of them work

I also have another problem with making a trainer with ID 1, 2 and so on...
So far ive added 1 to the end of every thing:
-replaced the 0 in the first script with 1 inside the perenthises.
-added 1 to the end of the first script after the parenthises.
-added 1 after TEAMMAGMA_Male in the second script thing.
-added 1 after TEAMMAGMA_Male, Grunt, _I (i changed it to: TEAMMAGMA_Male, Grunt, 1, _I)
-replaced the 0 at the end of the 3rd script with a 1 inside the perenthises.
-added a 1 to the end of the 3rd script after the perenthesis.

I tried all of these individually because noone specifically said where to put it and if someone could tell me that would help.  But none of these worked individually for me.

BD001":2t9x7a6t said:
How do you insert new moves in this game, for example, moves from diamond and Pearl?
Giga impact, Flare Blitz, Aura Sphere, Dark Void, Roar of Time, Spatial Rend, Etc

edit the pokemon moves text file

-.- im not good with programing, im not an idiot... of course i tried BLACK BELT BLACKBELT BLACK_BELT, none of them work

I also have another problem with making a trainer with ID 1, 2 and so on...
So far ive added 1 to the end of every thing:
-replaced the 0 in the first script with 1 inside the perenthises.
-added 1 to the end of the first script after the parenthises.
-added 1 after TEAMMAGMA_Male in the second script thing.
-added 1 after TEAMMAGMA_Male, Grunt, _I (i changed it to: TEAMMAGMA_Male, Grunt, 1, _I)
-replaced the 0 at the end of the 3rd script with a 1 inside the perenthises.
-added a 1 to the end of the 3rd script after the perenthesis.

I tried all of these individually because noone specifically said where to put it and if someone could tell me that would help.  But none of these worked individually for me.

try just using BLACKBELT then the id crap then battle the trainer in debug mode then the data will auto sent to the trainers foldier, if the trainer isnt there make sure the event has the trainer image in the graphic box

I've also got another problem now...
When I try to make items from inside tileset solid instead of being able to walkthrough them all of my maps suddenly become made from inside tileset.  My walls turn to chairs, grass turns to stairs, its just all messed up and i cant change them back.  Can someone reply and tell me how to turn the items solid without the maps going wack? thanks.

make sure your map is still using the same tileset and if not resign it because any tileset you use must be set in the data sections first

how do you use an animated title page?
i have just the one i need, but inserting it as Pic_2 doesnt work. It shows up Blank.
also, is it possible to add an email system? and if so, how do you add it to the Pokegear?
about animations, is it possible to animate the pokemon in your party?
one more thing? does this enable on line battling? i understood the trading

try making a .gif pic/animation if that doesnt work i'll look into it more, the email thing would require a script and a mmorpg type game... unless you want to make the game send the player an email, then this could be done through a script or just use the options provided in the rpg maker...

BD001

http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp95/Aura25/?action=view&current=CopyofCopyofCopyofPic_2.gif
thats the url for the title. it only moves once so if you miss it, refresh your page.

Hello people... Well... I have been working on my game.. and just now.. I came across some errors that I would like to fix..

for some reason... when I go into a forest I made... you can't walk through the trees (which is goo).. then when I go to the next part of it you can sudenly go through certain parts of them.. and its getting on my nerves... also the same thing happen when I tried to make my first ocean... you can walk on half of it! that's not suppose to happen! also if anybody can help me with the following problems I would appriciate it...  the installing the text thing... I still havent solved that.. I have to go through the whole thing everytime I play the game (and it always says it could not be installed)...  I think thats about it for now... thank you! plz help me if you can fix my problems... mostly the first one..

its killing me! ...... Thanks again...

EDIT: one more thing! I cant figure out how to make my pokemon or the oponent's pokemon move when I attack someone. like if I want the pokemon the move to the right when I use tackle....

Wichu

BD001: If you learned some simple scripting, you could script the animated title, saving file size and improving quality.

Thank you shika I will try that.
I've got a couple more questions though :\ (I had like 10 problems on this post originally but I solved them myself :) so I have tried)

-How do I lower the xp givin / raise xp to level

-Can you customize the maximum level / maximum EVs aloud on each pokemon / maximum IVs aloud on each pokemon / bonus for shinies?

-How do I add other people sprites (not the ones on the map but the one that appear in the beginning of battle)?

Thanks everyone

BD001

How do you program a guaranteed shiny battle? like the RED GYARADOS in gold and silver?
and how do you make a wild pokemon uncatchable? like if you find a pokemon that lost its trainer? it would be a "Wild" but uncatchable.

to make a guaranteed shiny battle, first make a script above "main" and call it "pbshiny", and put this code:

Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}

then when you do the battle, turn on switch number 50 (you can change the number if you want). Be sure to turn it off after the battle, or pokemon will continue to be shiny when you encounter them. Also put it at THE VERY BOTTOM of the event page rather than putting it inside the conditional branch for the battle. If you put it in the branch then if you lose the battle it won't be turned off and you'll keep battling shinies.

I do assume you are talking about an event battle, not a random battle, correct?

p.s. I can't help you with your other problem, sorry.

:)

BD001

wow, thanks! ill try that.
can you help me with making a wild pokemon uncatchable? like saying "the wild pokemon deflected the pokeball!" or something similar?
cause in the story somewhere there will be a pokemon seperated from his trainer, and the player will be fighting it, but if you catch it, it might ruin the rest of the story.

BD001

hey, whats this error mean?
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
TilemapXP:868:in `refresh'
TilemapXP:164:in `update'
TilemapLoader:57:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:225:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:92:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:45:in `each'
Scene_Map:45:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:112:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'

I PM'd you about the error but what do you mean by "shiny trainer battles"? Do you mean a shiny trainer sprite or a trainer with a shiny pokemon? Either way though, I wouldn't know how to do it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

:)

That Triple Traid card game thingy in the Pokemoncenter is cool...
Too bad I can't get it in my game because ot the pictures.
Strange when in a Zelda game an Pokemon feature comes?
Ah, don't mind.

It's really a ******* good starter kit!
I love making an pokemon game.
I think my next (side) project will be a pokemon game.

-Axules :hat:

BD001

how do you change the trainer card image?
for example, in one case you can get a certain trcard, but in another instance you get a different one.

phenox

Help me please ! If I want to adapt map connection system to other projects(not a Pokemon Starter Kit) what should I do ?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.