Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

vavalar":30gr4yds said:
I have a question. Sorry if this has been asked before, is there any way to have pokemon contests?

I still need help... Also how do I add the scrolling animation at the beggining of gym leader and e4 battles? Would this just be done with pictures or what?

okay well then it probably does have something to do with using pictures, but I couldn't begin to tell you how though. good luck finding someone who knows. It would be a cool feature.

:)

BD001

How do you insert new moves in this game, for example, moves from diamond and Pearl?
Giga impact, Flare Blitz, Aura Sphere, Dark Void, Roar of Time, Spatial Rend, Etc

rodascesar1":umnhgngv said:
my second problem is that Im trying to make a lab where you pick a pokemon and the other trainer battles you with the opposite. like firered.... but Im having huge problems that I cant figure out.. do I have to change the idea out? or is there a way to make it work... I cant really explain the problem because I dont know what it is.. I dont even know if Im doing it right.

you can do this with the conditional branch event. Go to the 4th tab and chose "Script"
Then, put "pbHasSpecies?:):PBSpecies::BULBASAUR)" in the field. After this, just make a battle against the opposite trainer, with charmander as his partner.
Put in the "else" option of the conditional Branch "pbHasSpecies?:):PBSpecies::SQUIRTLE)" and make a battle against Bulbasaur after this.
Again, put another script-based conditional branch in the next "else" field, this time with CHARMANDER. This time, make a battle against the same trainer, only with squirtle as his partner.

vavalar":umnhgngv said:
vavalar":umnhgngv said:
I have a question. Sorry if this has been asked before, is there any way to have pokemon contests?

I still need help... Also how do I add the scrolling animation at the beggining of gym leader and e4 battles? Would this just be done with pictures or what?

I'm pretty sure you can do this with simple picture movement events.

So...could someone please help me with this?
I want to add "mini games" were you can play as a pokemon (some passages that a normal human can't use for example). I don't know if something like this is even possible, because I need to change the player graphics for these mini games. I also tried to make different players with pokemon graphics but it seems that you can only have 4 players (0-3). To make it simple, is there a way to increase the number of players or to change the actor graphic during the game?

I need some help here. I've set up the Battle arena (a frontier facility, there was a script for it but no map where it takes place). I have only set it up for single battles because doubles won't work due to the way arena works. However there is one small problem. When I choose which three pokemon to enter in the challenge (at the beginning with the attendant), if there are more than 3 pokemon in my party the ones I don't choose will be deleted. Basically my original party doesn't get returned to me after the challenge.

I'm having a small problem with a function of the message system.  I'm trying to create a blackboard that let's you choose which status you want to read about, so I'm using this function:

Notes for Pokemon Essentials":1m7bk905 said:
\ch[a,b,choices] - Displays a list of choices. _a_ is the number of a variable to store the chosen choice (the first choice is 0, etc.), _b_ is the default choice in case the player cancels (or 0 if the player can't cancel; the first choice is 1, etc.), and _choices_ is a comma-separated list of choices. This command is designed to support more than four choices, but the existing choice system can still be used if desired.

So I have text, then:

Code:
Text:\ch
[26,8,Poison,Burn,Frozen,Sleep,Paralysis,Confusion,
Fainted,Don't Read]

And I have conditional branches after that based on the results.  It just displays that as text instead of displaying choices, so I probably messed up in my understanding of how this feature works.  Can someone help me with this?

Yeah, but I was hoping to be able to display all of the options.  Even if I got rid of the minor ones, I'd still have 5 alignments that I want to explain.  I can work around it if I have to, but I'd like to get his working if possible.

then have three elements and an option "more"

and under more have another show choices command with three more elements and "more"

and so on until you finish all the elements

BD001

how do you use an animated title page?
i have just the one i need, but inserting it as Pic_2 doesnt work. It shows up Blank.
also, is it possible to add an email system? and if so, how do you add it to the Pokegear?
about animations, is it possible to animate the pokemon in your party?
one more thing? does this enable on line battling? i understood the trading

I have a problem with creating a Black Belt trainer.  I copied a already set team magma trainer and replaceds all of the 'team magmas' with 'BLACK BELT' and this is whwat it looks like now (these are the only things i changed besides text):

@>Comment: Type: BLACK BELT
@>Comment: Name: Nathan
@>Spcrit: pbTrainerIntro:)BLACKBELT)
@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::BLACKBELT,"Nathan",_I("A very good battle, indeed."),false,0)

#-------------------
BLACKBELT
Nathan
MACHOP,10,10,,LOWKICK,LEER,FOCUSENERGY
MANKEY,10,10,,SCRATCH,LEER,LOWKICK

83,BLACK_BELT,BLACK_BELT,40,,,,Male

When I run the game the trainer isn't there, please help, thanks.

I've also got another problem now...
When I try to make items from inside tileset solid instead of being able to walkthrough them all of my maps suddenly become made from inside tileset.  My walls turn to chairs, grass turns to stairs, its just all messed up and i cant change them back.  Can someone reply and tell me how to turn the items solid without the maps going wack? thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.