Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

Does anyone have a server that works for them and is easy to set up? I am about done for my game and I want to make it into a mmorpg...I need server so badly...the one in the starter kit doesnt work for me...post link to good server if u know one please

ity better to go with a program that you can store alot of space to be honest i cannot reccomend any free servers cause i dont know one but try googling it

its good to know RMXP has its own language i know advanced C++ but i really want to use pollici's (hope i spelled that right)starterkit it makes my job easier and i will try to donate to you dude 4 school

Hello, I still need help. :)

me":2ptjhppn said:
Hello, I've been experimenting with shiny pokemon encounters and it appears that poccil didn't program PSK to show a sparkly animation on a shiny pokemon, and I'd like to know how to get it to do this. I already have the animation I would like to use, I'd just need to know the code to show it on the pokemon and where to put that code. thanks :)

Shikamaru88: it doesnt have its own language... it has a REALLY cut down version of ruby 1.8.6 (i think?)... and its slower.... in other words rmxp isnt as great as you may think... especially as many ruby coders are curently using graphic parsing tools through C++ ruby combo... generally SDL or openGL.... its thousands times better than the rmxp engine which can easily be rebuilt better and faster using such engines... i would recommend gosu though personally im working on my own C++ environment for ruby systems... though im still learning C++ so its not easy XD

Is it possible to change the wild pokemon music to another for certain events? Like when fighting a legendary?

Edit: Wow...i feel pretty...wow. nvm. I didn't see the change battle BGM command...sorry about it.

@mechacash i know this you cannot write a entire  program in ruby well you could but it proabale wouldnt work the way you want it to and i know ruby is not strictly for RMXP but alot of people seem to be using this and a ruby and a c++ combo seems like the way to go for alot here

@nim dialga ask for the code in the code request section or pm the SDK's creater which is poccil (i never get this right)

@Vavlar check in the script under something like battle transintions or something like that

i found a script called "Transitions" which just told the scripted battle transitions what to do, nothing about randomizing.

Nim the Dialga":1wffw8qe said:

me":1wffw8qe said:
Hello, I've been experimenting with shiny pokemon encounters and it appears that poccil didn't program PSK to show a sparkly animation on a shiny pokemon, and I'd like to know how to get it to do this. I already have the animation I would like to use, I'd just need to know the code to show it on the pokemon and where to put that code. thanks :)

It says in the notes under "battle animations"

Certain animations are commonly used and have special names for them:
Common:Shiny - When a shiny Pokemon enters battle.
Common:StatUp - When a Pokemon's stat was raised.
Common:StatDown - When a Pokemon's stat was lowered.
Common:Frozen - When a Pokemon is frozen.
Common:Burn - When a Pokemon is burned.
Common:Sleep - When a Pokemon is asleep.
Common:Paralysis - When a Pokemon is paralyzed.
Common:Confusion - When a Pokemon is confused.

Ok, I got a new question. How do you make it so that when you catch a pokemon it plays the pokemon caught ME then battle won ME?
I've looked through the notes and everything and couldn't find anything. I already have both ME ripped...now if only I could use them. lol

tavoeltav":1pgi2g9l said:
Ok, I got a new question. How do you make it so that when you catch a pokemon it plays the pokemon caught ME then battle won ME?
I've looked through the notes and everything and couldn't find anything. I already have both ME ripped...now if only I could use them. lol

the only thing I can think of would be to find a good MIDI editor and combine the two ME's into one long ME.

By the way, whenever I add a trainer now, they're pokemon appear like wild pokemon. It doesn't even show the trainer graphic at the beginning of the battle. It just goes straight to the pokemon and it says they're wild. Can anyone help?

vavalar":2jic38s2 said:
Nim the Dialga":2jic38s2 said:

me":2jic38s2 said:

It says in the notes under "battle animations"

Certain animations are commonly used and have special names for them:
Common:Shiny - When a shiny Pokemon enters battle.
Common:StatUp - When a Pokemon's stat was raised.
Common:StatDown - When a Pokemon's stat was lowered.
Common:Frozen - When a Pokemon is frozen.
Common:Burn - When a Pokemon is burned.
Common:Sleep - When a Pokemon is asleep.
Common:Paralysis - When a Pokemon is paralyzed.
Common:Confusion - When a Pokemon is confused.

You know what I think I have an old version then because my version doesn't say that in the notes... thanks. :)

@Poccil: I really love this Starter Kit, awesome job!

Well, I have some questions...
I want to add "mini games" were you can play as a pokemon (some passages that a normal human can't use for example). I don't know if something like this is even possible, because I need to change the player graphics for these mini games. I also tried to make different players with pokemon graphics but it seems that you can only have 4 players (0-3). To make it simple, is there a way to increase the number of players or to change the actor graphic during the game?

tavoeltav":1p74srnw said:

you need to do it in the script

@ Galebourn

this may beable to be done for in a script some asked me to do this for them if i ever get it completed i will send one your way

Rub122

I really like this kit, all pokemon including D/P!! I tried to put a script of 2 Players, but didnt work.. (for a 2 players pokemon game).

@rub122 you need to ask your self is it compatible with all the other scripts in the game and am i putting in the right spot... and you could also check if you left a simple symbol out....

would this be done through a mutiplayer system/engine or just 2 players at home

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.