Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

you have to have a pokemon who knows the move i would assume

and if you dont want the player to be able to use these moves then read the notes he tells you how to do that

Shikamaru88":1audd7lk said:
you have to have a pokemon who knows the move i would assume

and if you dont want the player to be able to use these moves then read the notes he tells you how to do that

where in the notes? i couldn't find it. I looked in the cut events section. But i didnt see it. I'm talking about when you walk up to a cut tree with no pokemon or pokemon without cut, it says "??????? used cut" and cuts down the tree anyway.

@Vavalar - That's most likely because you're test playing. When you test play, it's like a debug mode and you can do anything with absolutely nothing. Try doing the same thing by double clicking the Game.exe

-Krobe

Hey i pretty much mastered the starterkit, but just cant figure out how to use a GIF sprite or make the pokemon follow you like in pokemon yellow version?

@Vavalar - You're welcome. =)

@Kendosis - I'm not too sure about the Gif thing since I never used it before, but according to the Notes.html, "A GIF sprite can be created using GifSprite.new(X) where X is the GIF's filename."  So I'm guessing you just call 'GifSprite.new(X)' in a Call Script to get the appropriate Gif.

To make a Pokemon follow you, I think you need to check if the Pokemon is in the player's possession on every map, and have the dependency on if said Pokemon is in party. The dependent event will disappear when leaving a map which is why you would need to keep an event running on every map checking if the specified Pokemon is in the player's possession, so that if the Pokemon IS in the party, you simply call the dependent event to follow until the player leaves the map.

That might take a LOT of work on your part however and cause slight (if not major) lag, which is why I think you should just make a request to Poccil about that feature to make it easier.
-Krobe

Yup, that's why you should just make a PM to Poccil and request something similar to a Caterpiller system only for the starter kit.

-Krobe

How do I have more than 1 of the same trainer name and type battle as different trainers?

Here's what I'm using:

Trainer 1: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TEAMMAGMA_Male,"Grunt",_I("Yadda yadda yadda"),false,0)

Trainer 2: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TEAMMAGMA_Male,"Grunt",1,_I("Blah Blah Blah!"),false,0)

Trainer 1 works but trainer 2 gives me a message that the trainer could not be found. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

You need to place a number next to each Trainer in the Trainers.txt after the first trainer, so that you can reuse that TrainerName.

For example:

Code:
#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
GRUNT
GEODUDE,16
#-------------------

That's good yea? But what if you wanted more...?

Well that's simple enough:

Code:
#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
GRUNT,1
GEODUDE,18
GEODUDE,20
#-------------------

See? That was easy wasn't it? You need to place a comma and then the number afterwards for the second, third and so on trainers. But why place a 1 for the second Trainer? Well I may be wrong, but RPG Maker reads integers starting with 0, so the very first one counted as 0, and the second one would be 1 and so on get it?

So.. if you wanted to add even more:

Code:
#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
GRUNT,2
GEODUDE,21
GRAVELER,24
LAIRON,25
#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
GRUNT,3
GRAVELER,29
GRAVELER,31
LAIRON,35
#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
GRUNT,4
SANDSHREW,10
RATTATA,10
ZUBAT,10
#-------------------

It's endless! I hope that helped!
-Krobe

[Edit] Oh and to call them, I think you just replace the number at the end of the Call Script with the number corresponding with the Trainer desired.[/Edit]

I already have the nubers like grunt,1 and grunt,2. but ill try editeing the number at the end...

edit: yay it worked thanks again krobe you are the master at this  :thumb:

its strange isnt it.. that the most powerful scripter available (poccil) does everything... for no profit... and doesnt even keep the awesome things such as the audio system to himself... he really is a great guy XD

i get this when I try to create server and I followed all steps...how do i fix this??

"Entering the Official Netplay Plus Server..."

Database = netplay_p_db, Gamecode = 918302475
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Local Run?[y]
--------------------------------------------------
Server setup 192.168.1.5 - 3306
--------------------------------------------------
Creating Server...
Unknown database 'netplay_p_db'uninitialized class variable @@_mysql in NetplayS
erver
Server has been terminated
Press Enter to Exit.

hey all, i need some help.
I created a pokemon game based on events only but it sucks, so i tryed to use this but im a newb with scripts.
Can someone make a full tutorial on this or show me a link 2 one?

@mechacrash - Heh, that's why he's asking for donations for his college and studies.

@nero9121 - I'm not familiar with Netplay or anything related, but I'm sure what Shikamaru88 said will suffice.

@Sephiroth24 - Notes.html <---- That's where you should go to use it, I'm pretty sure I linked it on the first post however.

-Krobe

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.