Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

Krobelus":2syfsxoc said:
Actually, I forgot to place the graphics -.-,

I'm just wondering, where would the fogs, battlebacks, transitions, windowskins and titles go? I'm assuming most of them (if not all) would go in the system folder yea?
-Krobe

XD

Anyway, I think they go into the graphics folder.  Although its possible you could create the appropriate folders in the project folder and then import them into that.  I dunno if it'll work though.  Battlebacks, something will have to edited in the script to change vx's default battle back system (since it doesn't use graphics). I'd assume titles should go into system, also.

But, you'll have to edit the tilesets to match VX ones too.  As well as all the character sets, etc.

I saw this before, and thought it was amazing. Usually, after I download a project or demo, I delete it when I've tried it. This I kept, which I almost never do. The only things I really don't like is the resized screen (it's ok though; it makes it look more like the old games), and the animations. Those are just plain awful. But then, he can't be expected to do everything, can he?

Ok, this thing is online... that´s just awesome.
But one problem, i need an a offline one!, <.<, help me pls.

PD: no one for the VX?, xP
PD2: Sorry for my shitty english, suck <.<

Edit: uhmm... so work in VX if i replace all the scripts?, :D

uh...any of you know how to make your pokemon and put them on there? i need to be able to for the game i'm making on RPG maker. btw...nce job whoever it was that made this starter kit.   :thumb:

darkmousy1993":2sd46a8j said:
uh...any of you know how to make your pokemon and put them on there? i need to be able to for the game i'm making on RPG maker. btw...nce job whoever it was that made this starter kit.   :thumb:

Did you even read the post or did you just jump so fast to a download link and close this page? Poccil made it, so thank him.

And yes I know how, it's rather self explanatory and might even be in notes.html (which I doubt 100% that you read)

Has anyone actually gotten the online trading servers to work properly? I've been working on it all night and gotten nowhere.

I managed to get it all working, but when I tried to register/login, I got a crazy long error message, and ever since then it's been telling me that either no server exists in my server file (which it does), or that the server has closed before I could log in.

EDIT: Also, whenever I run the main.rb file now, it runs through a few lines of code before unexpectedly closing before creating a new server.

BD001

besides a tilesetwhat do i need to work it?
do i need pics of the batlers and enemies?
how do i do the stats?
what should Pic_1, Pic_2, and selarrow.png, skin1, and all those files look like(general idea)
cuz i put all that,d the screen is all black and you can hear the theme playing.

I've used this Kit for a few days now. Great stuff Poccil :thumb:!

Only one problem so far: There seem to be issues with multiple trainers of the same name/type. For example: I have a gym with two "TEAMMAGMA_Male,Grunt"s I've been messing around with trainers.txt, as well as my script references in the events, but nothing's panning out. Whenever I battle them, they end up being the same (in the case of "TEAMMAGMA_Male,Grunt"), or it asks me to redefine each one (in the case of "TEAMMAGMA_Male,Grunt,1" and "TEAMMAGMA_Male,Grunt,2").

Has anyone already solved this problem? Maybe they would like to lend me a hand? If not, I'll PM Poccil, no prob.

By the way, I'm one of the few people on this thread so far to have read the notes.html file. :)

Thanks!

The second line is the Trainer's name. If more than one Trainer with the same name and Trainer type is defined in this file, then there can follow a number (from 1 through 255) to distinguish them. In that case, the name and number are separated by a comma.

Basically, you've got two Trainers with the same name and type. What the code for each needs to look like is this:

#-------------------
MAGMAGRUNT
MAGMA GRUNT,1
RATTATA,12
KOFFING,13
#-------------------
MAGMAGRUNT
MAGMA GRUNT,2
ZUBAT,11
ZUBAT,11
EKANS,13
#-------------------

That number will distinguish the Trainers. I also suggest you read over the Notes file carefully, as it answers a lot of these questions.

I read through the entirety of the notes file already. If you didn't notice, you just showed me what I explained I had done in my last post. I have it set up exactly like that, but the problem still occurs.

Ahh, I thought you were refering to the event script for the actual Trainer battle event. Assuming you've coded parameter 5 of the Trainer event accordingly, you seem to have a rather unique problem.

poccil

Sponsor

Pokemon Essentials is "compatible with VX" only in the sense that it works in the RGSS2 player and can use the RGSS2 library.  Pokemon Essentials projects can't be opened in RPG Maker VX.

Hey Poccil, this is an awesome starter kit! I've only been using it a few days, but it pretty easy to understand once you get the hang of it. The only thing that I didn't really like was that it didn't come with a professer oak, or elm, or one of the others. So I made one that people here and you can put into the starter kit if needed. This is mainly for the non-spriters out there, but it might help some others.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii209/xgamexfreakx/Oak1.png[/img]

I hope I don't sound like I want in on helping making this kit, just thought that I could help some people out. Awesome kit again, Poccil.

That is where I started looking , but none of the sprites were sized right. So I re-made one. I tried to just resize the image, but it was too small to resize. If you were to make it the right size by just resizing, it comes out all blury. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

EDIT: Hey Poccil, (or anyone else who can help..). I was adding custom music a few minutes ago, but have ran into a problem. The music sounds right in the editor, but when it is played in the game, the music doesn't play all of the instruments. I'll hear some of the instruments, but it'll be missing a lot of the important ones. I'm guessing it is something wrong with the music track, and not the editor, but I wanted to make sure, and see if anyone had the solution. Thanks!

EDIT2: okay, well, I looked into it further, and it is the actual starter kit. I tried importing the music into another project and it worked fine. I'm guessing that in your scripts, you overwrote some special music scripts or whatnot to make it more "pokemonish". If so, could you point me to which scripts these changes are in?? I glanced over both the scripts and the help manual but saw nothing. Help anyone?

Hello, I've been experimenting with shiny pokemon encounters and it appears that poccil didn't program PSK to show a sparkly animation on a shiny pokemon, and I'd like to know how to get it to do this. I already have the animation I would like to use, I'd just need to know the code to show it on the pokemon and where to put that code. thanks :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.