Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

Krobelus:

hey how can i make wen the character talks  whit a event i shows up a text then battle
whit out  showing the exclamation sing!?

@Nim - Does that mean you tried 1 and 0 instead of false for the last variable? If so, when I have time I'll do some tests. It might be a bug, so yea.

@XesRax - I'm not 100% sure if that's possible without editing the actual script. You'd have to make your own events that when touched, the event will walk to you when triggered, which is a little more work, but it'll do the same effect.

-Krobe

Wichu

Nim the Dialga":3549nbee said:
I just tried all three of those numbers, in addition to zero, and all four of them still let me run. And by the way I thought that in code, 1 = true and 0 = false .
Actually, in RGSS, 0=true. So is "" (a 0-length string). You could either use false or nil.

First I might add, this is excellent. The demo works very well.

Having read the notes and all the comments here, I have a question which is not explained in either. Someone earlier said they imorted all the scripts and their game didn't work regardless. I myself have been creating maps and events Pokemon-related for quite some time so minus all the Pokemon gameplay elements, I've been making a Pokemon game. I later read that you shouldn't change the demo maps in the SK, where the map data goes up to Map050. If I were to import my previously made maps, should I change my Map001 to Map052 etc?

Cheers,
Jono

Edit, in the data folder, the maps actually go to Map025, then jumps to Map051. I tried renaming one of my maps Map026 and also Map052 and neither worked. This isn't so much a Pokemon SK-related question but a general RMXP one, but if someone could help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

mining gast":1ahxets7 said:
omg this starter kit is quite genius can someone please get it into postality knights enhanced edition, my trial is over and i don't feel like giving away 60bucks
Is this serious? Are they serious? Damn...I have lost all hope in humanity.

mining gast":3sclheet said:
omg this starter kit is quite genius can someone please get it into postality knights enhanced edition, my trial is over and i don't feel like giving away 60bucks
Tsk tsk tsk, we don't offer support for PK (Postality Knights).
It is an illegal program, after all.  And don't go around openly about it, there are rules on the forums against illegal programs and you could land in hot water.

@JonoSasson - You could always open both your game and the starter kit, then copy and paste each map from your previous work over to the starter kit. But I'm pretty sure you have to set the tilesets to match otherwise you might have to fix the maps you imported.

-Krobe

poccil

Sponsor

I've released a new version today.  It's just improvements on the message system, and I've added information to the notes on how to incorporate the message system into other projects.

For detailed changes, see this diff file.

So nothing majorly new, like no d/p moves or move animations or anything? In my opinion those would be the two things you should work on next. But of course you don't have too, though. :)

I do like that Roaming Pokemon feature, though.

I've got a little bit of a problem here. I just updated to the new version by the instructions in the notes. Although I copied over everything in the "PBS" folder, it still doesn't recognize any new pokemon that I added above 493, Arceus.

to give some more specific information, I've noticed two things:
1. An event that I had giving one of those pokemon to the player now gives an error
2. When using "Add Pokemon" in debug mode, those pokemon are no longer on the list

edit: fixed it.

Alright I need help with the Roaming Pokemon feature. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

the top of the script looks like this:
class PokemonGlobalMetadata
attr_accessor :roamPosition
attr_accessor :roamHistory
attr_accessor :roamedAlready
attr_accessor :roamEncounter
attr_accessor :roamPokemon
end

# Keys indicate the Pokemon's current map;
# Values indicate one or more maps that the Pokemon
#  will move to
# Example:
#  20 => [21, 22],
#  21 => [22, 20]
module PokemonRoaming
RoamingAreas={
30 => [31, 35],
31 => [30, 35],
35 => [31, 30]
}

# Example:
#  (Species, level, switch number)
#  PBSpecies::LATIOS => [40,50],
#  PBSpecies::LATIAS => [40,51]
RoamingSpecies={
PBSpecies::BRIGHTLY => [70,36],
PBSpecies::WISHES => [70,37],
PBSpecies::CHEERILEE => [70,38]
}
end

Maps 20 & 21, and Latios and Latias are examples, not part of the code!

and here's part of my event where I turn on the switches for each of the roaming pokemon.
http://biancagames.com/roamswitches.png[/img]

I've checked switches in debug mode and those switches are on. But the roaming pokemon never appear in the grass of maps with id 30,31, or 35, and the pokedex says "area unknown" for the roamers. The roamers are supposed to be level 70, and when looking for them I use a max repel and have a lead pokemon at level 65.

Jesus Christ, don't triple post. >:|

sorry.... but I don't see why it would hurt anything given that they were not spam posts.

Well, since there was no error when puting your code, it should have worked. I haven't looked into this feature yet, but the encounter rate could be a little too high yea? And if you set them to appear in different routes, then aren't you supposed to go to another map, and come back to reset their position? Just in case they weren't in that area when you first went there looking. But that's just my guess.

Good luck =)
-Krobe

Well there were three different roamers and I changed areas several times so I shouldv'e ran into at least one of them at least ONCE given that I only gave them three possible areas to be in.. I'm not sure how to change the encounter rate because I haven't looked into it yet but like I said I was using a repel so no other wild encounters were happening either. My lead pokemon was lower than the roamers' supposed levels.

Well, I'd probably have to look at the script myself, so I will when I get back, I'll post back here tonight. If you don't wanna wait, you can always PM Poccil, but yea. I'll be back later, and check it out.

-Krobe

Sorry for the wait Nim.

I took a look at the script, and it seems like you input everything like it should be, the capitalizations and everything, so I think your better off PMing Poccil =/

Sorry I couldn't help. =(
-Krobe

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.