Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

@XesRax - Use a call script, and type in: pbAddPokemon(X,Y) where X is the species number of the Pokemon, and Y is its level. It would be easier to find out everything you need to know if you just look at Notes.html. =)

-Krobe

Jesus..i wish this would just get locked so people would look at notes.html...anyway, use encounter.html in the PBS and enter your map name, map type, and under it you enter pokemon name and levels...for the exact amount you must use notes.html, certain scenarios call for certain numbers..

Krobelus":b9nwmrst said:
Battle Arena? Can you go into more detail please? I don't think I've ever heard of it o.o

-Krobe

A feature of Emerald's battle frontier. There's a script for it but it isn't set up. Meaning that unlike the battle tower and battle palace, there is no map to goto and play it.

http://biancagames.com/battlearena2.PNG[/img]

Jesus..i wish this would just get locked so people would look at notes.html.

Some questions, like most of mine, aren't answered in notes.html, so I'd prefer that this doesn't get locked. :)

Yo, I've been using this and it's been going well, started on second town then decided to try out making a Trainer as I'd need to in Route 2 of the game. I altered the text documents for the Trainer Type and then created it and said what pokémon they had and everything but when I fought the Trainer in the game no Trainer sprite shows up in the battle.

I'm thinking it's because I added my own trainer type and trainer so there is no sprite associated with it so I looked at the Trainer areas of the manual/notes and I can't find where it tell syou how to add a sprite to a newly added trainer type. It's proberlly simple but I can't work it out so any help would be great, thanks!

name a trainer sprite "trainer#" with # being the id of the trainer type. Note that if the number is less than 100, you must put a zero, for example "trainer099". the sprite goes into the "characters" folder, even though it's an in-battle sprite.

How do I make certain wild encounters, like the one after you choose your starters and some legendaries, so the player can't run? I've already tried setting the "can escape" field in pbwildbattle to false, but it still lets me run. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how I can accomplish this?

humm? how can i make that wen a certain pokemon  that haves "cut" can cut the tree?
here is the thing i don't have any pokemon and it still cuts!!

@XesRax - If your in test play, then the Debug flag is turned on, which makes it so that you can use any HM anywhere, at anytime. Also if your not playing test play, but your playing the demo, and you talked to the event that turns on the Debug flag, then it'll happen that way as if you were playing test play.

@Dann Woolf - You know it's a demo yea? If your actually planning on making your own Pokemon game, then get your own graphics if you have a problem with these.

@Nim the Dialga - So you want to call a battle? You call this script: "pbWildBattle(X,Y,V,C) where X is the species number of the Pokemon, and Y is its level. The optional parameter C is true if the player can escape from the battle." And are you sure you set C to false? If so, then paste your code here and I'll see if I can fix it.

-Krobe

@XesRax - If your in test play, then the Debug flag is turned on, which makes it so that you can use any HM anywhere, at anytime. Also if your not playing test play, but your playing the demo, and you talked to the event that turns on the Debug flag, then it'll happen that way as if you were playing test play.

Actually i am making my game in the test play xD well wen i am finish were do i kill "remove" the debug now that you are an expert  on pokemon kit! and thanx 4 all the help 4 shore you will be on my credits!

Ahaha, thanks! But it's not necessary. Anyway the debug flag is only turned on during Test play, so when you play using the Game.exe, it wont be on, so no worries. ^^

-Krobe

Krobelus":3pj8pl04 said:
@Nim the Dialga - So you want to call a battle? You call this script: "pbWildBattle(X,Y,V,C) where X is the species number of the Pokemon, and Y is its level. The optional parameter C is true if the player can escape from the battle." And are you sure you set C to false? If so, then paste your code here and I'll see if I can fix it.

-Krobe
It's for sure set to false.

Here's the event for one of my several legendaries. All my legendary events are the same, minus the cry played and text shown, species encountered, and bgm.

http://biancagames.com/rainbowbritepokemonevent.PNG[/img]

@Nim - Try setting the variable to a number instead of false, because since it's optional, I think your supposed to put a number in there. 1 3 or 5, try each and tell me what happens.

I just tried all three of those numbers, in addition to zero, and all four of them still let me run. And by the way I thought that in code, 1 = true and 0 = false .

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.